Renew 5 yr licence

DavisH

I hope to renew my 5 year licence. It runs out tomorrow, but assumed can can renew it after the expiry date.

I found this online so I'm not sure now. My birthday is tomorrow (the expiry date n the licence), but planned to renew it on Wednesday. If the information below accurate? Or am I ok? I can go tomorrow if need be. 

image.png.3c3cfe4eda76d9e58bef3712609ccd80.png

20 minutes ago, giddyup said:

No. You can renew I believe up to 12 months after expiry. Also you will get nearly 6 years if you renew after your birthday.

Thanks. Did you do that yourself? I've never tried it before. The extra year would be nice. Is there some official document stating these renewal times as I haven't found anything online.

3 minutes ago, DavisH said:

Thanks. Did you do that yourself? I've never tried it before. The extra year would be nice. Is there some official document stating these renewal times as I haven't found anything online.

I didn't do it last renewal because I was concerned about passing the colour test, but the time before I did it a couple of days after my birthday and got 2 days short of 6 years.

There are two pinned topics at the top of this page on Thai licence checklist and obtaining Thai licence, maybe it's mentioned there.

5 minutes ago, giddyup said:

I didn't do it last renewal because I was concerned about passing the colour test, but the time before I did it a couple of days after my birthday and got 2 days short of 6 years.

There are two pinned topics at the top of this page on Thai licence checklist and obtaining Thai licence, maybe it's mentioned there.

Thanks. I did find it on the DLT site here. It can be renewed up to one year with no written / practical tests required.

https://www.dlt.go.th/th/driving-license/view.php?_did=81

Google translate works well enough. On their english link, this information is not there. There is only mention of renewing 2 year licences. 

Archived