Best area to live?

themorrow

I am planning on staying in Bangkok for a month or two at the beginning of September. Can anyone recommend a good area/building for a studio apartment? I prefer a busier area with more choices for food and sightseeing, and I would also like easy access to public transit to explore the entire city. Thanks in advance!  

I would walk around a few areas until I found a really great street food restaurant, then find a condo within walking distance of that place. What are your hobbies? Do you like to walk around the park at sunset? Find a nice park, then walk the neighborhood looking for condos.

Check out Centre Point on Soi 10.  Great place to stay for the amount of time that you're looking at.  Soi 10 is a quiet soi but close to both the Nana and Asoke BTS as well as the MRT at Asoke.  Terminal 21 is nearby as are both Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza if you are into some adult entertainment.  If you like to exercise then you have a couple of parks nearby at the end of Soi 10 plus the elevated green path where you can walk/run/ride a bike all the way to Lumpini Park.  

Sukhumvit Soi 36, MSI Tower (was AA House way back). I lived there for 7 years until 2001, room was B4,500 a month then. Skytrain at the end of the Soi, Thonglor a skip away. Soi 36 is far enough away from the congestion to fel a tad quieter. I'll never live in BKK again but if I did it would be the first place I would look at.

If you are in Sukhumvit around Nana station you are in the center - at least in my point of view.

I would look for a hotel for a few days and then look what is available on a monthly basis. September is no high season so you should be able to find something almost anywhere you like.

8 hours ago, Captain 776 said:

Chiang Mai.......ok ok ok it’s not Bangkok.......but Chiang Mai

I'm currently in Chiang Man - need the opposite ????

thanks for the suggestions everyone - looks like I have some research to do!

4 minutes ago, Blue bruce said:

anywhere near the BTS on Sukhumvit. Sukhumvit has everything you could want all the way from soi 1 to soi 101. wouldn't live anywhere else

have to agree … I lived on Sukhumvit for 15+ years and you have all top notch restaurants, BTS, Terminal, Emporium and others. It is a real great place if that's what you like …. North of Asoke around soi's 27- 39is the best area imo.

Now i'm in the bush and all I hear is crickets.

Another vote for Centerpoint Terminal 21.

Enter and exit direct to BTS & MRT, plenty of street food around, great buffet breakfast. Nice rooms with kitchenette & washer dryer (I think).

Gourmet Market on the ground floor and Tops across the street.

I stayed there (one bedroom) a few weeks last year and loved it.

Archived