BANGKOK
webfact

Police extend probe into case of gang using kids to beg

There are so many strange people giving these beggars money and so helping these gangs. Obviously they don't understand that they don't remove a problem but create one. Same with people feeding soi dogs and pigeons. 

• Like 1

Thai culture. Thai bosses controlling it !!!
Last Friday I was with my son of 22 and several friends on Nana's Sukhumvit soi 4. In the 2 hours we were staying there we have seen over 50 small boys begging for money. 

Around midnight my son and a Thai friend talked with a little boy who didn't know his age. We thought he was about 4 years old and begging for money because he didn't eat for 5 days. My son just took him around the corner to treat him for a burger meal at Mc D. Together with the Thai friend we all discovered that he was about 6 years old and already on the BKK streets since he was 0. He didn't have a mom but had some Thai uncles, aunts etc... He was send to the streets to beg for money. If he did not have 1000 THB for the night he would not get any food. Big police was friend from uncle... When we were at McD 2 of his brothers showed up, both hungry as hell. We also treated them. While sitting there, 2 police entered. Boys were very scared, saying boss, boss here. They went straight to our table. My son trying to record this on his phone was hit by the police with a bat. His phone was badly damaged he couldn't use it any more. He's now back in Europe and maybe he has some recordings. Staff of McD and police ordered us to go or we would be arrested for trespassing. We had to go. The kids went with the police... Back to soi 4 !!!

Terrible story! However, as a former Probation Officer, and Safeguarding Officer, whilst I applaud the actions of these guys, be very careful, as they could easily have been arrested as paedophiles, trying to "pick up" kids for their own use. Having worked with sex offenders and paedophiles for many years, this is how they start to befriend their victims. It is far safer to talk to these children "in situ", film them, give them a sandwich etc. and report it to an NGO or child protection services, in order to protect yourself from a misinterpretation of your well meaning acts.

Sent from my iPad using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app
  • Like 2

Why doesn't someone tell the all caring Prime Minister  ??  He will get someone to look into it !!  Probably a bent cop who will report back that he couldn't find any kids on the street !!