90 days report 7 days grace period

Hi everyone,

I have a non O visa base on marriage without the 400 000 proof. I'm 7 days late and yesterday I tried to make the 90 days report at my local immigration but they said that I have to pay 3000 THB for 6 days overstay. I asked them about the 7 days grace period but they said that it's for another "regulation".

Now this is thaiembassy link: https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php

I think they said 2000 bahts if not caught and 5000 bahts if caught, also they don't mention for which type of 90 days report this 7 days grace period work.

Today I will try at Htee khee border but I would like to know it this is correct, if I should get this grace period and if I have to pay if it suppose to be 2000 or 3500.

Thanks

If you have a Non Imm O Visa you have to leave the country every 90 days.

You cannot report at Immigration.

The fine for overstay is 500 Baht a day.

So the longer you leave it the more it goes up.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 2

Looks like you misuse your non O visa. There is no 90 days report, whether it is single or multi won't make any difference you must leave the country every 90 days.

Unless you get an extension of stay, which you must apply for about a month before your 90 days expire.

• Like 1

Thank you for your answers but my question is about the 7 days grace period.

You can report at the immigration to get 60 days extension, I did it for my first notification then I did the 90 days report at the border. I was inform of this possibility here on thai visa and indeed it works. 90 days at border 60 days at immigration 90 days border 60 days at immigration etc...

Now regarding this 7 days grace period, does it work only for some type of visa and if yes should I pay 2000 or 3500 (500 a day)? like mentioned in this link:

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php

1 minute ago, fry30 said:

Thank you for your answers but my question is about the 7 days grace period.

You can report at the immigration to get 60 days extension, I did it for my first notification then I did the 90 days report at the border. I was inform of this possibility here on thai visa and indeed it works. 90 days at border 60 days at immigration 90 days border 60 days at immigration etc...

Now regarding this 7 days grace period, does it work only for some type of visa and if yes should I pay 2000 or 3500 (500 a day)? like mentioned in this link:

https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php

obtaining a 60 day extension is not reporting.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Don Mega said:

obtaining a 60 day extension is not reporting.

maybe the wrong term, after getting my visa I reported 90 days later at immigration then need to report 60 days later at the border then need to report 90 days now.

I you report at the immigration in thailand then you need to report again 60 days later, a 60 days report.

Still would be very kind if someone could answer to the actual question

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, fishtank said:

There is no 7 day grace period.

You tried to apply for a 60 days extension but you were allready on 6 days overstay.

500 Baht a day fine.

When I got my visa with 400 000 baht proof I always got this 7 days period for reporting, then there is this link that says otherwise https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php

7 minutes ago, fry30 said:

When I got my visa with 400 000 baht proof I always got this 7 days period for reporting, then there is this link that says otherwise https://www.thaiembassy.com/thailand/90-day-reporting-immigration.php

That was an EXTENSION OF STAY.

You now have a VISA.

Two different things.

You cannot report.

You have to exit the country.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

You can only do a 90 day report of staying longer than 90 consecutive days if you have a permit to stay that allows you to stay longer than 90 days. You now only have a non-o visa that only allows a 90 day permit to stay in the country unless you extend it. 

If you apply for a 60 day extension to visit your wife that is considered as doing a 90 day report since it is your first extension of that 90 day entry. After that 60 day extension you must leave the country to get a new 90 day entry.

I suggest you read a real Thai government website for info instead of that commercial website set up by law firm. See here for official info about 90 day reporting. https://www.immigration.go.th/content/sv_90day

Thank you for your answer, that's what I understood and tried to explain.

There is absolutely no problem regarding the 60 days 90 days, I'm asking about the 7 days grace period.

Thanks for the link, I thought the other one was official.

So they say this " The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires"

So should I pay a fine if I'm within the 7 days after?

5 minutes ago, fry30 said:

There is absolutely no problem regarding the 60 days 90 days, I'm asking about the 7 days grace period.

So they say this " The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires"

Wrong.

You have to pay 500 Baht fine for every day you overstay.

There is no grace period.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, fry30 said:

OP, the two weeks before and seven days after reporting is only when you go to the Immigration in person. But you're on a different type of visa/extension of stay where you have to leave the country every 90 days! Every day is one day of overstay, leave the country immediately. 

Others who have a different type of visa/extension of stay who report to Immigration every 90 days will have to pay a fine of 2,000 to 3,000 baht when they are late. The "grace period" is only when you're doing that report in person, online doesn't count. 

But you're not allowed to do the 90 days form TM 47 for Aliens, you must leave the country every 90 days. I hope that this answers your question. Please don't get upset at Immigration, just pay your overstay fine. 

Edited by Isaanbiker
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, fishtank said:

Wrong.

You have to pay 500 Baht fine for every day you overstay.

There is no grace period.

so even the immigration bureau is wrong? " The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires"

or maybe it's because I call it grace period.

So I reformulate my question, is there specific visa for which the 7 days are not allowed?

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, fry30 said:

so even the immigration bureau is wrong? " The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires"

or maybe it's because I call it grace period.

So I reformulate my question, is there specific visa for which the 7 days are not allowed?

Yes. Any Visa.

The Immigration Bureau is correct but you cannot do 90 day reports.

You have to leave the country.

You have permision to stay in Thailand for 90 days.

Not more.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Isaanbiker said:

OP, the two weeks before and seven days after reporting is only when you go to the Immigration in person. It's not the case when you're doing it online and a fine of 2,000 up to 3,000 baht must be paid.

But you're not allowed to do the 90 days form TM 47 for Aliens, you must leave the country every 90 days. I hope that this answers your question. 

I'm not doing it online, I'm going to the border today but yesterday at the immigration in Ratchaburi I could make my report but I prefer to try at the border and see if I can avoid the fine. So there is 7 days allowed, they were saying that it works only for some type of visa.

6 minutes ago, fry30 said:

So there is 7 days allowed, they were saying that it works only for some type of visa.

There is no 7 days allowed.

Why you no listen?

Good luck at the border today.

Be sure to take plenty of cash with you.

Edited by fishtank
  • Like 2

8 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Yes. Any Visa.

The Immigration Bureau is correct but you cannot do 90 day reports.

You have to leave the country.

You have permision to stay in Thailand for 90 days.

Not more.

I think you miss the part where I explain that I can and I did, I reported there and had to report again 60 days later, then have to leave the country, so this time I can do it here too I just prefer to try the border.

6 minutes ago, fry30 said:

I think you miss the part where I explain that I can and I did, I reported there and had to report again 60 days later, then have to leave the country, so this time I can do it here too I just prefer to try the border.

And pay 3,500 Baht fine.

And maybe risk arrest for overstay.

If Immigration are willing to accept the fine without arrest i would go back there.

Edited by fishtank
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Goethe said:

You are confusing two different issues:

1. The 90-day report with a 7-day grace period is for people who have a permission to stay in the country longer than 90 days.

2. You have a visa that requires you to leave the country every 90 days. There is no grace period.

so why did I get this grace period before when I was on non O marriage with 400 000?

1 minute ago, fishtank said:

And pay 3,500 Baht fine.

And maybe risk arrest for overstay.

have to pay also at the immigration in Ratchaburi, just wanted to see if at the border it could be different and check the law before. Not a huge deal if I have to pay anyway, next time I won't push the time.

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

If you have a Non Imm O Visa you have to leave the country every 90 days.

You cannot report at Immigration.

The fine for overstay is 500 Baht a day.

So the longer you leave it the more it goes up.

the last time I went to sign in at Jomtien (in May) I was told that i could sign in 5 days before and 5 days after my next sign in date (13th August)....They seem to change their minds everday in this place !!!!!

Just now, fishtank said:

I give up.

Gonna leave it for someone else to try and get through.

you realize that you were stating that you can't report at the immigration in thailand, which is wrong, doesn't make you humble.

However I understand now that the 7 days grace period is allowed only for extension of stay not for a visa.

• Thanks 1

31 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

OP, the two weeks before and seven days after reporting is only when you go to the Immigration in person. But you're on a different type of visa/extension of stay where you have to leave the country every 90 days! Every day is one day of overstay, leave the country immediately. 

Others who have a different type of visa/extension of stay who report to Immigration every 90 days will have to pay a fine of 2,000 to 3,000 baht when they are late. The "grace period" is only when you're doing that report in person, online doesn't count. 

But you're not allowed to do the 90 days form TM 47 for Aliens, you must leave the country every 90 days. I hope that this answers your question. Please don't get upset at Immigration, just pay your overstay fine. 

Thanks for the advise, I learnt to avoid to argue at the immigration, could lead to some serious problems. So far I don't remember getting any problem, I will pay for my mistake no problem.

In the unlikely event that you are "pulled" by law enforcement before you make it to the border, you could be arrested, processed for overstaying your visa and deported. Don't take such a mistake lightly.

Edited by ubonjoe
removed quote of a removed post
  • Like 1