Man caught for killing horses and selling horse meat

webfact

Man caught for killing horses and selling horse meat

watchdog-thailand.jpg

(Photo) Watchdog Thailand Facebook page

A man has been held by police for questioning after he was accused of killing horses and selling their meat in Thailand’s eastern province of Chonburi.

Chonburi police arrested of Mr. Nirun Kamlon, 33, at his house in Tambon Takhien of Banglamung district, on Saturday on the orders of the provincial governor. The Watchdog Thailand Foundation had lodged a complaint with the governor that a Thai man has been killing horses and selling their meat on Facebook and in fresh markets in the district for a long time.

Police found the skull of a horse and dried blood stains in Nirun’s house. A horse and one piece of, what is believed to be, the shin bone of a horse were found in the backyard of his house.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/man-caught-for-killing-horses-and-selling-horse-meat/

thaipbs.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai PBS 2019-07-22

In many other nations, however, eating horse meat is no big deal - and in some cultures, it's even considered a delicacy. Mexico, Switzerland, Kazakhstan, Belgium, Japan, Germany, Indonesia, Poland and China are among the nations where many people eat horse meat without a second thought that is when they're being processed correctly in an a human manner which might not be the case with the subject of this article as well is the uncertainty of the question of course in what condition health and age wise were the butchered animals...

Is it actually illegal to sell horse meat in Thailand? I suspect this is more a case of an unlicenced abbatoir.

Once you get past the idea of eating what came 5th in the 3.30 horse is a tasty and lean meat. Wifey (who won't eat beef) wolfed down a horse steak in Brussels, also had horse burger in Rome. 

https://www.itv.com/news/2013-02-14/how-healthy-horsemeat-fell-out-of-flavour-in-the-uk/

17 minutes ago, ezzra said:

In many other nations, however, eating horse meat is no big deal - and in some cultures, it's even considered a delicacy

well that is not the problem is it ?

If you buy a Steak pie of a street vendor you expect it to be beef

Has anyone ever seen "horse" on a menu in Pattaya - I haven't but have probably eaten it along with dog 

Removing horses and cows will improve the environment and reduce the effect of climate change...so one freshman congress person from New York tells us.  

Personally, I believe all the claims about animal poop contributing to abnormal weather patterns is a crock of sheet!   ????

1 hour ago, smedly said:

Has anyone ever seen "horse" on a menu in Pattaya - I haven't but have probably eaten it along with dog 

Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street

Australians in the outback have eaten horse meat. Wouldn't be surprised if alot of meat pies in OZ have horse meat.

Horse and dog are basically the same word in Thai which probably explains why you can't kill & eat them.

What worries me is getting rat meat in your noodle broth or on a grilled satay stick ,that's why I don't eat vendor food in Chinatown. OMG.

Backpackers do.  555

3 minutes ago, Lucius verus said:

Australians in the outback have eaten horse meat. Wouldn't be surprised if alot of meat pies in OZ have horse meat.

Horse and dog are basically the same word in Thai which probably explains why you can't kill & eat them.

What worries me is getting rat meat in your noodle broth or on a grilled satay stick ,that's why I don't eat vendor food in Chinatown. OMG.

Backpackers do.  555

Horse is maa with a high tone while dog is maa with a rising tone. They are completely different words that don’t sound alike at all. Do you also think that elephant and technician are basically the same word in Thai?

Living in Holland in the seventies, and used to eat a lot of Frickandalen, Krocken,  and burgers. Very tasty, and, I believe the regulations then were that they could only contain a certain percentage of Horsemeat....

The suspect told police he had been killing disabled horses but gave up after breaking his leg in a motor bike accident 6 months ago. Are we supposed to believe he suddenly felt sympathy for the horses after becoming temporarily disabled himself?

He also said the live horse in his backyard was not for killing but was available for sale to anyone who wanted buy it and set it free. First time I have heard of Thais making merit by releasing horses by settling them free like giant cat fish or linnets.  How are horses supposed to be able find food and get themselves shod after being freed on the streets of Pattaya?

The suspect is clearly a liar and fully deserves the 500 baht fine plus public apology and wais to the murdered horses during re-enactment in front of important policemen with scrambled egg on their shoulders.

2 hours ago, intherealworld said:

Aroy, mak, mak

Reminds me of my days in France in the 70s.

My old mum went berserk, when she found out the next day,  it was Horse meat at the BBQ. 

Many years ago I was in Malta, walking through a local indoor market one stall had a huge queue trailing down the aisle, when I got near to it, it was selling horse meat, all the buyers were locals... around the corner was another butcher selling normal meat & chickens... he was standing behind the counter without one customer.

5 hours ago, canuckamuck said:

You can't butcher a horse, and you can go to jail for kicking a dog that is attacking you. But if you have a few connections, you can get away murder here.

just what i thort ....and was going to mention....jail for man protecting himself....what  a crazy stupid place this is.....

5 hours ago, smedly said:

and possibly cat!

2 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

That's like saying that 'horse' and 'hoarse' are basically the same word in English and so the reason why people don't eat horse meat in England is because they're afraid of losing their voice.

2 hours ago, Dogmatix said:

The suspect is clearly a liar and fully deserves the 500 baht fine plus public apology and wais to the murdered horses

I suppose the shrimps and chickens in your TomYum died peacefully of natural causes?

I might add - there's nothing quite like biting into a fresh hot horse burger from a street food vendor in Palermo once you've managed to stumble out of a bar at 2am onto ancient cobblestone roads.

One can always try Swedish meatballs from Ikea, if one wish to try it, might be lucky that they still got some left mixed with horse meat...:whistling:

"Horsemeat found in Ikea meatballs; 21 nations hit".

We were, and probably still are, eating horse meat in my Scandinavian home country. When I was young, we sometimes bought horse steaks – fine meat, and a bit sweater then beef – but not much available, and only a few butcher shops had it.

3 hours ago, Lucius verus said:

Backpackers do.  555

Nothing against rat meat...... Years ago I arrived in Bali. In the middle of night I got my rented car and was on the way to Kuta when I saw a naked bulb and a vendor with some BBQ. Smell was delicious and I was hungry. With a bright smile he told me it was rat what I ate. And indeed the taste was lovely ????

Archived