TM30 Phuket

Badrabbit

1 hour ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm a bit confused, when you update your address(same address but have stayed out of country) all you need is passport and address notification slip? you say all documentation do you mean passport and slip or something else?

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

He was there for his extension when mistake was noticed  see paragraph 2...

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

I'm a bit confused, when you update your address(same address but have stayed out of country) all you need is passport and address notification slip? you say all documentation do you mean passport and slip or something else?

Notification of address written by landlord, power of attorney,copy rental contract, Tabian baan landlord, Id card landlord with a fresh signature + my copy of data page passport and departure card.....I think that was it....????

I have no "hard feelings" about this mistake but recommend to do a double check. Last year after a 2-3 weeks stay in another province also re- registered my address here and halfway out of their office  found I had got a new name and another Nationality when pointed to the mistake the IO got embarrassed and started to check if I was on overstay. Never had a half hour overstay here. But as the saying goes; Humans are suspicious and jealous creatures. When they see something flawless they want to find a flaw.

Now I'm really confused I've been told on here that you only need your passport and old address slip to re-register same address, wish people would make up there minds!!

Notification of address written by landlord, power of attorney,copy rental contract, Tabian baan landlord, Id card landlord with a fresh signature + my copy of data page passport and departure card.....I think that was it....[emoji848]

So best I take everything, can't believe you need the power of attorney form etc everytime you need to re-register the same address!

According to the link you only need do it if returning from outside Thailand.

Depends on the day[emoji846]  but here are the "maybe" rules http://piv-phuket.com/others/address-registration/

7 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

So best I take everything, can't believe you need the power of attorney form etc everytime you need to re-register the same address!

According to the link you only need do it if returning from outside Thailand.

If you have the previous slip in your passport and your address hasn't changed, you don't need any other paperwork for the drive-thru.

I did my TM30 this week as I needed a letter to renew my driving licenses. The IO told me that I needed to resubmit all the paperwork again each time I returned back to my home address (which has not changed in 18 years).

The slip that they inserted into my passport does not have any address details on it - see below:

tm30.thumb.jpg.f238bd8f8f398a55810551f724615216.jpg

So is it possible to do my next TM30 as a drive through by simply presenting my passport with this slip?

I did my TM30 this week as I needed a letter to renew my driving licenses. The IO told me that I needed to resubmit all the paperwork again each time I returned back to my home address (which has not changed in 18 years).

The slip that they inserted into my passport does not have any address details on it - see below:

So is it possible to do my next TM30 as a drive through by simply presenting my passport with this slip?

Don't know about you but I'm 100% confused as what to do, one person says one thing then another person says something else, just best to take everything.

Sent from my SM-P585Y using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

24 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

This is similar to the one I got when I finally got my address (hopefully corrected) updated.

29 minutes ago, Phuketshrew said:

Yes, as long as there is an address on the slip and it is your present address.

Why they gave you that stamped and signed slip when there isn't even an address on it is anyone's guess.

Seeing this latest now with already two people included myself with only a slip stamped and a number written down left I ???? this is connected to the latest report from the Thai Immigration boss and maybe the local offices have got their data system upgraded and allowed to use only a number!!

But do you trust them to have entered the correct address(not much you can do about but hope) my TM30 has name and address in fact it is fully filled out.

Seeing this latest now with already two people included myself with only a slip stamped and a number written down left I [emoji848] this is connected to the latest report from the Thai Immigration boss and maybe the local offices have got their data system upgraded and allowed to use only a number!!
[/url]  

This uncertainty and inconsistency is why I gave up dealing with Phuket immigration office 10 years ago and now always renew my one year multi-entry visa overseas (UK, Savannakhet, HCMC). When trying to do visas in Phuket the goalposts were constantly moved (I think in the hope that I would eventually grease someone's palm to get things expedited).

Corruption is still rife. When requesting a letter for my driving license renewal the female IO asked for 600 baht. On pointing out to her that there should be no charge for this she asked me how knew that. Because I had the same nonsense 5 years ago. Eventually, I got the letter with no charge but only after I was made to wait until after she had gone to lunch!

It seems that we are made to jump through ever increasing and smaller hoops to remain legal (which i have always tried to do in my 29 years here) yet the very people that are making us do this feel they can extort us at will. Not sure how much more of this nonsense i am prepared to tolerate.

All I would like is 100% knowing what's what not this constant uncertainty, COR should be free but it's not unless you are brave enough to make a stand(I'm not prepared to risk a problem) just make everything standardized so everyone knows what to bring and do.

This uncertainty and inconsistency is why I gave up dealing with Phuket immigration office 10 years ago and now always renew my one year multi-entry visa overseas (UK, Savannakhet, HCMC). When trying to do visas in Phuket the goalposts were constantly moved (I think in the hope that I would eventually grease someone's palm to get things expedited).

Corruption is still rife. When requesting a letter for my driving license renewal the female IO asked for 600 baht. On pointing out to her that there should be no charge for this she asked me how knew that. Because I had the same nonsense 5 years ago. Eventually, I got the letter with no charge but only after I was made to wait until after she had gone to lunch!

It seems that we are made to jump through ever increasing and smaller hoops to remain legal (which i have always tried to do in my 29 years here) yet the very people that are making us do this feel they can extort us at will. Not sure how much more of this nonsense i am prepared to tolerate.

1 hour ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Yes, as long as there is an address on the slip and it is your present address.

Why they gave you that stamped and signed slip when there isn't even an address on it is anyone's guess.

lol:
This is my tm 30 issued in Feb and i did my yearly extension in June
he told me when issued that didn't need any info,  just the # was all they needed.

TM 30 SCAN.jpeg

Phuket immigration is far better than it used to be. Drive thru introduced. Room 101 dedicated to extensions.

As far as I can see, nothing has changed except they are enforcing TM30 and a hand-drawn map is needed for the extension.

Doing the extension (five times now) has always been a breeze. Seems many people either don't understand what is needed, or, they make their own problems.

How could anyone walk out of immigration after registering their address and not notice that the address lines were all blank on the slip stapled into the passport? The very minimum would be to ask why?

1 minute ago, Joe Mcseismic said:

Phuket immigration is far better than it used to be. Drive thru introduced. Room 101 dedicated to extensions.

As far as I can see, nothing has changed except they are enforcing TM30 and a hand-drawn map is needed for the extension. 

Doing the extension (five times now) has always been a breeze. Seems many people either don't understand what is needed, or, they make their own problems.

How could anyone walk out of immigration after registering their address and not notice that the address lines were all blank on the slip stapled into the passport? Don't you check?

i did my extension last month, no map needed, (nor ever) just photo outside

Did u read the above reports about no address needed on the tm30

I think the last few replies in this thread have highlighted the main problem. Inconsistency. What may be applied to you by one IO may not be applied to the next person.

When I did my TM30 I was told by the IO that I would need to submit the same paperwork each time I return home (Completed TM30 form, copy of house rental agreement, power of attorney form, copies of passport ID and visa pages). So why did he not tell me just to rock up at the drive-through with my passport and the attached TM30 slip?

This doesn't just apply to TM30's. Had I not been aware that there was supposed to be no charge for the proof of residence letter then it would have cost me 600 baht.

They asked you for 600bht for COR wow, last time it was 200bht inflation has gone through the roof!!

I think the last few replies in this thread have highlighted the main problem. Inconsistency. What may be applied to you by one IO may not be applied to the next person.

When I did my TM30 I was told by the IO that I would need to submit the same paperwork each time I return home (Completed TM30 form, copy of house rental agreement, power of attorney form, copies of passport ID and visa pages). So why did he not tell me just to rock up at the drive-through with my passport and the attached TM30 slip?

This doesn't just apply to TM30's. Had I not been aware that there was supposed to be no charge for the proof of residence letter then it would have cost me 600 baht.

Did you pay it?

Actually, it was 300 baht per letter. But the female IO told me another lie - that I would need two, one for car and one for motorcycle, making it 600 baht, which is what she asked for.

Driving license office quite happy to accept one original and one copy.

When I did my car and bike licence they insisted on 2 originals, what a crazy place!

Did you pay it?
Actually, it was 300 baht per letter. But the female IO told me another lie - that I would need two, one for car and one for motorcycle, making it 600 baht, which is what she asked for.

Yes sorry it was 300 but for 2 they discounted to 500bht.

Did you pay it?

forums are designed to help people, I'll post as much as I like unless there is a rule saying I can't!!

Are you for real mate???

It wouldn't be a "chat". It would be informing yourself. Maybe if you did more of that at the immigration office, you wouldn't have to post so often here.

Archived