Thai military condemned for alleged torture of a Muslim man in Pattani

webfact

Thai military condemned for alleged torture of a Muslim man in Pattani

Katsuri1.jpg

(Photo) Kasturi Mahkota’s Facebook page

The Pattani United Liberation Organization (PULO) has condemned the Thai military over an incident involving a previously healthy Muslim man who was taken to a military camp in the country’s southern province of Pattani for interrogation on Sunday, only to end up in the provincial hospital’s intensive care unit with brain swelling.

In a statement, issued today by the insurgent group, PULO president Mr. Kasturi Mahkota said that he was shocked when he learned of the condition of Mr. Abdullah Isa-Musa, a resident of Sai Buri district of Pattani, after he was apprehended by military personnel and taken to Ingkayut camp.

“Once again we are shocked by the news that affects the hearts of the Pattani people over the constant inhumane Thai acts, as if we were their prey, as yesterday happened to Mr. Abdullah Isa-Musa.  Mr. Isa-Musa, a healthy man, was taken for questioning at Ingkayut army camp, but ended up being admitted to the ICU in Pattani hospital,” said Mr. Mahkota.

Full story: https://www.thaipbsworld.com/thai-military-condemned-for-alleged-torture-of-a-muslim-man-in-pattani/

Not a very subtle interrogation, one needs a degree of intelligence to extract information from someone unwilling to give it and that doesn't mean torture, the least likely method to find out the truth. No military excels in intelligence, least of all the Thai military. Interrogation should be conducted by specially trained civilians who are under the guidance of law and are answerable for their actions. 

I'm disappointed that religion is even mentioned. 

I'm a believer of no faith, it really annoys me when religion is mentioned. 

You people are just stirring the pot, leave it alone. Forget the RELIGION BILL*HIT. 

I hope one day we can live in a world free of religion. 

It's destroying humanity. 

14 hours ago, webfact said:

man who was taken to a military camp in the country’s southern province of Pattani for interrogation on Sunday, only to end up in the provincial hospital’s intensive care unit with brain swelling.

Prayut never lifted his State of Emergency in the southern provinces.

It operates the same as Prayut's Article 44 - no human rights, no civil protections, no judicial process.

People in the South are expected to be loyal Thai subjects while the military treats them as foreign occupiers. Ironic as it's just the opposite.

Archived