Cannabis among top priorities for new Thai government

snoop1130

14 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

If/when do people think it could be legalized for recreational use?

Asking for a friend.  ????

16 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Bhumjaithai party leader Anutin Charnvirakul, now a deputy prime minister and health minister, said his goal was to enable all Thais to grow marijuana to make money.

The key words in the quote from the story "all Thais".If all Thais are allowed to grow the stuff I can guarantee it will be legalised for "medicinal" use so if one was desirous of altering ones state of mind well that would require the medicinal use of cannabis regardless of the recreational intention to alter ones state of mind.So the broad interpretation of medicinal use would therefor include recreational purpose.It will be classed as a medicine and if one uses a medicine it is medicine use hence medicinal use.

If the cops pull me over puffing on a spliff I'm probably going to say medicinal use and he will say that's OK just don'y let me catch you using it recreationally OK?

So to answer your question is within 12 months,but that of course depends on the laws they write and the interpretations of the laws they write and how the courts rule on the laws they write and how the laws affect foreigners and that is just an absurd attempt at guessing the time frame,it could be as soon as six months if it is such a priority and it sees full support from the "parliament.  

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Darkside Gray said:

With all the problems thailand has its main focus is to be the implementation of its cannabis laws. God help Thailand.

Where does it say it is their main focus?I looked but couldn't find it anywhere.Looks to me like you're putting words in their mouths so you can what?Feel superior,engage in a bit of Thai bashing,imply that they don't know what they are doing,that they can't possibly be doing what the western countries have already done without appearing to be completely unintelligent.Please elucidate for me if you will. 

everybody should be able to grow a few plants, not for resale but for personal use...  government should never be the boss what you can put into your body...

alcohol and nicotine are legal, addictive  and deadly but no problem there...

there are more legal narcotic addicts (from your MD) than illegal one's ...

I have never understood what is still to research in something that is proven and listed on the stock exchange now being publicaly traded

The largest greenhouse in europe produces massive returns for investors and helps millions in providing no side effect pain relief 

There are countless papers published and it is well established but maybe because they dont go abroad to check out other countries for ideas it is still a mystery - not sure how that can be in modern day but I hear that they cannot talk english so does explain a lot

11 minutes ago, MartiniMan said:

I have never understood what is still to research in something that is proven and listed on the stock exchange now being publicaly traded

They need to research how to maximize the flow of the profits into the trough.

5 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

They need to research how to maximize the flow of the profits into the trough.

This link might be of some assistance,

https://hempethics.weebly.com/what-is-industrial-hemp.html

With an imaginative mind and high tech skill and cheap labour force the possibilities are quite large! 

18 hours ago, snoop1130 said:

Cannabis among top priorities for new Thai government

I feel blessed to hear that they can´t possibly find something more important. That´s in my book, that supreme definition of GLI, (Great Lack of Intelligence). Not to worry. Before I read that they are using the phrase intelligent country.

5 minutes ago, Matzzon said:

I feel blessed to hear that they can´t possibly find something more important. That´s in my book, that supreme definition of GLI, (Great Lack of Intelligence).

I think the PTB saw that the BJT (Proud to be High) party attracted some support advocating for canabis legalization. There is appeal to the younger crowd, and farmers, tourism sectors and even middle class folks who see the dangers of yaba, and the benefits of control, taxation and medical benefits.

So a coalition government isn't going to abandon this in a few days. They'll continue to talk about it, but let's be realistic, canabis will never, ever be legalized, for recreational use, here.

1 minute ago, Matzzon said:

I feel blessed to hear that they can´t possibly find something more important. That´s in my book, that supreme definition of GLI, (Great Lack of Intelligence). Not to worry. Before I read that they are using the phrase intelligent country.

http://www.cannopycorp.com/hemp-plastics.html

https://hempethics.weebly.com/what-is-industrial-hemp.html

https://bioplasticsnews.com/2019/05/04/hemp-plastics/

https://www.realhemp.com/hemp-industries/hemp-building-materials/

If you realised the amount of products that can and are being made from hemp and the huge markets available and the enormous potential of this miraculous plant you might go some way towards understanding the intelligence of the decision to legalise hemp in Thailand and you might also increase your own levels of intelligence at the same time thus saving time.Please take the time to read these enlightening articles and then maybe try to reassess your thoughts on the topic.

7 minutes ago, mtls2005 said:

I think the PTB saw that the BJT (Proud to be High) party attracted some support advocating for canabis legalization. There is appeal to the younger crowd, and farmers, tourism sectors and even middle class folks who see the dangers of yaba, and the benefits of control, taxation and medical benefits.

So a coalition government isn't going to abandon this in a few days. They'll continue to talk about it, but let's be realistic, canabis will never, ever be legalized, for recreational use, here.

There is a huge global market for products made from industrial hemp which would appeal to anybody with an interest in making money and saving the world from petrochemical based plastics that can be replaced with bio-plastics made with hemp and corn which are biodegradable,hemp based building materials and so on,they can even make car bodies that are more dent resistant and lighter than steel.So I think recreational uses of the plant are an insignificant factor in the importance of legalising hemp.

18 hours ago, up-country_sinclair said:

Sooner than you might imagine.   

It's not hard to get a medical certificate.

If you are really interested my friend Kitty Chopaka of HighLand Network is giving a Free talk in English on the 31st July

FREE Cannabis Startup Workshop! Organised by Bangkok Startup Week

Workshop: Elevating Cannabis Startup: Growing with Legalisation.

With the session being in English on the 31st July @hubbato 10:00am - 12:00pm (available 50 seats)

https://book.soldoutt.com/startupweek2019-elevating-cannabis-startup-growing-with-legalisation-english-session/register

On 7/22/2019 at 7:19 PM, up-country_sinclair said:

As a native of the state of Colorado in the USA, my friend told me that once the camel's nose is under the edge of the tent things progress quickly. Hard to put the genie back in the bottle.

At least that's what my friend told me. Personally I wouldn't know.  ????

6 hours ago, seancbk said:

Sooner than you might imagine.   

It's not hard to get a medical certificate.

If you are really interested my friend Kitty Chopaka of HighLand Network is giving a Free talk in English on the 31st July

FREE Cannabis Startup Workshop! Organised by Bangkok Startup Week

Workshop: Elevating Cannabis Startup: Growing with Legalisation.

With the session being in English on the 31st July @hubbato 10:00am - 12:00pm (available 50 seats)

https://book.soldoutt.com/startupweek2019-elevating-cannabis-startup-growing-with-legalisation-english-session/register

If all a certificate gets you is CBD oil, it's not very useful to me.

But apparently it's good for other uses than just passing the time of day in a jolly mood.

One step in the right direction.

If they fast track marijuana crops they may save Thai farming which is facing a drought induced disaster as water intensive rice crops simply aren't going to happen this year, and if the drought continues it will wipe out family farming in the next two years.  
Switching over to hemp and marijuana cultivation just may be the answer to make Thai agriculture a lucrative business. 

1 hour ago, connda said:

Switching over to hemp and marijuana cultivation just may be the answer to make Thai agriculture a lucrative business. 

Does growing weed really use less water per hectare? Somehow I find that strange as it's a fast growing .. well weed.

Archived