Fighting for justice: Dutch engineer with cancer interviewed by Thai media

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Matzzon said:

No, that´s not at all what I want. I think it´s really good that he stood up, and was earlier shown in the news for that, when he was offered the compensation. Here he should have accepted that one, and the news were already out. What he is doing now, by refusing the compensation and continuing to complain is only childish behaviour.

What he is doing is sticking to his principles that he was (as proved) ripped off by the hospital.

He is not continuing to complain, he is holding out via a police complaint in the vain hope that someone may be held responsible for the hospital over charging, then just maybe they will do the right thing in the future.

Good luck with the joint struggle..

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

What are you on about. I´ve never even mentioned anything about his cancer. Never said that he shouldn´t be treated like a human beeing and be equally treated. If he want that, then accept the compensation. Never said he can not file a formal complaint either. Of course he should, but that can be done even with accepting the compensation.

These are double standards to take compensation and persue a complaint against the same party, makes no sense.

Maybe you learnt this new formula in TH!

He definately deserves respect and encouragement.

i just cannot beleive he is not english, are they sure he is dutch and just lying 

so he does not become another whinging english person, can not beleive that some one living outside of his own country can expect everything for free, come on 300 bhart a visit, really that is lousey !

Is he still going to the same hospital for treatment,that he is

trying to get recompense for overcharging,i think i would be

wary of getting the best treatment if that is so .

regards worgeordie

2 hours ago, khunJeroen said:

This is so weird. Regardless of his condition why would you even care they charge 300 THB per 3 months visit or even if it was 3000? Maybe if its 30K he may have a point. Guess no insurance either.

So charging someone 6 times the price because of the colour of their skin and where they come from is okay, is it? <sigh>

46 minutes ago, poohy said:

Whist i applaud his stand, hes won hes got his overcharge back!

However i am, personally  not really understanding the continued fight .

Guess i would have taken the money and ran also its highly unlikely they will overcharge him again

Maybe he's doing it because he realises that making it public is actually likely to prevent them, or at least think about preventing them, from ripping someone else off. If he takes the money and that's it, they might get away with it on the next foreigner, and the one after that.

There are such things as principles, you know.

2 hours ago, khunJeroen said:

This is so weird. Regardless of his condition why would you even care they charge 300 THB per 3 months visit or even if it was 3000? Maybe if its 30K he may have a point. Guess no insurance either.

Principle!

The bill actually say foreigner 300 baht, per visit i presume.

300 is a days wage here, please explain why it's ok to add that amount to a bill. Any amount due to nationality actually.

Insurance is not the point, adding a fee based on your nationality is.

17 minutes ago, stropper said:

i just cannot beleive he is not english, are they sure he is dutch and just lying 

so he does not become another whinging english person, can not beleive that some one living outside of his own country can expect everything for free, come on 300 bhart a visit, really that is lousey !

Not a racist by any chance are you?

Anyway, read the post:-

"He says they should charge him 50 baht not 300 for his visits every three months. And they should not have added 15% to his bills. 

The health authorities have already found he was in the right and offered him 12,746 baht back." 

So he is not expecting ANYTHING for free, only not wanting any one to be to be overcharged again, so it is YOUR post that is "lousey"!

5 minutes ago, Jack P said:

Why stay in this exploitative business relationship? Try another hospital.

Go public and either prevent them from ripping the next person off or maybe someone in authority will look at it to prevent them tarnishing Thailand's image. Tourism's already taking a kicking, maybe this will make them look further into the dual pricing and standards. I have my own thoughts on that one, of course, but maybe, eventually, something might get done. As sure as eggs is eggs, if it's all brushed under the carpet then nothing will change.

3 minutes ago, chrissables said:

Principle!

The bill actually say foreigner 300 baht, per visit i presume.

300 is a days wage here, please explain why it's ok to add that amount to a bill. Any amount due to nationality actually.

Insurance is not the point, adding a fee based on your nationality is.

Exactly.

I applaud the man for standing up to the injustice. I realize that I am not in the 'West" now and that things are done differently here but where I come from, if someone were discriminated against financially by a business because they were from a different country or culture, I would be rich after the major law suite I would bring. 

There is nothing wrong and everything right in standing up for principal. 

weird, if just one man tries to set something straight, he is a whiner.

Until it is starting to work, then they think aaah ok good.

If a big group is to set something straight, then they dont consider them whiners? 

Respect nowadays for others is very low and with multimedia everything is made as a joke.

The overcharging is already in investigation in Thailand, so probably this came to attention

and is now a story.

It is at one point, you might think and now i go all in, as you are fed up with the BS.

Many just sit down and do nothing. They whine about the guy, nothing else.

I have respect for this man to bring it out and fight it.

Archived