Anybody getting 1000Mbps from 3bb?

marcusarelus

3 minutes ago, wgdanson said:

Somebody explain please. I pay 3BB for 200/200.

3BB Speedtest (in Thailand) I get 212/209, Singapore 217/192, UK 13.2/5.3

myspeedmeter as suggested by Marcus, 17/3.1 without VPN, 116/10 with VPN to UK

testmy.net without VPN 26/4, with Singapore VPN 121/20, UK VPN 3.3/0.5.

Express VPN.

Explain what?

The Thailand ISP plan speeds are only maximum amounts allowed for local/domestic connections.

The rated plan speeds have no bearing or relationship to what you do or don't get on international connections outside Thailand.

And as far as I can tell, at least with 3BB, there's no proportional increase in international speeds when you or 3BB up your domestic plan speed and corresponding monthly bill amount.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, I'm jealous. I upgraded from 10/30 to 100/100 with no difference at all. According to 3BB there is nothing wrong with the connection. I have 3 computers but never use them at the same time but all give the same result. A big fat middle finger for 3BB. I wont be wasting my money on 1000/1000

3bb 2019-07-23 215546.png

1 hour ago, TallGuyJohninBKK said:

Explain what?

The Thailand ISP plan speeds are only maximum amounts allowed for local/domestic connections.

The rated plan speeds have no bearing or relationship to what you do or don't get on international connections outside Thailand.

And as far as I can tell, at least with 3BB, there's no proportional increase in international speeds when you or 3BB up your domestic plan speed and corresponding monthly bill amount.

Of course there is a proportional increase in international speeds.  I'm getting between 400 and 800 internationally and did not get that with 500/500.  

42 minutes ago, Frenske said:

Wow, I'm jealous. I upgraded from 10/30 to 100/100 with no difference at all. According to 3BB there is nothing wrong with the connection. I have 3 computers but never use them at the same time but all give the same result. A big fat middle finger for 3BB. I wont be wasting my money on 1000/1000

3bb 2019-07-23 215546.png

I have 1000/100 I have 3 computers on all the time and a tablet and laptop.  

2 hours ago, elcaro said:

Just out of general interest, what do you use a 1Gb connection for? I have recently upgraded to 200/200 and actually getting 360/220 within thailand and except when I download the occasional game through steam I actually use my full bandwidth. 

I watch Netflix 4k without buffering at any time. Just looking for a justification for myself to upgrade to a 1Gb connection tbh

I would but this is Thai Visa.  I've already had 4 know it all's tell me I didn't need the 1000 speed - how they would presume to know is anyone's guess.  What kind of graphics card do you have?

On 7/22/2019 at 4:43 PM, KittenKong said:

Assuming your router and PC card are domestic grade then they probably only support 1Gbps as a theoretical maximum anyway. So you probably wont be getting that much in practice at all.

Who needs it anyway? I certainly don't.

I have 3BB and I am downloading lots of Dutch and Flemish TV series and the speed goes up and down between 20.000 and 50.000 kb/s and I am very happy with this result ...I am sure it also depends on the server where I get my downloads...

1 minute ago, fvw53 said:

I have 3BB and I am downloading lots of Dutch and Flemish TV series and the speed goes up and down between 20.000 and 50.000 kb/s and I am very happy with this result ...I am sure it also depends on the server where I get my downloads...

I'm probably older than you and have less time left on earth so I try and spend as little time waiting as possible.  

10 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Of course there is a proportional increase in international speeds.  I'm getting between 400 and 800 internationally and did not get that with 500/500.  

Internationally to where? And with what ISP and what plan?

And is that on your 5 Ghz mobile internet you were telling us about before?

I SWEAR.....they lower it until you complain.

I have 200Mbps service, rarely it seems slow and I do ADSL Speed Test and get 40-60 Mbps which should be fine to stream Youtube.

Call and complain I pay for 200 and only have 40-60.........usually send tech same day, when he gets to the house I have 220-240 Mbps.

Iam convinced they cut the bandwith because most customers know nothing about speed,so they charge for premium service and give you just enough not to complain.

Called them probably 5 times on this issue.

10 minutes ago, Captain 776 said:

I have 200Mbps service, rarely it seems slow and I do ADSL Speed Test and get 40-60 Mbps which should be fine to stream Youtube.

Call and complain I pay for 200 and only have 40-60.........usually send tech same day, when he gets to the house I have 220-240 Mbps.

I had the same issue with True over wifi because their modem/router was weak over the wifi side - 2.4ghz. 

I bought a Dual Band Asus router and on the 5 ghz band get full speed over wifi. 

On 7/22/2019 at 2:31 PM, KhunBENQ said:

I hate to spoil the mood, but why would a private internet user (assumed) spend money on upgrading from xxx/xxx Mbit/s to 1000/100?

What for? What do you expect to achieve?

1 Gbit/s to the desktop.

German government has promised to supply nationwide minimum of 50 Mbit/s (0.05 Gbit/s) within the next few years.

Super high quality 4k(!) videos require 25 Mbit/s minimum.

Most ethernet adapters at PCs are limited to 1 Gbit/s.

1 Gbit/s over the air is a lab experiment.

Practical use of overseas connections will never supply 1 Gbit/s for a private user on shared lines. And only speed test servers will supply such rate steadily.

3BB like others love to advertise high numbers and oversell.

What will happen now is that the technician wants to keep face knowing that he won't be able to guarantee you 24/7 test results.

To spare your nerves: suggest 3BB to downgrade back to 500/500 and refund paid extra amounts. It's just the push of a button for them.

I recently switched from ToT (who supplied 50 Mbit/s for the last few years) to 3BB.

When asked what package: 100/100 for 590 (plus tax), six months for 50% as changing from ToT.

I get perfect 100/100 and it will take long until I (two PCs, one smartphone) and the other smartphone (youtube) users in the family will bring this to the edge.

A similar experience. I had 100/100 with 3BB and noticed for 100 baht more I could have 200/200. So why not, although as you say such a speed isn't really needed. They then told us it had been applied automatically for existing customers on 100 (so they increased our bill by 100 baht without asking? I haven't checked yet). I was still getting 100 on my laptop though and the engineer came and showed close to 200 on his, and said it was because my laptop is old (five years or more?). No big deal.

By the way, I think the UK government is promising everyone 30 in the next few years, not 50 ????, but I might be wrong.

26 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

I had the same issue with True over wifi because their modem/router was weak over the wifi side - 2.4ghz. 

I bought a Dual Band Asus router and on the 5 ghz band get full speed over wifi. 

What Wifi speed do you get?  Is it the same as LAN?

2 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

A similar experience. I had 100/100 with 3BB and noticed for 100 baht more I could have 200/200. So why not, although as you say such a speed isn't really needed. They then told us it had been applied automatically for existing customers on 100 (so they increased our bill by 100 baht without asking? I haven't checked yet). I was still getting 100 on my laptop though and the engineer came and showed close to 200 on his, and said it was because my laptop is old (five years or more?). No big deal.

By the way, I think the UK government is promising everyone 30 in the next few years, not 50 ????, but I might be wrong.

I always get the speed I pay for with 3bb.  Had 500/500 and that's what I got.  Now I am getting 1000/100 part of the time but not all of the time.  This thread was asking if anyone else had 1000/100.

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

So why not, although as you say such a speed isn't really needed.

Thats pretty subjective. 

8 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I was still getting 100 on my laptop though and the engineer came and showed close to 200 on his, and said it was because my laptop is old (five years or more?). No big deal.

He was probably using a wired connection, wasn't he? Every time I had the techs come out for a similar problem they use a LAN cable to check speeds. 

6 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Thats pretty subjective. 

He was probably using a wired connection, wasn't he? Every time I had the techs come out for a similar problem they use a LAN cable to check speeds. 

The router I have in bridge mode says the 5G goes to 830 Mbps.  But I'm getting no more than 500 and I don't know why.  

1 minute ago, Thainesss said:

Yes, on the 5 ghz band its identical to my LAN speeds. On the 2.4 ghz band its slow as heck. 

5G:

8442867095.png

2.4G:

8442871189.png

The 2.4 is supposed to be a lot slower.  I run both at the same time as I have devices that won't work on 5G.  

10 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

Thats pretty subjective. 

A good question. I let my wife deal with him, what with the language thing, so I don't know. Anyway, as I said I'm happy with what I have.

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

I run both at the same time as I have devices that won't work on 5G.  

I run both at the same time too, no bridge. Still get full speeds. Ive had this same router in the states on a gigabit fiber line and get full speeds over wifi and using it right now at my house in Thailand. IMO you need to upgrade your router to really be sure its the ISP and not your equipment. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/asus-rt-ac66u-ac1750-dual-band-wi-fi-gigabit-router-5y-i116031096-s120412295.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.1d5565904rW4b7&search=1

20 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I always get the speed I pay for with 3bb.  Had 500/500 and that's what I got.  Now I am getting 1000/100 part of the time but not all of the time.  This thread was asking if anyone else had 1000/100.

Sorry to have wasted your time with my post, which wasn't directed at you. You might have noticed that members do sometimes discuss related subjects in threads.

6 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

The 2.4 is supposed to be a lot slower. 

I know and 90% of the people in here don't know that, and don't realize that most of the equipment thats being supplied by their ISP is kind of sub-par unless you're on a small line or using a wired connection. 

I could have a 20 billion million mbps line and if using the ISP's 2.4G cheapo router would only get 50's and 60's

11 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

Sorry to have wasted your time with my post, which wasn't directed at you. You might have noticed that members do sometimes discuss related subjects in threads.

I believe the word for it is hijacking a thread.  

14 minutes ago, Thainesss said:

I run both at the same time too, no bridge. Still get full speeds. Ive had this same router in the states on a gigabit fiber line and get full speeds over wifi and using it right now at my house in Thailand. IMO you need to upgrade your router to really be sure its the ISP and not your equipment. 

https://www.lazada.co.th/products/asus-rt-ac66u-ac1750-dual-band-wi-fi-gigabit-router-5y-i116031096-s120412295.html?spm=a2o4m.searchlist.list.1.1d5565904rW4b7&search=1

That router gets 5G up to 1300 do you get that?

24 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

You write a post with no information to say the thread has no information.  

Come on now.  He's just voicing his opinion.  Most people likely don't find that offensive.

Archived