Tame bird has the spirit of our dead child, says Nakorn Nayok couple

webfact

Tame bird has the spirit of our dead child, says Nakorn Nayok couple

4pm_VID.jpg
Thai caption: Nok Kwak - the tame White Breasted Waterhen

Sanook featured the story of a couple in Nakorn Nayok who have an unusual new member of the family. 

It is a bird they have called "Ja Jaa" who has come to stay. 

Ja Jaa is a White Breasted Waterhen or Nok Kwak in Thai. The creature is not caged and comes and goes.

Aree, 63, said that this has been happening for six months. Ja Jaa always showers with other members of the family in a special bath constructed for her. 

A nest has been made on her husband's work bench where she sleeps. She eats the food prepared for her.

Sometimes she goes off with the flock but always comes back when she is called. 

And she never poohs in the house. 

Aree and her husband believe this can mean only one thing - Ja Jaa has the spirit of a child of their's who died many years ago. 

Why else would she be so tame?

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg
-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-22

5 hours ago, DLock said:

If I helps them get over the death of their child...then whatever works...

Indeed.

Such beliefs have had a wide provenance anongst Homo Sapiens presumably from the start..and go hand in hand with Animism and Shamanism-what is more beautiful then thinking that your child has come back as a bird?

8 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Oh please, just stop all this nonsense now!

In this case I'd let them have some respect to believe in what they wish to.... if it gives them some kind of peace of mind then let it be.

People take comfort where they can find it, drugs, alcohol, sex, what is wrong with an innocent belief that your child is still with you in spirit in the form of a bird? The hard hearted will scorn, those with empathy will understand.

10 hours ago, BigBadGeordie said:

Oh please, just stop all this nonsense now!

Just because YOU don't like or accept it, doesn't mean it is nonsense.

In the christian religion  millions of people believe in a mythical person who is a god, also the son of that god and a ghost as well.

Just because millions of other people disagree doesn't make that nonsense either.

If they believe and are happy to do so, why are you upset about it?

4 hours ago, Odysseus123 said:

Indeed.

Such beliefs have had a wide provenance anongst Homo Sapiens presumably from the start..and go hand in hand with Animism and Shamanism-what is more beautiful then thinking that your child has come back as a bird?

I once rented a room in a house owned by a man with a large, for the UK, pond, with seven very large Koi in it.

(This was after I had started snowbirding in Thailand)

The fish had been a great pleasure for his disabled (and recently deceased) wife.

In all the years the fish had never produced young.

While I was there, to great surprise, a single baby fish appeared.

No prizes for guessing what I told him.

He smiled.

Archived