Advice on Thai Social Security

Isaanbiker

I've started paying in 2005, since then I've worked at different schools where some paid into the SS, 
 but some others didn't. I guess I'll never understand how agencies can bypass almost all laws and leave employees without insurance, not even offering accident insurance. 

Currently, I pay in the minimum of 438 baht, and I need to find out how I could ask for the payout of a lump sum in the next weeks. 

I'll turn 60 next May and would look at a pension of monthly 400, or 500 baht. I haven't checked for a while, but it must be around 100 K that was paid in since I started.

I need to find out if I can ask for the lump sum. All that's been paid in so far, but I don't want to lose my insurance and want to continue to pay in my 438 baht.

Is it possible that they can deny to let somebody continue paying in the 438 baht after they reimbursed the amount of money that both the employers and I have paid in so far?

My apologies, I've read quite a few threads about the Thai SS, but I'd like to know from people who did that in person if they could continue paying the 438 after receiving the amount in form of a one-time lump sum?

The insurance pays for my treatment, which isn't cheap per month and I'm afraid that they could deny my wish to continue, once they've given me the amount in the form of a lump sum on my bank account.

Any advice from people who did that would be deeply appreciated. I'd not like to lose my insurance, but I've got no idea how the regulations in such a case are — Especially after the take over of the military.

Thanks a lot in advance.  ????

27 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

Speak to Norman at Sitri. I think he will be able to advise a young ‘whipper-snapper’ like you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks a lot. Will do and see what he did. Haven't seen him for quite a long time. Have a nice week. 

Thanks a lot. Will do and see what he did. Haven't seen him for quite a long time. Have a nice week. 

He goes to HKG mid afternoons, once or twice a week prior to picking his kids up!

44 minutes ago, DILLIGAD said:

He goes to HKG mid afternoons, once or twice a week prior to picking his kids up!

Poor kids! I'll go to the institution when I've got some time. Thanks, mate.

Archived