BANGKOK
taken

TM-30 Rules: Reporting by House Owners regarding foreigners - Update Requested

Background

I am on Non-O (Thai Wife) visa. Came back to Thailand from Singapore on 08-Jun-19 along with my wife on a week's long holiday trip. 03 months prior to our journey, my wife reported to Immigration on TM-30 form with my details of course as foreigner(myself) residing in the property that is in her name. As we moved to this new property a year back. We had to pay fine for late submission of TM-30.

Questions

1. Was she supposed to submit TM-30 form again after coming back from Singapore even though she submitted earlier and the address is the same? 
  2. If I visit to another city in Thailand for certain number (Short Period) of days and stay in hotel then every time when we come back my wife has to submit TM-30?  
  3. We both are keen cyclist and keep on visiting many cities across Thailand. In that case how TM-30 reporting should be managed? 

I would be happy if precise answers with reference shared by respected members.

Thanks and Regards

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1. No, it's YOUR respynsibility when you fly back to Thailand to go to immigration and report your address again. Bring the TM30 slip they put in the back of your passport, make sure you don't lose it.

2. No, it's only when you leave the country.

3. N/A

1. In most provinces yes

2. Only in some provinces

3. See point 2. When you stay at a hotel they report you, so if your local immigration office requires it, your wife has to report you when you are back home

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, taken said:

Was she supposed to submit TM-30 form again after coming back from Singapore even though she submitted earlier and the address is the same? 

By law, yes. But it depends on your local office policy/rules.

If I visit to another city in Thailand for certain number (Short Period) of days and stay in hotel then every time when we come back my wife has to submit TM-30?  

By law, yes. But it depends on your local office policy/rules.

We both are keen cyclist and keep on visiting many cities across Thailand. In that case how TM-30 reporting should be managed? 

By law, every time you stay somewhere overnight someone is responsible to report your stay to immigration.

If you stay somewhere that doesn’t report your stay (family etc) then there’s no need to report when you get home even if required at your local office. 

The system works on the basis that a new report is made when you stay somewhere, so if you’re reported as staying in Nakhon Nowhere you remain at that address on the TM.30 system until your reported back at home or staying elsewhere.

All said, offices are enforcing the law differently so it depends on what they want you to do.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ExpatNP said:

What’s the fine for late submission of the TM30?

In CW Bangkok the late fine is 800 baht. It may be different elsewhere

• Like 1

If they do start enforcing the TM30 policy fully they should get rid of 90 day reporting as it is redundant and unnecessary.

• Like 2

It’s just a way to scam more money out of the foreigner

• Like 1

It’s just a way to scam more money out of the foreigner

I’m not sure it is all about fines. Three of us went to CW and by the letter of the law all three of us should have been fined because we didn’t submit a TM30 within 24 hours after arriving back in our Bangkok homes. Only one was fined who had never submitted or stayed in a hotel that submitted a TM30 since arriving in the country. Personally I think it’s more about bringing landlords to the surface who dodge their tax responsibility.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Martyp said:

In CW Bangkok the late fine is 800 baht. It may be different elsewhere

1600bht in Jomtien.

17 hours ago, taken said:

I would be happy if precise answers with reference shared by respected members.

YOu might get more useful and accurate advice if you mentioned which Immigration Office you're dealing with...

At Si Racha Immigration i have to do a new TM.30.

When i come back from a trip outside Thailand.
If i go any where inside Thailand where a new TM.30 is made, Then i have to do a new TM.30 when i return home.

Immigration told me, Let my wife register where we stay, And if ask for my passport, Say NO !!!

Well the last 2-3 years we done that (wife register) and they dont ask to see my passport when we stay at hotels / Guesthouse.

Kindly.

6 minutes ago, JJ Madcow said:

At Si Racha Immigration i have to do a new TM.30.

When i come back from a trip outside Thailand.
If i go any where inside Thailand where a new TM.30 is made, Then i have to do a new TM.30 when i return home.

Immigration told me, Let my wife register where we stay, And if ask for my passport, Say NO !!!

Well the last 2-3 years we done that (wife register) and they dont ask to see my passport when we stay at hotels / Guesthouse.

Kindly.

I would be concerned that I was putting the hotel at risk by not giving them my passport if they asked.