Anybody getting 1000Mbps from 3bb?

marcusarelus

3 minutes ago, oobar said:

Come on now.  He's just voicing his opinion.  Most people likely don't find that offensive.

Why would I find his opinion of me as, "Just another time waste..."  offensive?  I don't know.  Don't you think being called a waste of time is offensive?  

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I believe the word for it is hijacking a thread.  

I believe if it relates to the same subject (as in internet speeds) then it isn't hijacking, it's a discussion between consenting adults exchanging interesting and/or useful information. If that's okay with you.

Are you posting to everyone who discussed anything other than 1000, or just me? Sounds like you're a control freak with nothing to do but complain about nothing. Get a life. I'd be interested to know, though, why you would need such a high speed for normal personal use. Actually no, I don't care. I have no interest in you.

4 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

That router gets 5G up to 1300 do you get that?

Your too fast for most of us, so OK you get 1800 Mbps, 

we know that now,you keep repeating it,you seem to

get extremely touchy if someone says anything you

don't like.but its only banter, take care

regards worgeordie

7 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I believe if it relates to the same subject (as in internet speeds) then it isn't hijacking, it's a discussion between consenting adults exchanging interesting and/or useful information. If that's okay with you.

Are you posting to everyone who discussed anything other than 1000, or just me? Sounds like you're a control freak with nothing to do but complain about nothing. Get a life. I'd be interested to know, though, why you would need such a high speed for normal personal use. Actually no, I don't care. I have no interest in you.

You wrote, "I was still getting 100 on my laptop though and the engineer came and showed close to 200 on his, and said it was because my laptop is old (five years or more?). No big deal.

By the way, I think the UK government is promising everyone 30 in the next few years, not 50 ????, but I might be wrong."

Your old laptop and the UK government have nothing to do with this topic.  As for the personal insults about me getting a life, and being nosy about my computer use I'll not respond in kind because I'm a gentleman.  

12 minutes ago, worgeordie said:

Your too fast for most of us, so OK you get 1800 Mbps, 

we know that now,you keep repeating it,you seem to

get extremely touchy if someone says anything you

don't like.but its only banter, take care

regards worgeordie

It costs me about 9 baht per day to get 1000 as opposed to 500.  I think that's a good deal.  I can't be the only one here who can afford 9 baht a day.  

1 minute ago, marcusarelus said:

It costs me about 9 baht per day to get 1000 as opposed to 500.  I think that's a good deal.  I can't be the only one here who can afford 9 baht a day.  

You were a bit slow replying then,problems with the Internet ? just joking...55555

regards worgeordie

25 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

That router gets 5G up to 1300 do you get that?

I don't have a 1300 line here, but I did have a 1000 line in the states and got 1000 over wifi with the same AC1750 router. 

Honestly if I had a 1000 line here (which im debating, True says its not available in my area for some reason) I would probably upgrade even further than that router, just to have forward compatibility for tech in the future. 

21 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Why would I find his opinion of me as, "Just another time waste..."  offensive?  I don't know.  Don't you think being called a waste of time is offensive?  

Sorry.  I didn't take what he said as an opinion of you.  I thought it was simply his perception of how the thread ran.  Not my perception though, just different.

6 minutes ago, Bangkok Barry said:

I've just noticed that he's posted nearly 7700 times in just over a year. That's around 20 posts a day or one an hour. Busy man. When I said he should get a life I didn't realise that this forum is his life. Sorry.

So, still relying on personal insults rather than posting about the topic.  I'll not respond.  

9 minutes ago, oobar said:

Sorry.  I didn't take what he said as an opinion of you.  I thought it was simply his perception of how the thread ran.  Not my perception though, just different.

That Kitten guy said I didn't need the speed and another a waste of time and Barry said that my life was posting on Thai Visa.  Bit much for asking a simple question, anyone else getting 1000 Mbps from 3bb.  It's not like it's expensive.  As I said about 9 baht a day more than 500/500 because the limit the upload to 100 instead of 500.  

1 hour ago, marcusarelus said:

The router I have in bridge mode says the 5G goes to 830 Mbps.  But I'm getting no more than 500 and I don't know why.  

I know why and I kindly shared my knowledge with you the other day.

Quoted equipment speeds are theoretical maxima in perfect lab conditions. You will never achieve this in practice and that goes in spades for wifi figures. Forget about it.

50 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Maybe that is why you will not get 1000 mbps all the time, and especially not with international connections.

If you want a connection offering 1000 mbps internationally always you will probably pay USD 100k a month. The only reason why 3bb can offer it for 9 baht a day more is because your connection is shared with others.

500/500 sounds better than 1000/100 due to upload speed.

I use 500/500, which was upgraded from 200/100 previously and I'm happy with it.

Finally Thailand is catching Singapore in terms of Internet speeds and my international speed is pretty good with 3BB. 

1 hour ago, KittenKong said:

I know why and I kindly shared my knowledge with you the other day.

Quoted equipment speeds are theoretical maxima in perfect lab conditions. You will never achieve this in practice and that goes in spades for wifi figures. Forget about it.

I guess you are wrong. 

speeda.png

46 minutes ago, muratremix said:

500/500 sounds better than 1000/100 due to upload speed.

I use 500/500, which was upgraded from 200/100 previously and I'm happy with it.

Finally Thailand is catching Singapore in terms of Internet speeds and my international speed is pretty good with 3BB. 

I do little uploading so for a couple of hundred baht my download speeds are doubled.  Makes things work a lot quicker. 

1 hour ago, dimitriv said:

Maybe that is why you will not get 1000 mbps all the time, and especially not with international connections.

If you want a connection offering 1000 mbps internationally always you will probably pay USD 100k a month. The only reason why 3bb can offer it for 9 baht a day more is because your connection is shared with others.

I'm getting 700 internationally and 1000 local.  I'll know more when the 3bb engineer gets here and checks all of the outside and inside connections.  I had no problem getting 500/500 all the time even though it was a shared line. 

34 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

I'm getting 700 internationally and 1000 local.  I'll know more when the 3bb engineer gets here and checks all of the outside and inside connections.  I had no problem getting 500/500 all the time even though it was a shared line. 

Can you find something to saturate line 500 vs 1000?

Even with HDR 10Bit mkv files, my line is idle most of the time with 500/500.

10 hours ago, muratremix said:

Can you find something to saturate line 500 vs 1000?

I can't saturate my GbE connection between my PC, router and my NAS, all of which are within ~ 1/2 m.

Maybe in larger households, with multiple users and application, GB is a solution. Obviously some commercial and quasi-commercial applications often can utilize GB.

We've got a few customers on 3BB GB. Most seem happy. 

The primary issue is addressing perceived WLAN performance, and explaining why those figures are so low. In a typical customer install, one device is wired (at most, often an uplink to a secondary router and not even a PC), and the rest are WLAN.

1 minute ago, mtls2005 said:

I can't saturate my GbE connection between my PC, router and my NAS, all of which are within ~ 1/2 m.

Maybe in larger households, with multiple users and application, GB is a solution. Obviously some commercial and quasi-commercial applications often can utilize GB.

We've got a few customers on 3BB GB. Most seem happy. 

The primary issue is addressing perceived WLAN performance, and explaining why those figures are so low. In a typical customer install, one device is wired (at most, often an uplink to a secondary router and not even a PC), and the rest are WLAN.

If the topic were why get 1000Mbps the first part of your post makes sense.  I obviously have a use for it or I wouldn't have purchased it.  My question was to discuss anyone else who has 3bb 1000/100.  My speeds are all over the place.  Is anyone experiencing the same thing with 1000/100 I need this information to discuss my service with a 3bb engineer.  The tech got the same numbers I'm getting with his laptop and changed out all the optic connections to no avail and checked my LAN cables and connections to both routers.  500/500 was consistent all day and night.  

51 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

500/500 was consistent all day and night.

Based on a few years working with 3BB, this points to a provisioning error.

But then I haven't read your posts, other than this most recent one.

53 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

Is anyone experiencing the same thing with 1000/100

No.

54 minutes ago, marcusarelus said:

the first part of your post makes sense

I was replying to muratremix.

3 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

Based on a few years working with 3BB, this points to a provisioning error.

But then I haven't read your posts, other than this most recent one.

No.

I was replying to muratremix.

I believe Muratremix was questioning why I needed 1000Mbps.  

Are you saying that you have 3bb 1000/100 in Thailand and get that speed consistently 24/7?

If you start getting up there in speeds, like over 300-500M -- you will pretty much want(need!) to "bridge" your modem/router to maximize the speeds.
If you don't know what this is, then can research and/or get someone to do it for you.
Many routers cant even handle 1000 down on their own.

You can check how yours ranks here:
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/router/bar/179-wan-to-lan-tcp/35

There is a box to search for your router in Orange at present.

FYI: WAN to LAN means Internet to your PC/Devices.  So how fast the router can pass data from the Internet to your computer, etc..

But in short, your box that internet goes in, that has antenna's, basically you make it only handle "internet" work, and not the wifi and other things.  (Becomes "modem only")

So you would then get another Router, to connect to your modem and handle that task. (Which could also do wifi, but even better if...)

Yet another device, a seperate WiFi AP (Access Point) that would handle any wireless clients.

So by seperating the jobs, you can maximize the speed of your super internet.

37 minutes ago, matador007 said:

If you start getting up there in speeds, like over 300-500M -- you will pretty much want(need!) to "bridge" your modem/router to maximize the speeds.
If you don't know what this is, then can research and/or get someone to do it for you.
Many routers cant even handle 1000 down on their own.

You can check how yours ranks here:
https://www.smallnetbuilder.com/tools/charts/router/bar/179-wan-to-lan-tcp/35

There is a box to search for your router in Orange at present.

FYI: WAN to LAN means Internet to your PC/Devices.  So how fast the router can pass data from the Internet to your computer, etc..

But in short, your box that internet goes in, that has antenna's, basically you make it only handle "internet" work, and not the wifi and other things.  (Becomes "modem only")

So you would then get another Router, to connect to your modem and handle that task. (Which could also do wifi, but even better if...)

Yet another device, a seperate WiFi AP (Access Point) that would handle any wireless clients.

So by seperating the jobs, you can maximize the speed of your super internet.

Post #7 ..... 2 routers, D-Link 825 and 3bb HG8145V5.  Bridge mode

I'm getting speeds up to 1800 I included the speed tests back in the beginning of the thread. 

I check the signal strength using WiFi master on my phone. It's -31dBm and -35dBm for 5G and 2.4GHs  and the network using WiFi Network Analyzer

Archived