What to do if rejected entry at BKK?

On 7/22/2019 at 3:22 AM, Dnyy said:

Why should a genuine tourist dress professionally?

I mostly dress with T shirt..and Bermuda..or a normal jeans..never had any problems,and I visited many many countries...  Why would you have to dress as a "professional"??

i dont get that.

Hans

4 hours ago, sunnyboy2018 said:

Why? How will that help them?

Not you, but maybe others. With enough social media publicity, they may be forced to, either, a) publish those unpublished rules, or, b) stop this practice. There's nothing that Thai (officials) fear more than "loss of face"...

Edited by StayinThailand2much

On 8/4/2019 at 7:56 AM, BritTim said:

According to your definition of a tourist, he is not a tourist.

Nordude said:

I've stayed since November 2018 with the exception of a few weeks now and then.

I accept there may be a lot of grey areas and subjectivity, but I don't believe any definition of tourist you or I could come up with would cover that.  However, he gained entry and that's what matters.

Tourist is defined in English as a person who travels for pleasure. The Thai definition, however, may be something different. If you've got the money there's no reason that you can't be a perpetual tourist, but then again if you've got the money you can also just buy an Elite visa. Hence people who cannot afford to buy, or refuse to buy an Elite visa but want to visit Thailand many times per year are viewed with suspicion by Thai immigration. People who want to spend as much time in Thailand as possible, returning home for a few months at a time to earn money for their next visit are SOL.

Edited by SteveK