TM30 Phuket

Badrabbit

6 minutes ago, Badrabbit said:

Come across as a helpful person but just like others you are just nasty, what's the problem??

Sent from my SM-G610F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Not nasty, I just have the common sense to ask the people that definitely know why something is why it is when I see something questionable.

Must be true that common sense isn't so common.

If you think asking strangers on an anonymous internet forum a question where you get conflicting answers, rather than ask an immigration officer whilst you are at immigration, then you go for it.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Have a great day mate, keep on helping others or in your case question others as to why they are asking questions.

Not nasty, I just have the common sense to ask the people that definitely know why something is why it is when I see something questionable.
Must be true that common sense isn't so common.
If you think asking strangers on an anonymous internet forum a question where you get conflicting answers, rather than ask an immigration officer whilst you are at immigration, then you go for it.

3 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

Did you pay it?

Actually, it was 300 baht per letter. But the female IO told me another lie - that I would need two, one for car and one for motorcycle, making it 600 baht, which is what she asked for.

Driving license office quite happy to accept one original and one copy.

1 for car, 1 for bike an its always been that way...
I've never paid for this letter an have held a thai license since 1989 and brought numerous cars an bikes.

5 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I've never paid for this letter an have held a thai license since 1989 and brought numerous cars an bikes.

Well I can't speak for anyone else but I renewed both car and bike licenses yesterday using one original letter from immigration and one copy of that letter. I posted a post about the whole process on the Phuket forum if you want to compare experiences.

36 minutes ago, phuketrichard said:

I went to the land transport web-site first and it stated that I would need a certificate of residency from immigration and one copy of that certificate.

When I submitted my paperwork on arrival at the transport office, they handed me the copy back and said that they only needed the original as I wanted a motorcycle license only. The copy is if you want car and motorbike licenses, so, Phuketshrew is correct.

5 hours ago, Badrabbit said:

But do you trust them to have entered the correct address(not much you can do about but hope) my TM30 has name and address in fact it is fully filled out.

No so I will in a few days go there and apply for a residence certificate and then I will find out where I live on the island????

Sorry have to ask a question, Just been on the land transport website, where does it mention COR when all I can find is this?
Could have gone to the office but they are closed.

I went to the land transport web-site first and it stated that I would need a certificate of residency from immigration and one copy of that certificate.
When I submitted my paperwork on arrival at the transport office, they handed me the copy back and said that they only needed the original as I wanted a motorcycle license only. The copy is if you want car and motorbike licenses, so, Phuketshrew is correct.
Screenshot_20190726-163518_Chrome.jpeg

15 hours ago, Phuketshrew said:

This uncertainty and inconsistency is why I gave up dealing with Phuket immigration office 10 years ago and now always renew my one year multi-entry visa overseas (UK, Savannakhet, HCMC). When trying to do visas in Phuket the goalposts were constantly moved (I think in the hope that I would eventually grease someone's palm to get things expedited).

Corruption is still rife. When requesting a letter for my driving license renewal the female IO asked for 600 baht. On pointing out to her that there should be no charge for this she asked me how knew that. Because I had the same nonsense 5 years ago. Eventually, I got the letter with no charge but only after I was made to wait until after she had gone to lunch!

It seems that we are made to jump through ever increasing and smaller hoops to remain legal (which i have always tried to do in my 29 years here) yet the very people that are making us do this feel they can extort us at will. Not sure how much more of this nonsense i am prepared to tolerate.

Dunno what you're going on about, maybe its the type of person you are? People like to take advantage of people that arent regular or nice.

I've been using phuket immi for 10 years, no issues. My wife deals with them and i deal with immigration back home.

On 7/26/2019 at 7:56 AM, Phuketshrew said:

I did my TM30 this week as I needed a letter to renew my driving licenses. The IO told me that I needed to resubmit all the paperwork again each time I returned back to my home address (which has not changed in 18 years).

The slip that they inserted into my passport does not have any address details on it - see below:

tm30.thumb.jpg.f238bd8f8f398a55810551f724615216.jpg

So is it possible to do my next TM30 as a drive through by simply presenting my passport with this slip?

Probably: inside at the IO office all paperwork required. Outside at Drive Thru: passport + old tm30 only.

Just did mine, had to wait 1 minute, no paperwork required.

Archived