Booming regional meth industry – Thailand, Myanmar, China and Laos

webfact

2 hours ago, FarFlungFalang said:

Excellent and dare I say intelligent post but I think you overstepped the mark calling me smart but that is for others to judge I would put myself somewhere above not so bright and and below not particularly clever. 

Meth is one of the few drugs I have not tried and from what I've heard it's a bit like alcohol in the it seems to amplify ones emotions which makes it unpleasant if the emotions being amplified are anger and aggression.So I'm totally in favour of any method that works in reducing the negative effects of people using it.

Cheers! And thanks for the enjoyable debate and if I was scoring I would call it a draw but if you want claim a victory I'd be happy with that also. 

Happy with a draw.

Well played Sir.

14 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

Just in case somebody is interested, here's a speech by The Executive Director of UNODC, Antonio Maria Costa on the matter:

https://www.unodc.org/unodc/en/frontpage/free-drugs-or-drugs-free.html

UNODC is fairly on the ball with the issue. Governments aren't.

The thing missing in this article is the fact that most of the drugs used by people today are are legalised already the speech seems to ignore all the big Phama drugs that also cause major health issues around the world and make profits so enormous as to make the money made by the three illegal drugs he mentions seem small and insignificant.In fact there are legal poppy plantations grown by the Australian government used to make opiate based legal drugs,so how does that work,it's illegal to grow opium poppies but the government grows it?Why?Because it's the most powerful natural pain killer known.I've seen these plantations and in fact swiped a few poppies from them.So where does that put the war on drugs?It puts it up shit creek without a paddle that's where!  

This speech is just another feeble attempt by big Phama to keep the focus on "THE DRUG PROBLEM".It's their attempt of look over there at what those criminals are doing you better go and do something like try and stop them just don't start looking at what we are doing!

It's quite pathetic really and the United Nations is just one of their tools along with the education system of the western nations,learn to be a doctor or lawyer and come and work for us we will look after you!    

23 hours ago, DLock said:

Irony.

You want to "legalize" meth? You do understand the effects that meth has on people right?

Perhaps you meant decriminalize, but anyone that would want meth "legal" is not very bright.

When they legalized weed on Canada it did not change a thing.Everybody that wanted a bag of weed already had one. Same for yaba here.

I still don't get how they transport the necessary volume of precursors, assuming the estimated market size is accurate, into the remote areas for production?

I mean, they must be running railcars into these labs?

Archived