UK minister quits before Johnson becomes PM, decries 'dark cloud' of Brexit

snoop1130

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply
It is too serious a matter for me to laugh about. One of the saddest days of my 73 years. I always thought that our Prime Ministers would be people of integrity.

On the other hand.  If he gets the pound back to 2 USD and 1.50 Euros I might give him some credit!
For that to stand a chance, no-deal Brexit needs to be shunted aside.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

On 7/23/2019 at 5:11 AM, Nigel Garvie said:

Ah, but that's the whole point, Boris does spout continuous crap, just how far down the reality denial road do you have to travel not to see that. He will be chosen by less that .002% of the population, and it is pretty apparent that a significant majority of the population think he is just a huge embarrassment. For many posters here the issue has turned into "Brexit at any price", if they had to accept Satan as PM in order to achieve their aims they would do so. This obsession has become so all consuming, that nothing else matters. "To hell with the Union, the economy, the evidence, the NHS, our international status, just give us our Brexit" 

Countries all over the world are laughing at us because we really think that we are taking back control, meanwhile Putin and Trump are rubbing their hands with glee. 

Screen Shot 2019-07-12 at 13.06.21.png

Whilst I appreciate some people vote based on the leader of the party, I would hope that most vote on the policies of the party.

19 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

That's right. Even clowns are human.

Are you sure you're not hyper ventilating  just  because you're worried about the fate of your pound exchange rate?

I think anyone who thinks this guy is a clown is not a very good judge of character...I think he is

going to rise to the occasion and do his best to deliver the people's wishes.

Are you sure you're not hyper ventilating  just  because you're worried about the fate of your pound exchange rate?

I think anyone who thinks this guy is a clown is not a very good judge of character...I think he is
going to rise to the occasion and do his best to deliver the people's wishes.

Brexiteers first in line to get hit by the exchange rate. Those still travelling that is. Certainly impressed by Boris's lightweight clatrap so far.

How can Brexiteers be the first? Total claptrap from Hong Kong again.
It’s the Remainers doing all the crying about exchange rates.
Brexiteers clutching their Sterling through thick and thin. Mostly thin. Not the ones who have given up booking flights though. They're happy, sort of, with the Pound in their pocket....

Brexiteers clutching their Sterling through thick and thin. Mostly thin. Not the ones who have given up booking flights though. They're happy, sort of, with the Pound in their pocket....

Did you change all your HKD into GBP instead of THB? Don’t think many Brexiteers did that.
I hope you weren’t a FILTH banker were you? Or even worse - masquerading as an Independent Financial Advisor!!!

4 hours ago, Loiner said:

Did you change all your HKD into GBP instead of THB? Don’t think many Brexiteers did that.
I hope you weren’t a FILTH banker were you? Or even worse - masquerading as an Independent Financial Advisor!!!

No to the personal fishing expedition questions. Brexiteers just hold on to their Sterling and hope for the best. It hasn't worked out too well exactly for them. For those who haven't abandoned travel. Otherwise, never mind.

5 hours ago, SheungWan said:

You read like someone who is worried about their cash flow because of Brexit..

On 7/23/2019 at 3:47 PM, vogie said:

Art 50 did.

Article 50 effectively suggests that the problems surrounding the separation be wrapped up in a single agreement.

It would appear that the leavers think it would be better to deal with each problem individually after they have occurred. Who does that make sense to.

It should be noted that the agreement is negotiated in line with the functioning of the EU, not the functioning of the UK. Something that the UK had already signed up to and again when Art 50 was invoked. Of course in true brexit fashion what the UK had agreed to meant very little in the negotiations and again we have Boris Johnson thinking that any agreements previously made by the UK do not apply to him.

Time for a reality check.

59 minutes ago, sandyf said:

Article 50 effectively suggests that the problems surrounding the separation be wrapped up in a single agreement.

It would appear that the leavers think it would be better to deal with each problem individually after they have occurred. Who does that make sense to.

It should be noted that the agreement is negotiated in line with the functioning of the EU, not the functioning of the UK. Something that the UK had already signed up to and again when Art 50 was invoked. Of course in true brexit fashion what the UK had agreed to meant very little in the negotiations and again we have Boris Johnson thinking that any agreements previously made by the UK do not apply to him.

Time for a reality check.

Except you're ignoring the point that the 'agreement' was BRINO.  Consequently LOVED by the eu......

And please 49, DON'T pretend that your question as to how this 'agreement' is brino hasn't frequently been answered.....

13 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

Except you're ignoring the point that the 'agreement' was BRINO.  Consequently LOVED by the eu......

And please 49, DON'T pretend that your question as to how this 'agreement' is brino hasn't frequently been answered.....

What sections of the agreement do you dislike

22 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

What sections of the agreement do you dislike

You're taking over from 49 pretending that this question hasn't been answered frequently by other posters?

But assuming you've managed to miss the frequent responses, it's easier to post a link that points out more than a few of the reasons why the eu/may 'deal' was so horrendous.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/12/the-top-40-horrors-lurking-in-the-small-print-of-theresa-mays-brex'deit-deal-2/

40 minutes ago, dick dasterdly said:

You're taking over from 49 pretending that this question hasn't been answered frequently by other posters?

But assuming you've managed to miss the frequent responses, it's easier to post a link that points out more than a few of the reasons why the eu/may 'deal' was so horrendous.

https://blogs.spectator.co.uk/2018/12/the-top-40-horrors-lurking-in-the-small-print-of-theresa-mays-brex'deit-deal-2/

DD. Typical answer of a remainer who doesn't even do basic research but wants you to do it for them so that they can pick holes your response.

3 hours ago, dick dasterdly said:

And you have misinterpreted the fact that the previous "agreements" that I referred to were generally inclusive, the treaties of the European Union and the GFA.

Bottom line is the UK signed up to Article 50 of the Treaty on European Union which carries certain obligations whether people like it or not. Cherry picking was never an option.

No to the personal fishing expedition questions. Brexiteers just hold on to their Sterling and hope for the best. It hasn't worked out too well exactly for them. For those who haven't abandoned travel. Otherwise, never mind.

555 guess you were either of those. All full of BS about economics, investments and currencies. Then get caught with their backsides hanging out over Brexit. Love it!

Brexiteers tough it out for the good of the UK. Remainers just moan and groan all the time. That the banksters, financial Expurts and advisers are exposed as knowing nowt is just another bonus for me.

Archived