UK minister quits before Johnson becomes PM, decries 'dark cloud' of Brexit

snoop1130

Boris is PM. Finally someone who believes in leaving  the EU. The EU has raped our waters and stolen our fish. Eroded our farms so we can produce food for ourselves. decimated industries so we became a service industry.

The EU will have to find another soft touch to keep filling the coffers.

So many bitter Europhiles sand remainers who said Boris would never be PM. How silly they are.
Finally! A Brexiteer comedy act for PM.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, david555 said:

So finally nothing changes with Boris in charge ..... E.U. stick's with their point …, and parliament shall block the no deal option , first reaction from E.U.....

You better start finding 39 billion pound that you will not be getting, so yes that has changed and the fact that a leaver politician is actually leading the leave from the UK. I would say that is a significant change.

2 hours ago, Loiner said:

The referendum did not specify any kind of deal at all. That means No Deal.

I agree totally but those who are mentally challenged can't comprehend such a thing and then stamp their feet, scream and shout because it hasn't gone their way.

Why don't you concentrate on what the referendum did say and not what you think it said or you want it to say. It said 'Remain or Leave' nothing more, nothing less.
That's right. The referendum did not specify terms of leaving whether deal or no-deal. Therefore no-deal is just one option.

You better start finding 39 billion pound that you will not be getting, so yes that has changed and the fact that a leaver politician is actually leading the leave from the UK. I would say that is a significant change.
Boris is not leading anything unless he can win Parliament.

The biased of the media holds no bounds against Boris Johnson. Just saw on sky news. Johnson wins the Tory leadership with less than 100,000 votes. please he demolished Hunt. with 98,000 votes. I have a feeling the UK will be following the US having crying rooms over the country because people just can't accept losing anymore.

What a 'mamby pamby' world we live in!

https://us.blastingnews.com/opinion/2016/11/trump-crying-rooms-nightmare-for-future-employers-of-this-tissue-generation-001262407.html

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-by-trump-victory/

4 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Number 1: the lie that the referendum vote = no-deal only. Made up from beginning to end. Brexiteer special.

Nice deflection, there is no need to fabricate, we were discussing 'art 50' but you knew that didn't you.

16 hours ago, vogie said:

Art 50 did.

To which ShuengWan replied:

15 hours ago, SheungWan said:

Why do Hard Brexiteers make things up?

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

That's right. The referendum did not specify terms of leaving whether deal or no-deal. Therefore no-deal is just one option.

My house insurance does not specify I have to eat tripe on a Wednesday, therefore, do I have to eat tripe on a Wednesday. You are making it up as you go along, and failing very badly.

3 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

"You better start finding 39 billion pound that you will not be getting "

In that case .... you better start looking for country's who would still trade & trust  the U.K. to do business with ...., and good luck with the rating of the GBP by the rating company's in the financial world …..considered as a defaulting nation ! 

Probably you can scrap 27 & possible their trading partners of that list already together with other consequences already coming with it ….becoming a pariah state 

10 minutes ago, david555 said:

"You better start finding 39 billion pound that you will not be getting "

In that case .... you better start looking for country's who would still trade & trust  the U.K. to do business with ...., and good luck with the rating of the GBP by the rating company's in the financial world …..considered as a defaulting nation ! 

Probably you can scrap 27 & possible their trading partners of that list already together with other consequences already coming with it ….becoming a pariah state 

There are a lot more countries outside of the EU to trade with without being ordered what and when to do it. Making you can have a word with your PM to dig deep and find some of that 39 billion.

What does your country have in its favour other than taking orders from the Germans.

1 hour ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The biased of the media holds no bounds against Boris Johnson. Just saw on sky news. Johnson wins the Tory leadership with less than 100,000 votes. please he demolished Hunt. with 98,000 votes. I have a feeling the UK will be following the US having crying rooms over the country because people just can't accept losing anymore.

https://us.blastingnews.com/opinion/2016/11/trump-crying-rooms-nightmare-for-future-employers-of-this-tissue-generation-001262407.html

https://blogs.wsj.com/washwire/2016/11/09/colleges-try-to-comfort-students-upset-by-trump-victory/

Will Boris be holding a GE like he advocated when G.Brown became PM

8 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Will Boris be holding a GE like he advocated when G.Brown became PM

You will have to ask him as my crystal ball isn't working. Gordon Brown didn't hold a GE when Treacherous Blair left. I suspect that if some backbenchers do not tow the line, then he might hold a GE, as many would lose their seats to the Brexit party. You will see a shift by some who realise that they support the PM or they become extinct. Something TM didn't have, was courage and the belief in leaving the EU.

16 hours ago, Thairealist said:

You say the corrupt Von Der Leyen seems willing to agree a deal with the U.K. Can you please provide a link to this breaking news, because as far as I’m aware, she’s only mentioned agreeing to a further extension, after the 31st October, in other words, she’s willing to keep the U.K tied to the E.U. While at the same time, willing to accept our continued financial donations.

No. You find it. It was part of Ursula's media address following her election success where she indicated she was willing to work with her 'UK friends'. I remember that comment, because it appeared a 'soft touch' approach to resolve an impasse. 

But for your information, and it could have been the Guardian or another rag or MSM, Ursula also stated that behind the scenes activity between the UK and the EU was taking place, with a view to present Johnson with an up to date position regarding whether there was maneuvering room for reaching an agreement going forward.   

That, to me, means she  - if not the other 27 states - would be open to a settlement. What it means to you is debatable, but I would prefer you state your own opinions and not 'bait' my recollections. 

On 7/22/2019 at 9:27 PM, HeyHeyHey said:

Go Johnson! Make UK great again.

Those who are leaving - who cares anyway? Good

It is too serious a matter for me to laugh about. One of the saddest days of my 73 years. I always thought that our Prime Ministers would be people of integrity.

On the other hand.  If he gets the pound back to 2 USD and 1.50 Euros I might give him some credit!

1 hour ago, stephenterry said:

No. You find it. It was part of Ursula's media address following her election success where she indicated she was willing to work with her 'UK friends'. I remember that comment, because it appeared a 'soft touch' approach to resolve an impasse. 

But for your information, and it could have been the Guardian or another rag or MSM, Ursula also stated that behind the scenes activity between the UK and the EU was taking place, with a view to present Johnson with an up to date position regarding whether there was maneuvering room for reaching an agreement going forward.   

That, to me, means she  - if not the other 27 states - would be open to a settlement. What it means to you is debatable, but I would prefer you state your own opinions and not 'bait' my recollections. 

Just goes to show that a change in the EU hot seat can and has changed everything regarding Brexit.....

Just goes to show the EU has become "The United States of Europe"...

2 minutes ago, nauseus said:

I think we just had that for the last 3 years.

maybe there are no other ones anymore in the U.K. minister "container" to pick from …, it's becoming a "trend "  ????

Transam said:

Just goes to show that a change in the EU hot seat can and has changed everything regarding Brexit.....

Nothing wrong with that. WW3 against Iran on our own doesn't appeal. Once Johnson sweet talks the ERG in supporting his energising deal -whatever that is - and convincing his Tory colleagues that it is better to have a tax-free job in parliament than on the dole outside it, Brexit will lumber through to the transition stage until the next GE when it would be revoked by whoever is in power, be it Labour or the Lib Dems.  

2 minutes ago, stephenterry said:

Transam said:

Nothing wrong with that. WW3 against Iran on our own doesn't appeal. Once Johnson sweet talks the ERG in supporting his energising deal -whatever that is - and convincing his Tory colleagues that it is better to have a tax-free job in parliament than on the dole outside it, Brexit will lumber through to the transition stage until the next GE when it would be revoked by whoever is in power, be it Labour or the Lib Dems.  

You worry too much, besides it was the lonesome UK that went to the aid of Europe called WW2...

5 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Boris got about 66.7% of the votes and Hunt only got about 33% of the votes.

Here is the BBC voting results.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-politics-49084605

Boris Johnson has been elected new Conservative leader in a ballot of party members and will become the next UK prime minister.

He beat Jeremy Hunt comfortably, winning 92,153 votes to his rival's 46,656.

1 minute ago, JHolmesJr said:

The British media are in a blind panic over Johnson's appointment.

Just hours and hours of coverage trying to pull him down.

Clips of some of his "gaffes"....which I think make him quite a human 

chap.

Like that endearing time he made matters so much worse for that Iranian Britisher now languishing in an Iranian prison. You gotta love the guy!

Johnson apologises to MPs for gaffe over Nazanin Zaghari-Ratcliffe

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/johnson-apologises-to-mps-for-gaffe-over-nazanin-zaghari-ratcliffe-lqt9zlwv7

Archived