BANGKOK
matt9998

Vientiane Tourist Visa Update: Many People Denied

Thanks for the update.  Were you given a reason for the denial?  Were you then able to re-enter Thailand at the border as visa-exempt?

Posted (edited)

the queues at savanakhet are going to be getting a lot longer once word gets around.

to the OP how comes you didn't get an interview? do you think it was the previous work permit and did you get back in at the border or still in laos?

Edited by GeorgeCross

Posted (edited)
9 minutes ago, SicTransit said:

I’m betting my top baht you cannot cite those rules.

Your top baht are quite safe, I can't cite those rules. Nevertheless they are obviously being applied aren't they?

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Forgive me but why else do you need to visit Vientiane if not for reentry to Thailand. Am I being ignorant, do people actually visit Vientiane for other purposes?

Does this not put a major dent in the hotel economy in Vientiane?

Maybe I'm just not aware I just did mot see many people doing anything but get Visa's whilst there twice, previously.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, brewsterbudgen said:

Thanks for the update.  Were you given a reason for the denial?  Were you then able to re-enter Thailand at the border as visa-exempt?

No reason was given other than "my boss reject you sorry ka".  Yes I was able to get back in after greasing a couple palms so to speak. I was definitely sweating.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, SicTransit said:

Living as in having access to social security, health insurance and other rights? Good job then getting rid of that potential burden on Thai society! That’ll show them freeloading western immigrants.

Did they also get to keep the visa fee?

In Vientiane you pay the day after when you receive your visa. As I was rejected I didn't have to pay anything.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1