Applying for visa in the UK

Hi Guys/Girls

Apparently you can no longer send your passport to a Thai embassy in the UK , you have to apply online via https://www.thaievisa.go.th

This is extremely difficult to use, i cannot  manage to get the right size photo image into their photo checker, as for scanning my biometric passport page  into their system, is beyond me.

Any help would be appreciated , if all else fails does anyone know of a visa agent in the UK who could do it for me.

Thanks in advance

Any help on this subject would be appreciated as I have same issues. Can anyone confirm that they have successfully completed the e visa procedure and obtained a Non O single entry visa in London? 

Ambiguous Wording and lack of instructions is very misleading other than "please scan and attach in proper manner otherwise your application will be REJECT" which really is not very helpful.

Thanks 

TBWG

PS:- I do wonder if this is an IT issue that has just occurred in view of Tucker4444 issues at the same time?

Screenshot 2019-07-22 at 21.27.24.png

Edited by TBWG
photo add

Hello, sorry for my bad English, i apply two weeks ago for a visa in Paris, i take a picture of a 45mm*35mm photo (same passport) with my iphone (full frame) , send to myself by email, download this pic on my computer and download the pic from the computer to the thai website(Jpeg). It works perfectly for me. All documents must be in jpeg format, for me all works fine.

Edited by benoit75
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, benoit75 said:

Hello, sorry for my bad English, i apply two weeks ago for a visa in Paris, i take a picture of a 45mm*35mm photo (same passport) with my iphone (full frame) , send to myself by email, download this pic on my computer and download the pic from the computer to the thai website(Jpeg). It works perfectly for me. All documents must be in jpeg format, for me all works fine.

Hi Benoit 

Thanks for your reply, my problem and Tucker4444 is how to attach the scan/jpeg to the application website. There seems no way to do it!

TBWG

TBWG,

If I go through the process for a METV I get a screen similar to the one you posted in post 4, but with a "Choose File" box just above the blank image.  This seems to be missing in your pic.

Capture.JPG.c4fce88b1d295397a84f516af0741bb9.JPG

Try clicking in the space where this is shown in my pic.  Might also be worth clearing cache and cookies if this doesn't work.

• Like 1

i scanned the passport pages with personal information and signature on a A4 format sheet, then transform this scan to jpeg format and download the sheet into the thai website. No problem.

Edited by benoit75
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, treetops said:

TBWG,

If I go through the process for a METV I get a screen similar to the one you posted in post 4, but with a "Choose File" box just above the blank image.  This seems to be missing in your pic.

Capture.JPG.c4fce88b1d295397a84f516af0741bb9.JPG

Try clicking in the space where this is shown in my pic.  Might also be worth clearing cache and cookies if this doesn't work.

Thanks for that ... after starting the whole process again I finally got the choose file option.

Only taken 3 hours to complete!!!  

TBWG

Sometimes the browser you are using just isn't liked by the web site you are using (Thai embassy's in this case) . I have experienced problems using Firefox in the past, and simply using Google Chrome or Explorer has solved the problem. If you're not seeing the 'choose file' option, try changing your browser. Hope it helps.

• Like 1

As you can see in the picture above it says "please press proceed" and that is a little confusing because there is not a proceed button:-)  but scroll to the bottom and click "edit" that then opens up a link on the picture to upload your files. (Of course...) Make sure passport photo is 35-40mm wide, lots of online tools to do it.

Lastly, there is a thread that says be sure to copy your reference number from top right corner so you can go back to your application, I did but still got a big fat zero on logging in next time, so best to have all your docs ready and do it in one go.

what's the concensus on the photo size?  just got one done to be under the 200kb file limit as stated in the PDF manual, but someone else said they successfully uploaded a British spec photo, which was about 289kb I think they said ( which would be better, than having different specs). Is the file size limit just for documents?