Cannabis among top priorities for new Thai government

snoop1130

Prime Minister Prayuth Chan-ocha ...

Walk softly and carry a big stick.  Thai stick.

40+ years ago in downtown Loei, I used to go to a halfway decent restaurant to get my fried vegetables, as I was vegetarian.  One day, the cook presented me with a stir fry with some green leaves in it that weren't Basil.  Said it was ganja.  I laughed.  I laughed more after I ate it and realized he was right.  Funny thing was that the kitchen was beside the serving area and a lot of the fumes vented to the sidewalk outside.  Mmmmm, good.

A missionary priest living in a village halfway to Chiang Khan had a nice setup.  He had a generator, a nice little church and house, propane refrigerator and whatnot.  One time he was doing an elephant blessing ceremony when they came through dragging crops to the road in the harvest season.  Someone fed him some green chicken soup.  He had never been stoned and he thought he was losing his mind.  He told the perpetrator that if he ever did that again, he'd shove a shotgun up the guy's arse and pull the trigger.  One time he was jogging in the morning down a track going toward the forest.  Rounded a bend and saw some rebels with guns (wannabe commie separatists, whatever).  He slowed down, waved, jogged in place and then turned back to the village.  Around the first corner, he hauled arse back home.  It was a little wild at times.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Denim said:

Without reading what has already been said I find ' news ' like this repulsive. 

They have demonized this drug for so long and tried to portray it as a drug that inevitably leads to harder drugs and the destruction of anyone who tries it.

They have spent a lot of money cooking up the facts to support their narrative.

Now .....just because the good 'ol US of A and friends have OK'ed it there is a undignified rush by the wealthy to capitalize on its rehabilitation. 

' Oh......we have found another cash cow to exploit '  

May they all rot in hell for their culpable duplicity.

They only made it illegal in 1979 under imense pressure from America so it makes perfect sense to legalise it now that America is no longer putting on the pressure.

10 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

If/when do people think it could be legalized for recreational use?

Asking for a friend.  ????

I think we are a long way from that. However, it will be hard for them to jail a user when they are openly admitting is has medicinal qualities.

1 hour ago, RichardColeman said:

...............and to support Thailand reclaiming no.1 spot in road deaths 

If all the drivers were stoned instead of being drunk, no one would travel faster than 30 kph!

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I think we are a long way from that. However, it will be hard for them to jail a user when they are openly admitting is has medicinal qualities.

So as long as they have a 'doctor's certificate' stating they need it - aka a get out of jail card free.

18 minutes ago, geronimo said:

As with immigration it will probably largely depend on how the police officer is feeling who the police officer is where he is and a whole lot of indeterminable factors.

24 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

As with immigration it will probably largely depend on how the police officer is feeling who the police officer is where he is and a whole lot of indeterminable factors.

In other words, nothing has changed ....

12 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Hello,

My Thai friends told me, 3-5 years from now!  Afterwards, Thailand will be number one tourists destination in the world!

8 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

please for the love of god i beg you all to please watch this before it is too late.

and may god have mercy on your souls.

Fist saw this when I was young, it made me laugh and laugh and laugh. Funniest thing ever. 

Let's imagine, for a moment, what Thailand would be like if they went the whole hog and weed was everywhere,

Violent crime rates would plummet, as would road fatalities (stoned people always drive far too slowly)

The noodle stalls would always be crowded, as the new ingredient really hits home.

There would be no domestic disputes, just happy people who live and let live.

All banking staff wouldn't have a clue what they are doing (nothing has changed there)

Teachers would forget what they are supposed to be teaching ..... (could be worse)

Hookers wouldn't want paying ......

The cops would pull you over, then ask you why you stopped them!

The fast food and dessert industries would grow exponentially

Thailand would become known as "The land of smiles"

No one would bother to complain about anything ..... The list is endless ......

12 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Tell your friend, 555, it will be legalized for recreational use when they don't get the financial returns they expect from the medicinal market and/or they realize they can get an even greater financial return from a recreational market. It's all about the money.

4 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Let's imagine, for a moment, what Thailand would be like if they went the whole hog and weed was everywhere,

Violent crime rates would plummet, as would road fatalities (stoned people always drive far too slowly)

The noodle stalls would always be crowded, as the new ingredient really hits home.

All banking staff would have a clue what they are doing (nothing has changed there)

Teachers would forget what they are supposed to be teaching ..... (could be worse)

Yo Geronimo, pass some of that s**t you be tokin over here. It must be good.

11 minutes ago, nickstav said:

Tell your friend, 555, it will be legalized for recreational use when they don't get the financial returns they expect from the medicinal market and/or they realize they can get an even greater financial return from a recreational market. It's all about the money.

and with 80% of the price of a beer going into the gov pockets, don't expect that to change anytime soon!

13 hours ago, Oziex1 said:

So who's gonna be buying the weed to make the greedy richer? 

Around the world the hype is full on over medical cannabis, has anyone any news on it's proven benefits?

I don't disagree with it, far from it, just wondering if it's meeting the hype. 

Benefits ?  just open Youtube with search words :  CNN  Sanjay Gupta Weed

12 hours ago, Scutty said:

No way are the Thais going to allow us to buy weed and get stoned like for example holland . They are bad enough about alcohol , looking down their noses at you if youve had a few too many , farang ki mao . 

I don't agree.  They are greedy and this money is too much to pass up.  Canada reported a tax revenue of 185 million CD in the first 6 months.

The block may come from the alcohol industry here.  They fear lost revenue.

15 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bhumjaithai party leader Anutin Charnvirakul, now a deputy prime minister and health minister, said his goal was to enable all Thais to grow marijuana to make money.

Salvation is at hand for the north east, a new cash crop is on it's way !

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

All banking staff wouldn't have a clue what they are doing (nothing has changed there)

You're describing what it was like 30 years ago!

6 minutes ago, Chrisswe said:

So the traffic and turists situation has lost the priority , mabey this Canabis buiseness make more money in some ones pocket !!!???

Not really as it states it is among top priorities and not "the" top priority. 

2 hours ago, geronimo said:

13 minutes ago, FarFlungFalang said:

You're describing what it was like 30 years ago!

For sure.

Anyone who was here in the late 1970's and early 80's would agree with you.

Ganja was everywhere... in the cities, in the villages, on the islands. You could buy it almost as easily as you could buy beer.

If you didn't want to smoke it you could eat it with your noodle soup.  

Archived