TM30 Phuket

Badrabbit

The last time I did this I gave them the power of attorney form(I rent) plus the other required documents, next time I do it do I just go to the drive through with my passport and address slip of paper, I know this has been discussed a lot so hoping for a quick answer, been reading about Chiang Mai and there problems hoping that is not the case in Phuket.

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You mentioned this TM30 has been discussed a lot.  You should know Thai immigration policies have been applied differently in different provinces and even within the same office.  You live in Phuket and why should you worry about what is going on in CM?

I asked a question which you haven't or can't answer, thanks.

You mentioned this TM30 has been discussed a lot.  You should know Thai immigration policies have been applied differently in different provinces and even within the same office.  You live in Phuket and why should you worry about what is going on in CM?

Are you crazy how on earth is it a trolling question? these forums are there to help one another guess you are not interested just interested in trying to promote an argument!

You know jolly well that no one can give you a definite answer to your trolling question.  Now I know why no one else has responded.

4 hours ago, Kopitiam said:

Why should you butt in on the Phuket Forum, OP mentioned CM by way of explanation, do you know anything about Phuket requirements,if not ,why respond?

I did it at the drive thru last Thursday- just handed over passport with the old address form in it- a minute later back it came with the new one. No need for additional paperwork.

Very straight forward (as was my retirement permit renewal the next day but I digress).

Thanks that is all I wanted confirmation that you don't need the power of attorney form etc, my extension is up for renewal soon.

I did it at the drive thru last Thursday- just handed over passport with the old address form in it- a minute later back it came with the new one. No need for additional paperwork.

Very straight forward (as was my retirement permit renewal the next day but I digress).

Just now, Badrabbit said:

Thanks that is all I wanted confirmation that you don't need the power of attorney form etc, my extension is up for renewal soon.

Normally I do it online and take a print screen image for the retirement permit. I had just driven back onto the island and thought I would make things easier the next day. Retirement permit renewal was a doddle despite being held up for 10 minutes by a Chinese woman who would not take "NO' for an answer but I digress!

16 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

LOL: i was also held up 2 months ago by a Chinese lady with her kid, 20 minutes talking and saying she didn't need this an that> Finally he got upset and just told her to leave>>

I thought agent assistance with such matters would have been pre booked and paid for as part of the package!????????

As long you did not change your address and just want to reconfirm your address with the old address registration slip in your passport you can use the drive through without any problem.

But you will need to have the old registration slip in your passport.

Only passport with registration slip is required.

Yes that's it, thanks.

As long you did not change your address and just want to reconfirm your address with the old address registration slip in your passport you can use the drive through without any problem.
But you will need to have the old registration slip in your passport.
Only passport with registration slip is required.

2 minutes ago, Rawairat said:

If I understand this thread it sounds a lot better that what I have been told. Were these registrations after traveling overseas or  in Thailand?

I used the drive-thru after returning from overseas. Told them at the window that address was the same, but, the TM6 number had changed.

As far as I'm aware it's only if you come back from another country as your TM6 will be different, I have also read you have to do if you stay elsewhere within Thailand, someone in the know I'm sure will confirm which or both.

If I understand this thread it sounds a lot better that what I have been told. Were these registrations after traveling overseas or  in Thailand?

1 hour ago, Rawairat said:

Mine was after nearly 5 weeks away within Thailand. Never knew which if any hotel or guesthouse may have registered me so better safe than sorry- it only took about a minute so no inconvenience other than the (perceived by some) inconvenience of going home via Imm.

For those who counter with 'just use your driving licence' when you check in and nothing will happen (which I did) its BS. I was queried by Imm in Pattaya at one point when I was checked in a place up there as they spotted an anomaly. There is far closer scrutiny taking place these days.

Safer to report in both instances which is not a problem.

Mine was after nearly 5 weeks away within Thailand. Never knew which if any hotel or guesthouse may have registered me so better safe than sorry- it only took about a minute so no inconvenience other than the (perceived by some) inconvenience of going home via Imm.

For those who counter with 'just use your driving licence' when you check in and nothing will happen (which I did) its BS. I was queried by Imm in Pattaya at one point when I was checked in a place up there as they spotted an anomaly. There is far closer scrutiny taking place these days.

12 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

As far as I'm aware it's only if you come back from another country as your TM6 will be different, I have also read you have to do if you stay elsewhere within Thailand, someone in the know I'm sure will confirm which or both.

Officially you should do the address registration every time after returning back into Thailand or when you stayed at another location within Thailand.

Foe both situations you can use the drive through as long your permanent address has not changed and you have the old address registration slip in your passport.

4 hours ago, phuketrichard said:

yep, those volunteers are tough  ????

Those volunteers are not tough, they are doing a very good job.  If they allow people who does not have the necessary documentation through, it will waste everybody's time.  Yes, they have to be tough to do a good job.

19 hours ago, merijn said:

Foe both situations you can use the drive through as long your permanent address has not changed and you have the old address registration slip in your passport.

Make sure you check what they write on the slip when receiving it back which I learned the hard way. Came in for retirement extension and was told my address was registered in another district of Phuket than where I have lived the last 20 + years. Btw, a district of Phuket I hardly have passed by. 

The slip of paper has your address on it, what do you mean registered in another district? what should they write on it?

Make sure you check what they write on the slip when receiving it back which I learned the hard way. Came in for retirement extension and was told my address was registered in another district of Phuket than where I have lived the last 20 + years. Btw, a district of Phuket I hardly have passed by. 

7 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

Do you mean they entered an incorrect address which you did not check?

Yes when I last was there 31. May. Now, I had read one place here on TV that if you had not changed address but come from abroad it was possible to use the drive trough also for address notification. (Can be I misunderstand!!) However and as said went to Immigration with all necessary documentation and asked in the drive trough window, answer was yes so I gave all the documents and 5 minute later got back a new notification slip(everything in Thai except the date 31) and also updated 90 day report.

When I a few days ago now in July did my retirement extension everything went well until the assistant suddenly say that my address now was different from when updated in May. I have never changed any address in Phuket and its the same landlord I have had 20 years plus. So in the end I got 2-3 hours extra time that day at Immigration, and to hank in the landlord and get all the necessary documents before I finally got my new address notification and then extension done.

Now in an afterthought I wonder if it was just some #?¤%& because the wrong address number and a few letters in Thai did not stay on the main notification form/slip but under the field where details is to be filled in.Top that up with the new notification I got where noting is noted at all and when questioning the IO about that the answer was not need because I was registered in the computer system.????

I'm a bit confused, when you update your address(same address but have stayed out of country) all you need is passport and address notification slip? you say all documentation do you mean passport and slip or something else?

Yes when I last was there 31. May. Now, I had read one place here on TV that if you had not changed address but come from abroad it was possible to use the drive trough also for address notification. (Can be I misunderstand!!) However and as said went to Immigration with all necessary documentation and asked in the drive trough window, answer was yes so I gave all the documents and 5 minute later got back a new notification slip(everything in Thai except the date 31) and also updated 90 day report.
When I a few days ago now in July did my retirement extension everything went well until the assistant suddenly say that my address now was different from when updated in May. I have never changed any address in Phuket and its the same landlord I have had 20 years plus. So in the end I got 2-3 hours extra time that day at Immigration, and to hank in the landlord and get all the necessary documents before I finally got my new address notification and then extension done.
Now in an afterthought I wonder if it was just some #?¤%& because the wrong address number and a few letters in Thai did not stay on the main notification form/slip but under the field where details is to be filled in.Top that up with the new notification I got where noting is noted at all and when questioning the IO about that the answer was not need because I was registered in the computer system.[emoji849]

Archived