Border guards waiting for 65 year old pensioner at Nong Khai

webfact

Border guards waiting for 65 year old pensioner at Nong Khai

6pm.jpg

Naew Na reported that a 65 year old man was arrested by immigration officers at the border. 

An informant had told the police that Smith Pothisakha, who lives in Roi-Et was on his way. 

Smith was named in a Nakorn Panom warrant issued on May 13th 2019. He is wanted for fraud under false pretenses. 

Smith - whose nationality was not given in the report - was taken to Nakorn Panom to face the charges. 

Naew Na said that he had been trying to get across the border. 

Source: Naew Na

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-22

48 minutes ago, webfact said:

Smith Pothisakha

Never seen or heard of a name like that before must be surname first ? Was it his wife/girlfriend who told immigration he was coming back wouldn't be the first time .

4 hours ago, webfact said:

Smith was named in a Nakorn Panom warrant issued on May 13th 2019. He is wanted for fraud under false pretenses. 

He was fraudulently fraudulent ? Makes no sense (I know better not say that) .  It is a double negative that cancels itself out.   

4 hours ago, keith101 said:

Never seen or heard of a name like that before must be surname first ?

Pothisaka is found as a Thai family name (found a beautiful holder on the net :biggrin:).

In some countries it's possible to adopt both names after marriage.

But who was the "informant"?

Bet is was a bar-stool compatriot.

2 hours ago, yellowboat said:

He was fraudulently fraudulent ? Makes no sense (I know better not say that) .  It is a double negative that cancels itself out.   

"It is a double negative that cancels itself out."  If you are going to be so pedantic, why say cancels itself out ? Wouldn't just the word cancel suffice ?  It is a double negative that cancels itself. I may stand to be corrected.

1 hour ago, malt25 said:

"It is a double negative that cancels itself out."  If you are going to be so pedantic, why say cancels itself out ? Wouldn't just the word cancel suffice ?  It is a double negative that cancels itself. I may stand to be corrected.

Or stand to be correctly corrected?  Is it that important?

Archived