Jump to content
BANGKOK
Krmull

Missing Thailand entry stamp

Recommended Posts

Hello,

My husband and I travelled to Thailand for a 3 week vacation. We are American citizens who entered Chiang Mai International Airport via a flight from Guangzhou, China.  

It has come to my attention that we somehow did not get an entry stamp or go through the proper Immigration process at CNX. We have our Arrival Card and the attached Departure Card. 

Upon noticing this, we went to the Immigration Office in Koh Samui. They said it is “okay” and to “take care of yourselves,” but could not provide further assistance. 

We exit the country tomorrow via Chiang Mai.  

Any advice? Back to immigration, but the Chiang Mai office this time? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Did you pass an immigration counter and an IO checked your passport?

Not much you can do now anyway, just be at the airport early enough (and pass immigration, or have an IO at the airport check your passports) in case of any complications.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You should arrive at the airport with considerable time to spare. It will help if you have printed copies of your tickets and also your boarding passes.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, jackdd said:

Did you pass an immigration counter and an IO checked your passport?

Not much you can do now anyway, just be at the airport early enough (and pass immigration, or have an IO at the airport check your passports) in case of any complications.

Thanks for your response. It’s hard to recall, but we may have accidentally gone through customs and not immigration. We showed our passports and arrival card to an official at a podium there and they waved us through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, Krmull said:

It’s hard to recall, but we may have accidentally gone through customs and not immigration.

do you recall something like this? without the words fast track? they would have taken your photo and then the stamp.

 

D5dXDcIWwAAe01r.jpg

Edited by NCC1701A

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, Krmull said:

Any advice? Back to immigration, but the Chiang Mai office this time?  

i would make sure some friends or family know you are going into immigration and are waiting to get a text saying you are alright.

I would take 10,000 baht in cash and make sure you eat first and have some snack bars with you and a bottle of water.   

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

do you recall something like this? without the words fast track? they would have taken your photo and then the stamp.

 

D5dXDcIWwAAe01r.jpg

Definitely not - that is very helpful, thank you. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

i would make sure some friends or family know you are going into immigration and are waiting to get a text saying you are alright.

I would take 10,000 baht in cash and make sure you eat first and have some snack bars with you and a bottle of water.   

Foreboding, but helpful. Thank you. Will take that advice. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Krmull said:

Thanks for all of your input! Went to the airport today and were helped by kind officers who gave us the proper documentation in a short amount of time. 

Glad everything worked out for you, and thanks for reporting back.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Removed an off-topic post.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It should not be possible to just enter a country without going through Immigration at an international airport. What kind of security is that??? And even the immigration office is not taking any action after telling them you miss an entry stamp in your passport??? Seriously, <deleted>!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dnyy said:

It should not be possible to just enter a country without going through Immigration at an international airport. What kind of security is that??? And even the immigration office is not taking any action after telling them you miss an entry stamp in your passport??? Seriously, <deleted>!

 

Can you imagine this happening at Changi airport where every angle has been taken care of to ensure no silly hicups and at the same time keep everything balanced and friendly and totally secure.

 

I recall taking my Thai mid teen son to Singapore to start high school, he had a student visa letter (obtaind by a professional agency recommended by his new high school), he could read, comprehend, speak advanced English and he had been to Singapore many times before for short visits.

 

When we lined up at the pasport desks he went first and wanted me to go with him. A senior oofficer was cruising around the area and quickly asked if we needed help. He could see my son was worried about getting into Singapore other than as a short term visitor.

 

The snr. imm. officer asked if i was his father, then said you can't go to the pp desk together but I will come with you. He stood close to my son but actually did'nt say one word. 

 

The actual imm. man at the desk read the visa document then asked in a friendly tone 'are you going to finish high school in Singapore?' Son replied 'yes I am, I hope i can pass all my exams and finish HS here'.

 

PP man responde with a stamp in sons passport and said 'welcome, please study hard'.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Dnyy said:

It should not be possible to just enter a country without going through Immigration at an international airport. What kind of security is that??? And even the immigration office is not taking any action after telling them you miss an entry stamp in your passport??? Seriously, <deleted>!

Additionally how did they book into any hotels

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...