illegally fined on tourist visa, accept as thainess?

On 7/22/2019 at 8:24 PM, GroupA said:

Paying the TM 30 fine might be the least of your worries if you are on a tourist visa for years. Tourist are being turned down for the same reasons. I think you might be on another kind of visa.

On 7/22/2019 at 8:03 PM, at15 said:

i am a tourist and have stayed here for years never doing a tm30 once. i mean hell 50% of the time the reception does not even ask for my passport. its the responsibility of the hotel/apartment to do this stuff for tourists.  

Stayed here or lived here for 5 years ? or do you just stay here for a few months a year ?  ????

Edited by brianthainess
corrected grammar

3 hours ago, brianthainess said:

Stayed here or lived here for 5 years ? or do you just stay here for a few months a year ?  ????

yes mostly all straight, believe me i have been through hell and back to make it happen. i wouldn't recommend anyone do this, its not really possible anymore. 

Edited by at15

On 7/23/2019 at 9:23 AM, brewsterbudgen said:

The entry card (TM6) is really irrelevant. As soon as the foreigner arrives at the first place they're going to stay a TM30 needs to be completed.  In most cases (for tourists) it will be a hotel, and the foreigner will have no idea that it's been done.  If it's not a hotel, then someone should complete the TM30 within 24 hours.

So if you are out of the country for awhile and come back. The first night you stay in a hotel and they file a TM30. The next night you go across the street to your apartment. Have you complied? or does it matter?

39 minutes ago, onekoolguy said:

So if you are out of the country for awhile and come back. The first night you stay in a hotel and they file a TM30. The next night you go across the street to your apartment. Have you complied? or does it matter?

No. 

It depends on the office covering your address.

By law someone is supposed to report your stay at every address you stay at overnight. If you stay at a different hotel every night a new TM.30 should be submitted every time you check-in. The same applies to residential addresses too; even if you consider one address your ‘home’.

Edited by elviajero
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1