Thai Dating Sites - Are They All Hookers ?

Scutty

interesting topic. I used one called **D** (fill in blanks) and when my profile was in English, that's pretty much what I found, not all , but yes pretty much. when I did a new profile in Thai, I got less right swipes, but still mainly what I got before, however was still fun though, try meeting some who are 'up country' rather than stating their location as 'Cholburi'.

**D** ??

That’ll be DUDES !!

Okay if you are looking something extra [emoji6]

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Depends where you are mate. I had a mate used to live in Pattaya, I am up country. He told me they were all freelancers down there. Up country Isaan where I am it is the opposite, in fact I wish sometimes there were a few FL when you just want a no strings attached thing. In all honesty and in my experience you are probably better off being single here. No shortage of casual GF around. Depends on what you are after if you really enjoy the companionship, all of that sort of stuff. Usually three sort of girls.

1) Career / professional ladies which everyone sprouts as the holy grail. Problem here is most of them will be working 10 - 12 hours a day, 6 days a week. Then she will need time for her family and friends. What you will find is you will be waiting around for her most of the time and probably become her housekeeper. These women usually have more debt than the others and can be more financially expectant.

2) Poorer class girls. Maybe doesn't have a job and more than likely a kid or two in toe. You will become her sole source of entertainment and probably most other things as well. More than likely she won't be able to cook, doesn't drive and her idea of house keeping will probably vary greatly from yours. Maybe younger and more beautiful but in the end she wont be much help to you in anything, even local Thai stuff and will be more likely you taking care of her like a child, monetarily and in all other aspects and possibly her family as well.

3) Ex bargirl or farang wife. To be avoided, trust me on this.

In all three cases more than likely they will have debts they will expect you will wave your farang magic wand and make it all go away. I find the higher "class" the lady, the more debt she is likely to have.

In any case, never let a Thai lady get the upper hand re your finances. Don't put any homes or vehicles in their name. These girls can be angels for sometimes years until they know they have you in a corner. Then it usually all changes and it's "up to you", like it or lump it and she won't particularly care which one. Maintain control of your life at all times.

There are a lot of grubbers on the dating sites but some good girls too. We are in Asia and money / security will always be high on their value system. Some are focussed on only that. I am in a fairly big city here and the further out you go, the easier and more available (desperate) the girls are. It's very possible at your age to meet early twenties beautiful girls. I could never understand why they were in such a hurry to jump into bed, in nearly every case and class of girl I met. I asked a girl about this once and she said "same marry". Hmmm. I got a mate will only live in condos. He wont stay with a girl longer than a week or three, while they are at their very best. Always gets girls from out of town. Reason for the condo is front gate security. No disgruntled lunatics screaming at your front gate. I went out with a ton of girls before I met my current GF. Most I was over them in 1 - 2 weeks. Often they are quick out of the blocks with the financial requests. Root em and boot em. Move on. It's never sad having a break up here. Always a new and improved model around the corner.

You will meet good and bad girls. Some better than others in different ways. Holy grail is a happy girl, with a decent job and education. Drives and has a vehicle. Has no family and kids or at least make sure she has a good family. Not all are bad. The younger the girl you get the more likely she will have baggage. Really at the end of a day all a young uneducated Thai girl brings to the party is her body, and unless she is exceptional you will tire of that and start noticing she has the intellect and maturity of approximately half her age. And after you have been here some time you will realise women are easy to find here. You need a whole lot more than sex to go the distance. I used to think we have a buffet here as far as available women but in reality many would not be accepted by a Thai guy or have already been rejected by Thai guys. 

I got lucky. Met a decent girl, educated. Mom and dad died. She has a child but so do I, our kids are the same age and get on like a house on fire. No money issues at all in fact she is tight as a fishes. We have a great little family actually. Having said that she is still a woman and woman are generally a PITA, the cultural issues and misunderstandings and these days I am a grumpy intolerant old Bs$t5rd. I kinda need some back up having a son here but if you were on your own I would be staying single, unless you like keeping tricky, illogical exotic pets.

By the way if you are in Patts or Bangkok and want to try further afield, most of the girls up country will jump on a bus at the drop of a hat and travel hours just to come and see you for a day (usually don't have anything better to do). Field her as much as you can and at least have the idea that your at least going to give her a proper go before dragging her so far. Always leave yourself an out though incase she wasn't what you thought. Ie may need to go out of town on business tomorrow. You'd be surprised how often they turn up and they are nothing like their photos. Sometimes it isn't even THEIR photo and they will tell you a story like initially they were looking for someone for their friend, hence the beautiful friends photo 5555. I have had 2 girls turn up both (one heavily) pregnant, and lied about it. Other thing my friend in Bkk does is line up about 10 of them to meet in different towns, hire a car and do a little week or two tour. All good fun

18 minutes ago, Andrew Dwyer said:

**D** ??

That’ll be DUDES !!

Okay if you are looking something extra emoji6.png

no not DUDES !!, never heard of it and won't bother to google. but hey, enjoy y'self dude

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

Both of the above posters saying all ladies on Thai dating sites are hookers..... absolute nonsense.

I met my wife on Thai love links, never even had a boyfriend before, school teacher.

Yes from the north east, married 8 years , has never asked me for one baht.

A genuine honest caring lady, went on a dating site to meet a farang because she was not interested in local Thai men.

Now before i get shot down by members saying she was lying to me, she wasnt, she has 2  sisters, both never had boyfriends, 1 is 54, the other 46,perfectly happy being single.

5 hours ago, colinneil said:

she has 2  sisters, both never had boyfriends, 1 is 54, the other 46,perfectly happy being single.

Now then, we could be brothers if you introduced me to either Sister! ????

I would just like to point out that we are no longer bald.

The correct term is now follicly

challenged.

We are not poor we are non materialistic.

We are not old we are mature.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer to pay or DIY rather than bang a 6 or less, normally I want at least an 8.

I find the older they are, even if unattractive, they are more likely to be trying to extract money from you earlier than the younger pretty ones. They have a few miles on the clock and know a guys sexual attention span runs out very fast.

1 hour ago, BritManToo said:

I prefer to pay or DIY rather than bang a 6 or less, normally I want at least an 8.

Here here! Settling for anything less than that just means you're too lazy too pull yourself 5555

I am probably the ugliest farang in Thailand however I have had countless hook ups with Thai girls who  are not bar girls and were/are just looking for fun and there has been no money involved 

OP the best thing to do is to make it clear from the very start what you are looking for - on my profile on the dating sites I state that I am not looking for BG or girls who want money - when I start chatting to a girl I make it clear also - saves you both a lot of time

2 minutes ago, darrendsd said:

I am probably the ugliest farang in Thailand however I have had countless hook ups with Thai girls who  are not bar girls and were/are just looking for fun and there has been no money involved 

OP the best thing to do is to make it clear from the very start what you are looking for - on my profile on the dating sites I state that I am not looking for BG or girls who want money - when I start chatting to a girl I make it clear also - saves you both a lot of time

Make it clear from the start you need BJ's 

19 hours ago, Scutty said:

it seems the only thing I can pull in Thailand are hookers ,ex hookers or divorcees looking for a lunch ticket .

"Pull" indicates one would like a happy ending. Why would good girls put out to some guy they met on the internet without a ring before?

Want boom boom- hookers always say yes.

18 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The rest were just normal women with normal jobs, some in fact were wealthy in their own rights.

Even now I still keep in contact with a couple of them & I regret letting a few slip through the net.

I have a few that I regret not getting before some other guy jumped in first. 

Never could be bothered going through all the garbage of pretending to want to get married just to have a happy ending. IMO good girls don't unless there are prospects and I was very happy with most of the bad girls I met. Guaranteed happy ending beats paying for dinner etc and not knowing if one was going to get invited in later. Waste of valuable happy time.

20 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

I have a few that I regret not getting before some other guy jumped in first. 

Never could be bothered going through all the garbage of pretending to want to get married just to have a happy ending. IMO good girls don't unless there are prospects and I was very happy with most of the bad girls I met. Guaranteed happy ending beats paying for dinner etc and not knowing if one was going to get invited in later. Waste of valuable happy time.

Yeh I must admit, I have a penchant for really bad girls.

Probably why I'll never settle down as I couldn't live with somebody like that

32 minutes ago, thaibeachlovers said:

"Pull" indicates one would like a happy ending. Why would good girls put out to some guy they met on the internet without a ring before?

Want boom boom- hookers always say yes.

I would definitely say BKK & the women that live there is completely different to the rest of the country. 

The women are not as needy and you don't have to pay with cash. 

Most like to be taken to more upmarket places though and it probably costs more in the end!! 

PS I was mid 20s when I lived in BKK so it was easier than being 50 and bald.

There are a ridiculous amount of single women in BKK and if they aren't keen on Thai blokes there isn't a massive singles scene for them to meet foreigners. 

That's probably why the dating sites have so many.

I haven't used them for a while so you may have a lot more hookers on there now.

You can tend to sort out the bar girls pretty quickly from their level of English and life experiences. 

1 minute ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The clever guys marry the ugly government workers in BKK and get all the perks re health care!!

Then they move to a beach resort and see them at weekends only

I'm not a prostitute, I don't need to bang ugly people for 'perks'.

2 hours ago, Sticky Wicket said:

Yeh I must admit, I have a penchant for really bad girls.

Probably why I'll never settle down as I couldn't live with somebody like that

Yes been the bane of my life. Had a few absolute unashamed whores when it came to sex. Was fabulous while it lasted but nearly impossible to contain that sort of hussy to only you and being faithful.

30 minutes ago, Sticky Wicket said:

The clever guys marry the ugly government workers in BKK and get all the perks re health care!!

Then they move to a beach resort and see them at weekends only

A lot of truth and wisdom here and there are literally thousands of these 40+ women around. Not many on dating sites but if you walk around with a pleasant smile on your face, super malls etc you may have some luck. Only problem is here not many of these women speak a lot of English and if you don't speak some Thai can be hard to get to first base. make up some little slips of paper or business cards with your LINE ID etc. At least if you can get to chat with them you and they can google translate, although that can go pear shaped sometimes. Most government offices I go in often get hit up with one of the ladies saying her friend over there is single, nudge nudge. Even happened in immigration. After just splitting up with a total psycho who tried to ruin my life anyway she could, I could only imagine trying to split up with a police / immigration officer that had it in for you ???? 

I lived with a doctor for a time, 38yo, had her own house etc. She told me was very hard for a lady like her to meet a guy at her age. For a start she needs at least a financial match. No shortage of young no hopers would be happy to be with her but she'd be the laugh of the village. On the other hand an older guy with any sort of wealth wont want her, he would want a much younger show piece. You will also find with a career woman like this she will have very little time for you and they in my experience have very little sex drive. Some right up to nearly 60 can still be very beautiful by the way, a body a 16yo would be proud of. I don't think any woman will be happy with you playing around particularly flaunting it in their face but if you set the rules....tell her you have some business you need to go away now and then, or you want your own time somewhere else in another city now and then and she is accepting of this, yes it can work to your advantage. A lot of benefits. It's nearly like how a Thai middle aged couple live together, more of a partnership than a loving affair. I couldn't do it at the time but I sometimes wish I had persevered. 

9 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

Only problem is here not many of these women speak a lot of English and if you don't speak some Thai can be hard to get to first base.

You will also find with a career woman like this she will have very little time for you and they in my experience have very little sex drive.

A few months back, encountered a nice looking girl, she smiled, I smiled, I typed '$30' on my smartphone, showed it to her, and she took my hand and off we went.

(But that was Khmer, I'm good enough in Thai)

What use has any guy for a 40 year old career woman with no sex drive?

If I were looking for someone for a house share, I'd choose a guy. at least we could drink beer together.

22 hours ago, jastheace said:

interesting topic. I used one called **D** (fill in blanks) and when my profile was in English, that's pretty much what I found, not all , but yes pretty much. when I did a new profile in Thai, I got less right swipes, but still mainly what I got before, however was still fun though, try meeting some who are 'up country' rather than stating their location as 'Cholburi'.

One thing you need to be aware of also for many of these ladies on the dating sites are looking for someone overseas. Specifically some dumb a$$ who doesn't know the ropes. I have been told this by many girls. These type of girls will call you husband and suffer you for a week or two a couple of times a year when you come on holidays but really they just want someone (or many guys) sending them a pay check every month. I have a lot of ex GF have done this. Doesn't usually last long until the bloke wakes up. You see the facebook selfies of them and their friends gorging themselves with prawns and steak. Whiskey, grogging it up everyday. No doubt the requests for money would increase over time with their friends egging them on...all on someone else's hard earned. Uneducated swine can't even eat with their mouths closed lol. Usually lasts three or 4 months then the selfies turn to tears and "why no one understand me", men are no good etc. Not to say they are actually hookers but.....same same but different, the way a hooker here has sponsors. It's not unusual for them because many Thai guys are away overseas or in Bangkok working sending money home and only return back to the village a few times a year. I really don't think Thai women even like men very much to be honest. I think they would rather be with their GF or family. Men are providers to them, a necessary evil.

11 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

A few months back, encountered a nice looking girl, she smiled, I smiled, I typed '$30' on my smartphone, showed it to her, and she took my hand and off we went.

(But that was Khmer, I'm good enough in Thai)

What use has any guy for a 40 year old career woman with no sex drive?

If I were looking for someone for a house share, I'd choose a guy. at least we could drink beer together.

I agree with you. Mate in a similar relationship now and he's very unhappy. The benefits are medical insurance if the lady is a government worker and some security I guess, but you are back with the same boring relationship you probably had back home. The Thai guys make it work for them. A good girl to take care of him and the kids...show face etc and a bad girl (or girls) on the side. A thai guy once told me thats the difference with Thai and farang as far as bad girls go. Farang fall in love with them, Thai guys know the deal

10 minutes ago, Kenny202 said:

I really don't think Thai women even like men very much to be honest. I think they would rather be with their GF or family. Men are providers to them, a necessary evil.

I can agree with that if you remove the word "Thai".

Online dating is 100% about the photos you put up. Most girls literally just browse the first picture for 2 seconds before they swipe left - unless the first picture draws them in to have a longer look.

Things you can do:

1. Get professional photos done. Great photos bring great results. For example a photo of you in a flower field might sound gay to a guy, but a girl would concentrate on the flowers and like it. You want her to like the photos - not necessarily you - you want her attention, not admiration - you can get that later with your personality.

2. Take advantage of premium paid features some of the dating platforms provide. Priority on features that make more girls view your profile as it's really just a numbers game.

3. Pray.

Online dating is 100% about the photos you put up. Most girls literally just browse the first picture for 2 seconds before they swipe left - unless the first picture draws them in to have a longer look.

Things you can do:
1. Get professional photos done. Great photos bring great results. For example a photo of you in a flower field might sound gay to a guy, but a girl would concentrate on the flowers and like it. You want her to like the photos - not necessarily you - you want her attention, not admiration - you can get that later with your personality.
2. Take advantage of premium paid features some of the dating platforms provide. Priority on features that make more girls view your profile as it's really just a numbers game.
3. Pray.
A friend of my girlfriend, Thai on her late 20s, once showed me the Tinder profile pics of one guy, European, she was about to meet. She thought he was really handsome and was excited about meeting him.

I saw this guy's pics, mid 40s and quite ugly, a bit overweight and nothing special at all, except he had some really nice professional pictures of himself, clean shave, dressed elegant and cool, showing a high end car and a nice watch.

Definitely she just liked him because of these pics and that was the only factor she considered to date him. On any dating site, the look is almost always more important than the content.

A friend of my girlfriend, Thai on her late 20s, once showed me the Tinder profile pics of one guy, European, she was about to meet. She thought he was really handsome and was excited about meeting him.

I saw this guy's pics, mid 40s and quite ugly, a bit overweight and nothing special at all, except he had some really nice professional pictures of himself, clean shave, dressed elegant and cool, showing a high end car and a nice watch.

Definitely she just liked him because of these pics and that was the only factor she considered to date him. On any dating site, the look is almost always more important than the content.
A very wise man here once told me, in Thailand you don't need a million dollars, but you need to look like a million dollars [emoji16] I told that to a mate of mine here who did have several million dollars, but dressed like a bogan he said "frk me, I got it around the wrong way" 5555

Sent from my SM-J730GM using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived