TM-30 Rules: Reporting by House Owners regarding foreigners - Update Requested

Background

I am on Non-O (Thai Wife) visa. Came back to Thailand from Singapore on 08-Jun-19 along with my wife on a week's long holiday trip. 03 months prior to our journey, my wife reported to Immigration on TM-30 form with my details of course as foreigner(myself) residing in the property that is in her name. As we moved to this new property a year back. We had to pay fine for late submission of TM-30.

Questions

1. Was she supposed to submit TM-30 form again after coming back from Singapore even though she submitted earlier and the address is the same? 
  2. If I visit to another city in Thailand for certain number (Short Period) of days and stay in hotel then every time when we come back my wife has to submit TM-30?  
  3. We both are keen cyclist and keep on visiting many cities across Thailand. In that case how TM-30 reporting should be managed? 

I would be happy if precise answers with reference shared by respected members.

Thanks and Regards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. No, it's YOUR respynsibility when you fly back to Thailand to go to immigration and report your address again. Bring the TM30 slip they put in the back of your passport, make sure you don't lose it.

2. No, it's only when you leave the country.

3. N/A

1. In most provinces yes

2. Only in some provinces

3. See point 2. When you stay at a hotel they report you, so if your local immigration office requires it, your wife has to report you when you are back home

1 hour ago, taken said:

Was she supposed to submit TM-30 form again after coming back from Singapore even though she submitted earlier and the address is the same? 

By law, yes. But it depends on your local office policy/rules.

If I visit to another city in Thailand for certain number (Short Period) of days and stay in hotel then every time when we come back my wife has to submit TM-30?  

By law, yes. But it depends on your local office policy/rules.

We both are keen cyclist and keep on visiting many cities across Thailand. In that case how TM-30 reporting should be managed? 

By law, every time you stay somewhere overnight someone is responsible to report your stay to immigration.

If you stay somewhere that doesn’t report your stay (family etc) then there’s no need to report when you get home even if required at your local office. 

The system works on the basis that a new report is made when you stay somewhere, so if you’re reported as staying in Nakhon Nowhere you remain at that address on the TM.30 system until your reported back at home or staying elsewhere.

All said, offices are enforcing the law differently so it depends on what they want you to do.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

It’s just a way to scam more money out of the foreigner

I’m not sure it is all about fines. Three of us went to CW and by the letter of the law all three of us should have been fined because we didn’t submit a TM30 within 24 hours after arriving back in our Bangkok homes. Only one was fined who had never submitted or stayed in a hotel that submitted a TM30 since arriving in the country. Personally I think it’s more about bringing landlords to the surface who dodge their tax responsibility.

• Thanks 1

At Si Racha Immigration i have to do a new TM.30.

When i come back from a trip outside Thailand.
If i go any where inside Thailand where a new TM.30 is made, Then i have to do a new TM.30 when i return home.

Immigration told me, Let my wife register where we stay, And if ask for my passport, Say NO !!!

Well the last 2-3 years we done that (wife register) and they dont ask to see my passport when we stay at hotels / Guesthouse.

Kindly.

6 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

At Si Racha Immigration i have to do a new TM.30.

When i come back from a trip outside Thailand.
If i go any where inside Thailand where a new TM.30 is made, Then i have to do a new TM.30 when i return home.

Immigration told me, Let my wife register where we stay, And if ask for my passport, Say NO !!!

Well the last 2-3 years we done that (wife register) and they dont ask to see my passport when we stay at hotels / Guesthouse.

Kindly.

I would be concerned that I was putting the hotel at risk by not giving them my passport if they asked.

2 minutes ago, Martyp said:

I would be concerned that I was putting the hotel at risk by not giving them my passport if they asked.

The hotels could just refuse to let him stay there if they are worried about breaking the law.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, taken said:
  1. Was she supposed to submit TM-30 form again after coming back from Singapore even though she submitted earlier and the address is the same? 
  2. If I visit to another city in Thailand for certain number (Short Period) of days and stay in hotel then every time when we come back my wife has to submit TM-30?  
  3. We both are keen cyclist and keep on visiting many cities across Thailand. In that case how TM-30 reporting should be managed? 

According to the latest articles in the news section:

1. Yes. Always, when returning from abroad.
  2. Yes. The latest note from Immigration a few days ago, you always need to report. Earlier it was different from province-to-province, if you need to report, but no details about that after the last official statement.
  3. If you don't stay at a hotel, guest house, or other place that should make a TM30-report, you probably shall report yourself at the local police station within 24-hours from arrival.

The last news-article I've seen about TM30 is from this Saturday (20th July):

40 minutes ago, Martyp said:

If they ask i give it to them, And do a new TM.30 when return, It is easy to do at Si Racha Immigration, Take like 1-5 minute.

Find it strange that one can keep reading that Immigration want hotel and others to register us.
And my Immigration say Dont give passport..

Kindly.

1 hour ago, rwill said:

If they do start enforcing the TM30 policy fully they should get rid of 90 day reporting as it is redundant and unnecessary.

What they should do and what they will do is two different things. This is Thailand.

• Like 1

As per previous, the actual requires you to register TM30 each time you re-enter the country if staying in private accommodation, even if you own it. However, the owner of the property ( in this case your wife ) is actially responsible for doing it, and can be fined if they do not.

if you only ever use hotels and they take a copy of your passport, they will do the TM30, so in this case you do not need to. 

Supposedly, if you travel around Thailand, you should report to each area immigration office you intend to stay in, if there is not one available, then the local police station.

However, my local immigration office, Jomtiem, informed me when i asked, that i only need to register if i leave the country and return.  That was last year. The chief immigratoin officer is now implying that this bit is not correct and we should report at each province etc.

i will have to go and check at immigration again.

of course, the problem is always that various immigration offices interpret the rules differently.

i guess, in order to be fine free, it is better to register everywhere you go. 

47 minutes ago, misterangry said:

Do I still need to report if have a yellow book please?

According to another thread on here if you're listed on the Tabien Baan you are not a temporary foreign resident so they already know where you are. However, I expect each office will interpret the rules differently.

I have used the wife or girl friend to checkin when traveling in Thailand or my Thai drivers license which has been accepted. In Phuket they do require a new TM 30 every time you leave i believe, have not tested it as I do the above,  without issues so far. Maybe others on the island have had a different experience.

11 minutes ago, Jaggg88 said:

According to another thread on here if you're listed on the Tabien Baan you are not a temporary foreign resident so they already know where you are. However, I expect each office will interpret the rules differently.

That would be correct if person with permanent residency was registered in a  blue tambien ban since they do not have to do any reporting.

Having a yellow tambien ban does not exempt you from doing a TM30 report.

Just now, rwill said:

If they do start enforcing the TM30 policy fully they should get rid of 90 day reporting as it is redundant and unnecessary.

Honestly speaking 90 days report makes no sense especially for those that have been in here for over 3 years without police or immigration problems... the 90 days should be applicable to tourist who wishes to stay in here longer than the expected  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Martyp said:

I wouldn’t be concerned about the hotel at all, if they accept a guest without ID it’s their choice.I regularly visit a small hotel down south where they don’t ask me for any ID as they have my pink card on record. If that’s gets me off the hook for TM30ing I’m happy.

5 hours ago, kevden said:

Are members using the "Section 38" Android App with success as they return to their 'usual' residence (after a trip within Thailand? Screenshot_20190719_142253_th_go.immigration.section38.thumb.jpg.13b21980d90fc81c4d9a17b54583b649.jpg

When I search android playstore  section 38 does not come up. I tried the immigration services app but registration failed

2DEDC2C4-06BF-405E-AD53-A0AFC7C24617.jpeg

Edited by Fairynuff

7 hours ago, misterangry said:

Do I still need to report if have a yellow book please?

I need to, and I have a Yellow House Book, which is an approval of address, not proof of residency.

On 7/21/2019 at 8:43 PM, elviajero said:

by law, every time you stay somewhere overnight someone is responsible to report your stay to immigration.

Overnight is not 24 hrs. i recently checked in an hotel at 5pm said i was leaving

8 am no passport or I D was asked for.