BANGKOK

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

webfact

Ex- Deputy PM stunned by the words ‘intelligent country’ in government policy

Ex- Deputy PM stunned by the words ‘intelligent country’ in government policy

Korbsak-Sabhavasu.jpg

(Photo) Korbsak Sabhavasu’s Facebook page

Former deputy prime minister Korbsak Sabhavasu said today (Monday) that he was stunned that the government dared to use the words ‘intelligent country’ in the policy statement to be presented to parliament on July 25th and 26th by Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha.

“(I) didn’t expect that they would dare to write such policy. ‘Toward intelligent country’, so far-fetched.  May I ask, is there anyone who knows the meaning of an ‘intelligent country’?” tweeted Kobsak in reference to government policy No 5.7 about the development of infrastructure through digital technology.

The former Democrat party deputy prime minister, however, praised policy No 7 of the Education Ministry about plans to prepare Thai people to meet the challenges of the 21st century.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/ex-pm-stunned-by-the-words-intelligent-country-in-government-policy/

10 minutes ago, webfact said:

‘Toward intelligent country’, so far-fetched.

They're going quite the opposite way.

15 minutes ago, webfact said:

“(I) didn’t expect that they would dare to write such policy. ‘Toward intelligent country’, so far-fetched.  May I ask, is there anyone who knows the meaning of an ‘intelligent country’?”

Finally, a Thai person who live in real Thailand and not the make believe by the dreamers and self deniers and  sees this country for what it's really is, a beautiful country indeed, but far from being intelligent, not in human material quality or technology, not yet anyway...

"He pointed out that the government’s populist policies, intended to win the votes of poor people, would be a nightmare for people with fixed salaries because they will have their income taxes deducted by their employers and consumers will be charged VAT for every item of goods they purchased."

Isn't that the way everywhere else in the world? To me the précis is written to enrage us because we expect the government to be "out of touch with reality" but when I read the PBS article I read it as though Korbsak Sabhavasu is out of touch with reality. 

Not too much intelligence being demonstrated so far by the new ministry if the announcement by the Minister for Tourism is anything to go by.

He came out with the brilliant idea of enticing western foreigners to come back to Thailand by promoting massage and ganja.

I met a woman last night who can make a swan from a drinking straw.!

Good job there is very low water in The Mekong as he could have been headed for a cement sandwich saying things like that.

2 hours ago, webfact said:

Former deputy prime minister Korbsak Sabhavasu said today (Monday) that he was stunned that the government dared to use the words ‘intelligent country’ in the policy statement to be presented to parliament

what he is stunned at and is shown laughing at is the use of the words 'intelligent' and (thai) 'government' in the same sentence

It's all down (and I mean down) to the Thai Education credo; don't question anything and respect your betters (richer.)

2 hours ago, webfact said:

‘intelligent country’

Funny hearing that in a country where IQ means....I'm Quick!

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

Women of the night can do many unique things......

1 hour ago, mok199 said:

Above average intelligence...…..a future environment minister!

The headline may need some rejigging to include artificial 🤔

I am surprised that the aging population and technology disruption issues are not addressed.