Yellow book at Banglamung (Pattaya)

2 minutes ago, franckpattaya said:

I would like to go to the Amphoe with the paperwork in my hand,it's the reason I am asking about the passport.

I understand, and I'm trying to save you a wasted journey. Very few foreigners apply for yellow TB's so the odds of someone coming up with a definitive list are slim. If you want the answer you need to ask the Amphoe you're applying at. 

I would be amazed if they do not want your passport translated and certified.

• 1 year later...
4 hours ago, salsajapan said:

did you get it ?

yellow.jpg

"Thai Translate guarantee by Insitutie of Translate" - is this a government department? If so maybe they can translate this Ampurs instructions into a more passable form of English. 

7 hours ago, jonclark said:

"Thai Translate guarantee by Insitutie of Translate" - is this a government department? If so maybe they can translate this Ampurs instructions into a more passable form of English. 

Almost certainly a certification that the translation is correct, by the MFA.  I would have the service that does the translation handle getting the MFA stamp, so if any issue, they have to fix it.

Each Amphur is different - the idea of needing a certified copy of your Passport is somewhat nuts when you can produce your original passport. I think it's more to do with getting an accurate and certified translation of your name in the yellow book - but that doesn’t account for the Embassy needing to Certify the Copy. 

What seems to be needed involves 3 steps:

1) Obtain Embassy Certified Copy of Passport.

2) Get a Translation of Certified Copy of Passport.

3) Get the Translation of Certified Copy of Passport verified by the MFA. 

11 hours ago, richard_smith237 said:

Each Amphur is different - the idea of needing a certified copy of your Passport is somewhat nuts when you can produce your original passport. I think it's more to do with getting an accurate and certified translation of your name in the yellow book - but that doesn’t account for the Embassy needing to Certify the Copy. 

What seems to be needed involves 3 steps:

1) Obtain Embassy Certified Copy of Passport.

2) Get a Translation of Certified Copy of Passport.

3) Get the Translation of Certified Copy of Passport verified by the MFA. 

A friend of mine jumped through all the hoops to get this.At the end of the day he said it wasn't worth the hassle...Its not of much use anywhere with a very few exception.Even going to MFA in BKK costs as I don't have a car so other than bus etc.Not to mention an Embassy visit with the appointment etc.I have to get a car /driver.Thats enough for me to say "no thanks" I've managed to live here over 16 years without one.

3 hours ago, jaideedave said:

A friend of mine jumped through all the hoops to get this.At the end of the day he said it wasn't worth the hassle...

Others found it not much of a hassle even in Pattaya:

Its not of much use anywhere with a very few exception.

Even going to MFA in BKK costs as I don't have a car so other than bus etc.

No need. Couple of places on Soi Post Office can handle it all for us cesspoolians. Some places around in BKK as well.

Edited by BigStar