Mueller report shows evidence Trump committed crimes, House Judiciary chairman says

webfact

28 minutes ago, TPI said:

Depends on the definition of "obstruction" ? If you say "someone should stop the investigation" but nobody does then how can that be described as obstruction? Or is it in your mind that the thought or the spoken word is the same as the deed? Very dangerous ground there! Imagine how many times you could have been charged with attempted murder in Thai traffic? Just a thought?

Look it up!

There is no such thing as attempted obstruction.

If someone tries to obstruct justice it does not matter if he does this successfully or not. The fact that he tried to obstruct justice is by official definition obstruction of justice.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Thainesss said:

Nadler. Schiff. 

Political broken records doing nothing but playing politics trying to keep this whole sham alive and in the news for political purposes. 

It's the old "keep throwing shit long and hard enough and some is bound to stick syndrome".

But many are either to duped by the Democrats or not capable of seeing this for what it is. Wishful thinking and a readiness to seize anything they can twist and magnify to try and oust Trump. He might be a looney but he sure as hell as them worried!

1 hour ago, elmrfudd said:

No you don't see 10 counts, but you wish there were.

that is a distinct difference.

We don't see 10 counts of obstruction of justice?

You obviously haven't read the Mueller report. It lists 10 separate and discrete instances of potential obstruction of justice. Here they are (full details of each are given in the report).

1. Trump asking James Comey to let Michael Flynn go
    2. Trump’s reaction to the Russia investigation
    3. The firing of James Comey
    4. Mueller’s appointment and efforts to oust him
    5. Efforts to curtail the Russia investigation
    6. Attempts to stop the public from seeing the evidence
    7. Trump trying to get Jeff Sessions to take back control of the investigation
    8. Trump telling Don McGahn to deny that the president had wanted the special counsel removed
    9. Trump’s team asking Flynn for a “heads up” on information and commending Paul Manafort for not “flipping”
    10. The president’s conduct involving Michael Cohen

The report also makes it clear that the only reason Mueller could not make a determination on whether to indict Trump for these 10 counts was because Department of Justice policies did not allow him to do so.

Mueller clearly says they could not clear the president of committing a crime. As he put it:

If we had confidence that the president did not commit a crime, we would have said so.

11 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

Let's imagine for a moment there would be clear evidence that Trump raped someone while he was in office, maybe a black maid.

I never heard of such a claim so this it only theoretical.

What would happen?

Would his supporters care?

Would many politicians of the republican party care? Would they impeach him?

It seems for American politicians, like many other politicians around the world, their job is about having power and making money and making sure the others don't take over.

Honesty? Justice? Working for the people? Those seem to be old fashion concepts they don't care about.

Trump should have resigned in shame long time ago. Before he was elected he should have told the crowd: You know, this was a joke, I didn't want to get elected. Are you all nuts and take me serious?

Now the party whose majority of members opposed him when he started his campaign works only for him. Disgusting!

Here's a tissue. Maybe You should go home

Few politicians in the history of America, have been as guilty as Donald J. Trump. It is not whether or not he is guilty. It is just a question of how guilty he is, how many offenses he is guilty of, and whether or not they rise to the level where they can be proven in a court of law, what kind of evidence can be amassed, and can he be sentenced for them. I believe he can. And I believe he will be sentenced, and will spend time in prison. He greatly deserves that fate, and has worked his entire career earning that result. Let us hope and pray. The vast majority of the planet would be very pleased with that finish, to a life of crime. 

Good grief get over it! This horse must have the nine lives of a cat as many times as you liberals, democrats, news people, etc have beat it to death. Move on with your lives and get back to work we have wasted enough resources already.

Few politicians in the history of America, have been as guilty as Donald J. Trump. It is not whether or not he is guilty. It is just a question of how guilty he is, how many offenses he is guilty of, and whether or not they rise to the level where they can be proven in a court of law, what kind of evidence can be amassed, and can he be sentenced for them. I believe he can. And I believe he will be sentenced, and will spend time in prison. He greatly deserves that fate, and has worked his entire career earning that result. Let us hope and pray. The vast majority of the planet would be very pleased with that finish, to a life of crime. 
Not as long as he is president. Thus the extremely toxic measures he's willing to take to try to get reelected.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Good grief get over it! This horse must have the nine lives of a cat as many times as you liberals, democrats, news people, etc have beat it to death. Move on with your lives and get back to work we have wasted enough resources already.

It's the constitutional duty of congress to perform oversight of the president. I hope they NEVER get over that.

Also compared to the Benghazi Scmengazi nothing burger this is a mere blip.

Sent from my Lenovo A7020a48 using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

I am looking forward to Mueller testifying.   Soon after the report was released, I bought a copy of it.   I've read a substantial part, but I must admit much of it is about as interesting as watching paint dry.   Those portions are punctuated by portions that are jolting.    

From what I've read, it sure seems like a lot of criminal activity was going on by the President and those around him.   I am not a lawyer or a member of Congress, though, so I'll watch Mueller with interest.   

11 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

It's the old "keep throwing shit long and hard enough and some is bound to stick syndrome".

But many are either to duped by the Democrats or not capable of seeing this for what it is. Wishful thinking and a readiness to seize anything they can twist and magnify to try and oust Trump. He might be a looney but he sure as hell as them worried!

I'm not worried about Trump. I'm worried about the fact that the more hateful and unhinged he gets the more his popularity goes up. I'm worried about the psyche of the American people.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

I'm not worried about Trump. I'm worried about the fact that the more hateful and unhinged he gets the more his popularity goes up. I'm worried about the psyche of the American people.

It’s not the psyche of the American people, it’s the psyche of Trump supporters, a subject already getting the attention of psychologists and sociologists:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2018/11/29/how-donald-trump-appeals-to-men-secretly-insecure-about-their-manhood/?utm_term=.abeb08ff527e

8 hours ago, Credo said:

I am looking forward to Mueller testifying.   Soon after the report was released, I bought a copy of it.   I've read a substantial part, but I must admit much of it is about as interesting as watching paint dry.   Those portions are punctuated by portions that are jolting.    

From what I've read, it sure seems like a lot of criminal activity was going on by the President and those around him.   I am not a lawyer or a member of Congress, though, so I'll watch Mueller with interest.   

As will millions of Americans.

2 hours ago, lannarebirth said:

Kind of an annoying take right here. It completely absolves everything thats happened politically prior to trump, and completely ignores the viciousness of the Dems since the presidential election. You gotta remember that Trumps entire existence can almost entirely be blamed on Democrat politicians themselves and completely abandoning their position as the 'Party of the Working Man'. 

4 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Kind of an annoying take right here. It completely absolves everything thats happened politically prior to trump, and completely ignores the viciousness of the Dems since the presidential election. You gotta remember that Trumps entire existence can almost entirely be blamed on Democrat politicians themselves and completely abandoning their position as the 'Party of the Working Man'. 

I couldn't agree with you more, but why would anyone double down on a multiply credibly accused rapist, racist, hate monger, who is starting fires everywhere the US may not have the capability of putting out? If you despise the Democrats so much, why has there not been one post in support of the other Republican candidate?

3 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

I couldn't agree with you more, but why would anyone double down on a multiply credibly accused rapist, racist, hate monger, who is starting fires everywhere the US may not have the capability of putting out? If you despise the Democrats so much, why has there not been one post in support of the other Republican candidate?

Because on its face I do not believe Trump is a "rapist, racist, hate monger" I believe thats the image that hes been branded with by the left. A more accurate description of Trump would be that hes an assh*le and a prick and a womanizer, sure, but he isnt a nazi, and the lefts semi-successful media campaign to label him as such is a very large part of the division problem right now. 

And there isn't a republican candidate out there that can beat the Dems and has the support of the big money in politics. I would vote for satan himself before allowing the left to destroy the country, its constitution, and its sovereignty anymore than they already have, and openly plan to do if given the power to do so. 

12 minutes ago, lannarebirth said:

"credibly accused rapist" ????

"starting fires everywhere"?????

please explain these generalized claims, if you can

3 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

And there isn't a republican candidate out there that can beat the Dems and has the support of the big money in politics. I would vote for satan himself before allowing the left to destroy the country, its constitution, and its sovereignty anymore than they already have, and openly plan to do if given the power to do so. 

Well, you know what Bob said:

"In the home of the brave, Jefferson turnin' over in his grave
Fools glorifying themselves, trying to manipulate Satan
And there's a slow, slow train comin' up around the bend"

10 minutes ago, elmrfudd said:

well, your opinion should be enough to impeach, in your opinion.

but keep up the selective outrage!

There's plenty to justify impeachment, in the Mueller report and elsewhere, It is not lack of grounds for impeachment, but getting impeachment past a Republican controlled Senate - Impeachment is a political process. 

Republicans in the Senate will not back impeachment unless Public opinion is such that they see they have no alternative to do so. 

Hence the importance of Mueller's live testimony, hence Illiberals frothing at the mouth over the prospect of Mueller's testimony.

I have no objection at all to Illiberals tethering themselves to Trump,  why would I? The Mueller report, damning as it is, is only part of the story, there are far more vile accusations against Trump and they are heading into court testimony for all the see. 

Tether yourself to the man, declare you'd back him come what may. 

9 hours ago, Credo said:

jolting? such as......???

criminal activity?????.......such as what precisely?

3 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

Hence the importance of Mueller's live testimony, hence Illiberals frothing at the mouth over the prospect of Mueller's testimony.

I think you'll find that 'illiberals' dont really care that Mueller is testifying, and that its going to be a massive flop. Mueller already said that hes not going to talk about anything other than whats in the report, and that he has no desire to be political, and the DOJ has instructed him to do the same. 

I think its more likely we will see the left eat ANOTHER one of their 'hero's' in their quest to 'get trump' and its gonna make them look nothing but bad. 

4 minutes ago, Chomper Higgot said:

There's plenty to justify impeachment, in the Mueller report and elsewhere, It is not lack of grounds for impeachment, but getting impeachment past a Republican controlled Senate - Impeachment is a political process. 

Republicans in the Senate will not back impeachment unless Public opinion is such that they see they have no alternative to do so. 

I have no objection at all to Illiberals tethering themselves to Trump,  why would I? The Mueller report, damning as it is, is only part of the story, there are far more vile accusations against Trump and they are heading into court testimony for all the see. 

Tether yourself to the man, declare you'd back him come what may. 

There is nothing impeachable in the report. there will never be any impeachment, but I do hope they try.

"there are far more vile accusations against Trump"

what are these vile things you refer to, details please.

Archived