Pope scheduled to visit Thailand this November

webfact

27 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

I thought here the spelling would be more appropriate as alter boys.

I was in a quandary as to how I should write it. However considering the Catholic Church's reputation now I think I got it right.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Lucius verus said:

......or bad hat day !

Did anyone know there were almost 400,000 Catholics here. 

I know there are several churches in and close to Bangkok but almost 400k ?

I thought the churches were for expats.

I have never met a Thai catholic.

Maybe the TAT supplied these stats to lure in big spending Italians.(sic)

Come on up to north east Issan. There are large Catholic communities in Udon Thani and Sakon Nakhon. And almost the entire north shore of Nong Han Lake is Catholic.

They mainly emanate from Vietnamese refugees, who came over during the war years.

Catholic nuns are a common site in Udon and Sakon Nakhon.

5 hours ago, webfact said:

Pope scheduled to visit Thailand this November

I wonder:

Will the Pope be received by the Head of State of Thailand during the Pope's visit to Thailand?

That would be an interesting photo.

No doubt if it is true he will be having talks with the Supreme Patriarch discussing how the Catholic church and the Thai Buddhist community can con countless more billions from gullible souls.  Then accompanied by the numerous Catholic shirt lifters in his entourage there will be a tour of Boyztown followed by an inspection of Soi 6 bars searching for underage girls on the advice no doubt of a local Monk , an expert into that sort of thing.

He may have been planning on meeting the PM  but suspect that this will not happen due to him always wearing a white dress with that stupid hat so hence Prayut would be frightened of him only being a ghost. ????

For all for those who are ignorant, (I am not a Thai) but look on Google for catholic Schools in Thailand!!!! And FYI the elite ( 1%) send their children to these schools!!!! duh masterbrains!!!! They may not be Catholic but they --- the people who matter like the 1% know who is and what is what!!!! didn't the smart US Deputy Secretary of State say that Thailand is now democracy!!??!!??!!!???!!!!?????? It's all a game like the they say in Spanish --- "Calma"

55 minutes ago, geoffbezoz said:

No doubt if it is true he will be having talks with the Supreme Patriarch discussing how the Catholic church and the Thai Buddhist community can con countless more billions from gullible souls.  Then accompanied by the numerous Catholic shirt lifters in his entourage there will be a tour of Boyztown followed by an inspection of Soi 6 bars searching for underage girls on the advice no doubt of a local Monk , an expert into that sort of thing.

He may have been planning on meeting the PM  but suspect that this will not happen due to him always wearing a white dress with that stupid hat so hence Prayut would be frightened of him only being a ghost. ????

From what I've heard about Soi 6 the smoking handbag will be essential.

1 hour ago, geoffbezoz said:

They're not that interested in underage girls, but the little boys on Beach Road better beware.

7 hours ago, pegman said:

Catholics have a presence in Thailand? Who knew? 

There are over 30 catholic owned Schools in and around Bangkok, they don't promote it but you will see statues of Jesus and his mum here and there.

21 minutes ago, intherealworld said:

Think you are required to have a minimum of three choir boys under your belt these days,

So who knows. 

Is that a figure of speech, or a physical requirement?

Think you are required to have a minimum of three choir boys under your belt these days,

So who knows. 

7 minutes ago, simon43 said:

Is that a figure of speech, or a physical requirement?

You could interpret it either way,  but it could be a clue as to why

some of the clergy wear big dresses. :giggle:

1 minute ago, intherealworld said:

You could interpret it either way,  but it could be a clue as to why

some of the clergy wear big dresses. :giggle:

I've always found it funny that a bunch of old men in dresses are exhorting the masses to make as many babies as possible.

7 hours ago, Dexlowe said:

Hope he doesn't run into a grumpy immigration oficial having a bad hair day. 

He has diplomatic privileges (and immunity). Still, I do hope that someone on his behalf completes the all important TM-30. Otherwise how will the ever stupid BIB locate the Pope?

7 hours ago, RotBenz8888 said:

Oh, no, the popemobile will be all smashed up. Sucked onto a powerpole.... unless the pope himself has some power to counter that evil force?

A popetuktuk, that is...

6 hours ago, kwan said:

Is he Catholic ?

No, as any QI aficiando knows. Francis has many official titles (Bishop of Rome, Servant of the servants of God etc.) but "Pope" is not one of them. That title is reserved for the leader of the Coptic Orthodox Church of Alexandria, currently Pope Tawadros II. So the answer to the perennial question "Is the Pope a Catholic?" is a resounding "No".

As for whether polar bears shit in the woods, that is a different question entirely.

Archived