Jump to content
BANGKOK
Joedobbs

Could True be Throttling my internet??

Recommended Posts

Hi,

 

My IPTV was working fine, now all of a sudden after 2 weeks it constantly buffers. Could this be True throttling my internet, blocking it or slowing down the streaming??

 

How can I check whether this is a problem with my internet, the iptv service provider or my android device?

 

Any help would be much appreciated.

 

I supposedly have both a 2g and 5g connection that they installed and I can connect to either in my home network (wifi)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The 2.4GHz connection can travel farther distances but the performance will generally be lower.

With 5GHz you should notice faster data rates at a shorter distance.

You can always do a Speed test.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

The 2.4GHz connection can travel farther distances but the performance will generally be lower.

With 5GHz you should notice faster data rates at a shorter distance.

You can always do a Speed test.

Thanks. They set up a router and then a second router with 4 antennas next to it and said I could connect to either the true 2g or true 5g networks (wifi) they set up at my new house.

 

Speed tests are all quite high, just below the 100mb download and 50mb upload of my package.

 

However, recently I have been watching my iptv and it just buffers constantly so not sure whether its my iptv service provider or my internet or my device which is a firestick?

 

Anyway of figuring out whether it's my internet or not?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Not sure how to do this, I just did a download speed test on that website and the results are lower - 23 download speed instead of the nearly 100 mb from other sites.

 

What can I do, is it most likely my internet that is causing the problems???

 

Any suggestions on how to improve??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Joedobbs said:

Not sure how to do this, I just did a download speed test on that website and the results are lower - 23 download speed instead of the nearly 100 mb from other sites.

 

What can I do, is it most likely my internet that is causing the problems???

 

Any suggestions on how to improve??

I'm getting 700Mbps download and I'm supposed to get 1000.  I have 3bb coming out tomorrow to take a look and see what the problem is.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

True for me gets really bad about 9PM for a couple of hours, same every night. Always better if not on wi fi of course and plugged in to the router

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Joedobbs said:

Thanks. They set up a router and then a second router with 4 antennas next to it and said I could connect to either the true 2g or true 5g networks (wifi) they set up at my new house.

 

Speed tests are all quite high, just below the 100mb download and 50mb upload of my package.

 

However, recently I have been watching my iptv and it just buffers constantly so not sure whether its my iptv service provider or my internet or my device which is a firestick?

 

Anyway of figuring out whether it's my internet or not?

Hi Joe, good advice from everyone. I can’t  offer any other advice but your download should be more than adequate to stream data. You normally only need around 6/8 mbps. Also confused about you having 2 routers. Do you think one might be the tv play box and the other with 4 antennas the router?

Get them to double check that no one else is connected to your service.

See what True say when you contact them. Best of luck.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ianezy0 said:

Hi Joe, good advice from everyone. I can’t  offer any other advice but your download should be more than adequate to stream data. You normally only need around 6/8 mbps. Also confused about you having 2 routers. Do you think one might be the tv play box and the other with 4 antennas the router?

Get them to double check that no one else is connected to your service.

See what True say when you contact them. Best of luck.

Not the playbox.

 

There is a white router and then next to it a smaller black router with 4 antennas...

 

They told me I had two wifi networks I could connect to a true2g105 and a true5g105

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...