Jump to content
BANGKOK
Nordude

What to do if rejected entry at BKK?

Recommended Posts

My EU girlfriend and I will be arriving at BKK soon with fresh METVs. This is our second METVs since November 2018. Before that we have use an exemption for staying two weeks each year, nothing more. I'm not expecting any problems, but you never know.

 

My question is what is best practice if they decide to reject us for some reason? Which city in a neighboring country should we try to change our tickets to in order to get back to Bangkok as swiftly as possible?

  • Confused 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

If you are flying in from EU you will be forced to buy a ticket back to your home country or the country you departed from if they reject you. Changing your tickets doesn't work and hence you're risking a lot flying into any BKK airport these days. There are simply too many reports with arbitrary reasons given by immigration.

 

If you have spent a good amount of time back in your home country you should be less scrutinized.

Edited by matt9998

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, matt9998 said:

flying in from EU you will be forced to buy a ticket back to your home country or the country you departed from if they reject you. Changing your tickets doesn't work and hence you're risking a lot flying into any BKK airport these days

There are two direct flights from my home town to BKK every day. To go to one of Thailands neighboring countries I would have to change flights in BKK anyway. Seems a bit overcautious to make such a detour just to avoid a small possibility of being rejected.

 

I just want to have a plan B if disaster strikes, that's all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matt9998 said:

If you are flying in from EU you will be forced to buy a ticket back to your home country or the country you departed from if they reject you. Changing your tickets doesn't work and hence you're risking a lot flying into any BKK airport these days.

How do you know for sure you can not book a new ticket out of Thailand to KL for an example? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The chances of being rejected on your second METV is very small. Just make sure you dress professionally, have at least 20k on you per person and have genuine tourist related answers ready as to why you are basically going to spend up to a year in LOS. 

 

I would be a little nervous but not overly so when doing a border bounce to use the second half of the 2nd METV- your cumulative stay will be getting above 9 months for 1 year. However if you do this for just 1 year the risk of being denied is still very low.

 

If you were to do this for 2 years in a row your risk of being denied would go up a lot to a point where i personally would not risk it but still good chance of entry.

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would an ongoing ticket to another county, and not a person's home country suffice.

 

ie; ongoing ticket to Cambodia and the person came from the U.S. My mitochondria are confused.

 

 

Sent from my KFFOWI using Tapatalk

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, steven2018 said:

Would an ongoing ticket to another county, and not a person's home country suffice.

 

ie; ongoing ticket to Cambodia and the person came from the U.S. My mitochondria are confused.

That would be an excellent solution as long as the flight into Thailand and the flight from Thailand to Cambodia used the same airline.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BritTim said:

That would be an excellent solution as long as the flight into Thailand and the flight from Thailand to Cambodia used the same airline.

I haven't heard of someone being denied entry and then being able to fly to any place other than where they embarked. It probably has happened but I would have thought a long shot.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Nordude said:

My question is what is best practice if they decide to reject us for some reason?

Post the rejection on fakebook or other social media. :smile:

  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...