Clampdown on postal operators in war on drugs

webfact

Clampdown on postal operators in war on drugs

By THE NATION

800_9e8493e87e08ff9.jpg?v=1563781336

Photo credit: Magic Travel Blog

New measures are to be adopted by government and private postal operators to prevent the mailing of drugs, a joint meeting between the police and the companies revealed on Monday.

From now it will be compulsory for post offices to record and store CCTV images of people delivering and receiving parcels for 180 days; the rules do not currently stipulate how long such images must be kept.

Furthermore, all parcel deliveries will have to be registered through the use of ID cards, both by the senders and recipients. Currently registrations can simply be done through social media accounts, which do not necessarily provide authenticated identification details.

Monday’s meeting was held at the Royal Thai Police headquarters; those present included officials from civilian, military and police anti-drugs agencies, customs and private postal service operators, plus Thailand Post.

A private postal operator told the meeting of problems they currently faced, including not having the right to forcibly open suspicious parcels. Many did not own x-ray machines and therefore could not even vet suspicious items inside the parcels, he said.

Source: https://www.nationthailand.com/news/30373382

nation.jpg

-- © Copyright The Nation Thailand 2019-07-22

How about fingerprinting, iris  scans and detention for 180 days for anyone sending or receiving a parcel? It will help stop terrorism, what we need is a simplistic  childlike cartoon suitable for 3  years and under to explain it all to us.

So, when submitting your 90-day report per post, be sure to get fingerprinted and DNA-tested. That of course after you've made sure your landlord has reported you with a TM30 and you've submitted a TM28 within 24h of your last bowel movement. And do make sure you report your return from the post office to the nearest authotitaaaahhh. Can't have you running free dear alien, now can we?

A police state in the making. Fascinating to see it form from the inside.

26 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

So, when submitting your 90-day report per post, be sure to get fingerprinted and DNA-tested. That of course after you've made sure your landlord has reported you with a TM30 and you've submitted a TM28 within 24h of your last bowel movement. And do make sure you report your return from the post office to the nearest authotitaaaahhh. Can't have you running free dear alien, now can we?

A police state in the making. Fascinating to see it form from the inside.

Sounds like the-land-of-the-free   :wink:

1 hour ago, webfact said:

From now it will be compulsory for post offices to record and store CCTV images of people delivering and receiving parcels for 180 days; the rules do not currently stipulate how long such images must be kept.

Furthermore, all parcel deliveries will have to be registered through the use of ID cards, both by the senders and recipients. Currently registrations can simply be done through social media accounts, which do not necessarily provide authenticated identification details.

Looks like that's the end of just signing for a parcel at the gate when it's delivered.

Next year: DNA samples to be taken when sending or receiving a package.

1 hour ago, bluesofa said:

Looks like that's the end of just signing for a parcel at the gate when it's delivered.

Plus urine sample for sender and receiver. 

So that's the end of village security collecting and signing for receipt of any parcels when you are not at home. Thai Post and all couriers will really enjoy making multiple trip so they can catch you at home for signature. 

This is just silly, how would that prevent people from sending or receiving drugs ?and are there really that much drugs being moved by post?

to have images stored for 180 days would require HD drive with enormous memory card, 1TB is enough for 5-6 days, can not even think how many TB card would be needed for 180 days and who would pay for it

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

Now you're taking the piss.

I have a prostate problem, this could take quite some time, negating the advantage of EMS.

2 minutes ago, Artisi said:

So that's the end of village security collecting and signing for receipt of any parcels when you are not at home. Thai Post and all couriers will really enjoy making multiple trip so they can catch you at home for signature. 

Thailand Post sadly not.

If you're not at home, they'll leave a pink card asking you to collect the item from the Post Office.

I don't think anybody will deliver anything any more. You will have to track it , then go collect it .

So you can sign  , have your photo taken , get a mouth swab ,  leave some hair and piss in a jar........????????????

21 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Now you're taking the piss.

I have a prostate problem, this could take quite some time, negating the advantage of EMS.

Maxiflo does help a little, although on demand can still be problematic ????

21 minutes ago, bluesofa said:

Thailand Post sadly not.

If you're not at home, they'll leave a pink card asking you to collect the item from the Post Office.

We are lucky, security will sign for PT, save the postie filling out the pink card. 

7 minutes ago, Artisi said:

We are lucky, security will sign for PT, save the postie filling out the pink card. 

I wonder if they'll be willing to do that in the future, as the postman will apparently need their ID card in order to sign for it?

53 minutes ago, Artisi said:

I've just received my clean Criminal Check, I've got to sign in and out at work with the help of a face scanner, and George Orwell would have been surprised what he didn't foresee. 

Then when I come home, my wife checks me on any perfume traces, or any signs on my shirt, lipstick, etc..

I wanted to send a Birthday card to my sister, but I couldn't because I didn't have my passport with me, my Thai driver's license wasn't good enough. 

The next ocean is only 570 km away, and my friends from another continent might think that I've got a beach right in front of the door, but there are only buffaloes on two and four legs.

And a lake that they named "Pattaya Noi." I must have done something very wrong in my life before I was reborn. 

I'm afraid that it will never get back to normal when we could feel free and didn't have to wonder if somebody wants us to pee in a little cup to check us on drug consumption.

I'm not in the mood to fly to any airport in Thailand right now, just looking at the queues is breathtaking. 

After living here for 17 years, perhaps they don't let me fly in should I zoom out for a few days.  

Considering that almost all that stuff which made me move has disappeared, it's maybe time to think about something else. 

OMG, I forgot to do my 90 days for Aliens and my work permit has expired yesterday. What should I do now? Please help, I'll set up a GFM now. 

3 hours ago, gunderhill said:

How about fingerprinting, iris  scans and detention for 180 days for anyone sending or receiving a parcel? It will help stop terrorism, what we need is a simplistic  childlike cartoon suitable for 3  years and under to explain it all to us.

George Orwell would be surprised! 

16 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

Considering that almost all that stuff which made me move has disappeared, it's maybe time to think about something else. 

Being able to live a care free life was a huge reason for so many to come here. If those days are over there isn’t a reason to tolerate their nonsense.

16 hours ago, BestB said:

to have images stored for 180 days would require HD drive with enormous memory card, 1TB is enough for 5-6 days, can not even think how many TB card would be needed for 180 days and who would pay for it

Do you really think they have thought this through? :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I tend to be a middle-if-the-road type in that I do think the state has a vested interest in detecting and arresting those who illegally sell, ship or otherwise distribute drugs in volition of the law.

That said, I also think there is a good economic argument to be made for having and promoting alternative shipping/logistics firms in the Kingdom.

So, I think there’s got to be a workable balance that insures reasonable safety and security over the system, those who use it and the items shipped within it... but also insuring that the system remains user-friendly, time & cost efficient and expandable.

I, myself would be a proponent of having all *consignors* be required to register in advance or, at time of shipment tender, be required to present valid ID.

I think this is a more actionable idea than it is to have each and every shipment consignee be registered or otherwise.... sure.. for some consignees who may receive shipments daily or frequently, perhaps it would be easy to register the first time... but I think with the move to more e-commerce and B2C shipments, I think it’s not going to be realistic to have each and every individual consignee be registered.

If start with better enforcement of existing rules and registration or consignors first, before I start to work on the consignee end.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect

On 7/22/2019 at 3:22 PM, gunderhill said:

I like how you're thinking but Don't forget the rectal probes and DNA samples and I don't think full-body CT scans are out of the question.

I simply don't understand why folks think they should be able to put any substance they want into their own bodies. Next thing you know they'll want to control other things in their lives and where will we be then?

I am personally quite ready to divulge every detail of my life if the government will just please protect me from them bad men.

The loss of of Any freedom or privacy it not too high a price to pay for the kind of constant and ever-vigilant security our governments offer us.

????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Archived