90 days report 7 days grace period

53 minutes ago, fry30 said:

So they say this " The notification must be made within 15 days before or after 7 days the period of 90 days expires"

So should I pay a fine if I'm within the 7 days after?

The 7 days is only for the report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. You are not and cannot do that report since your visa does not allow you to stay longer than 90 days.

You must leave the country on the date your permit to stay ends that is shown as admitted until on the entry stamp you got when you arrived or the 60 day extensions stamp.

1 minute ago, fry30 said:

Thanks for the explanation, indeed it should not be taken lightly. I'm leaving for the border now, the police never asked for my passport so far, hopefully not this time too.

Best of luck, you should be fine doing your border hop.

2 minutes ago, fry30 said:

What kind of problem could I get at the immigration border apart from the fine?

Be well dressed and well mannered to all immigration officers. Do not forget to take 20,000 baht with you.

What border will you cross?

2 minutes ago, Isaanbiker said:

Be well dressed and well mannered to all immigration officers. Do not forget to take 20,000 baht with you.

What border will you cross?

Htee Khee

Should I show 20 000 because of the overstay?

20 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

The 7 days is only for the report of staying longer than 90 days in the country. You are not and cannot do that report since your visa does not allow you to stay longer than 90 days.

You must leave the country on the date your permit to stay ends that is shown as admitted until on the entry stamp you got when you arrived or the 60 day extensions stamp.

Thanks ubonjoe, it's all clear now

16 minutes ago, Caldera said:

Best of luck, you should be fine doing your border hop.

leaving now, thanks for your wishes, I think that's my first overstay in years.

7 hours ago, fry30 said:

so if I understand well, this 7 days grace period work only for extension of stay, not for the first year visa.

WRONG!!!  7 day grace period is ONLY for 90 reporting, like if you have a visa or extension of stay for a years period, but you have to report your address every 90 days.

There is no grace period for extension of stay.

2 hours ago, rwill said:

WRONG!!!  7 day grace period is ONLY for 90 reporting, like if you have a visa or extension of stay for a years period, but you have to report your address every 90 days.

So I'm actually not doing a 90 report (to report my address) but simply leaving the country every 90 days or getting extension of 60 days.

Anyway it went very well today, the immigration officers are very nice, in Ratchaburi as well.

2 hours ago, rwill said:

You said ''if you have a visa or extension of stay for a year period'' so there is visa which required to report your address and visa which required to leave the country?

''There is no grace period for extension of stay.'' but I don't think mine is an extension of stay, I got a visa non O 8 months ago.

When you are permitted to stay in the country more than “90 days” you have an extra 7 days (grace period) to report, before 97th day (will be fined after). This wont apply to 90 day permit to stay (no need to report, you have to exit)

9 hours ago, fry30 said:

so why did I get this grace period before when I was on non O marriage with 400 000?

Because it was not a Non O Visa.

It was an extension of stay.

So one person is saying that you get the grace period on extension of stay and another says there is no grace period for an extension of stay.

12 minutes ago, fry30 said:

So one person is saying that you get the grace period on extension of stay and another says there is no grace period for an extension of stay.

He is saying you have the 7 days if doing a 90 day report (which is either an extension of stay or a one year permitted stay visa such as O-A).  Using a multi entry non immigrant O visa as you appear to currently have requires you depart every 90 days or less, or extend your stay (to visit wife for 60 days you use).  You do not have to make any TM47 90 day reports doing that process as first extension of stay (that 60 days) counts as a 90 day report and then you make a new entry starting the process again.  But this time you were a week late so had overstay.

Edited by lopburi3

4 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

He is saying you have the 7 days if doing a 90 day report (which is either an extension of stay or a one year permitted stay visa such as O-A).  Using a multi entry non immigrant O visa as you appear to currently have requires you depart every 90 days or less, or extend your stay (to visit wife for 60 days you use).  You do not have to make any TM47 90 day reports doing that process as first extension of stay (that 60 days) counts as a 90 day report and then you make a new entry starting the process again.  But this time you were a week late so had overstay.

thank you very much for your patience, I understand that in my case I can't have 7 days grace period but I'm still confused with the terms and rules.

I will abuse your patience a little bit more then I will try to learn all the basics.

"(which is either an extension of stay or a one year permitted stay visa such as O-A)" " Using a multi entry non immigrant O visa as you appear to currently have"

what is the difference between a one year permitted stay visa O or A and a non immigrant O visa? and can I see this difference on my passport?

In 2015 I got a non O immigrant visa then the next 2 years I showed 400 000, that's where I got an extension of stay, during this period I reported my address and I could be 7 days late, then 2018 I got a new non O visa. For the first year I have to leave the country every 90 days then if I get an extension of stay next year I will have to only report my address.

Is there anything correct in this?

10 minutes ago, fry30 said:

what is the difference between a one year permitted stay visa O or A and a non immigrant O visa? and can I see this difference on my passport?

The multi entry or single entry non immigrant O visa is issued by most Consulates for various reasons and provides a 90 day stay (multi a new 90 day stay on any entry during the year it is valid.

The multi entry non immigrant O-A visa is issued for retirement type stay in country of residence.  It provides a one year stay on entry and on any new entry during the year it is valid.

O-A visa would be listed as such.

Image result for thailand o-a visa

Edited by lopburi3

5 minutes ago, lopburi3 said:

The multi entry or single entry non immigrant O visa is issued by most Consulates for various reasons and provides a 90 day stay (multi a new 90 day stay on any entry during the year it is valid.

The multi entry non immigrant O-A visa is issued for retirement type stay in country of residence.  It provides a one year stay on entry and on any new entry during the year it is valid.

O-A visa would be listed as such.

oh I thought O or A it's O-A, mine is non O immigrant the other non O-A immigrant

So I'm not getting one year but multiple 90 days.

Then when I showed the 400 000 it was an extension of stay? then I just have to report my address every 90 days

oh I thought O or A it's O-A, mine is non O immigrant the other non O-A immigrant

So I'm not getting one year but multiple 90 days.

Then when I showed the 400 000 it was an extension of stay? then I just have to report my address every 90 days

If you showed the 400k to immigration with a TM7/forms/wife and they stamped a one year extension of stay into your passport you would have to report address every 90 days if you did not exit Thailand during that time.  But showing 400k is often required now at a Consulate to obtain the one year multi entry O visa - so for that there would not be any 90 day reports.

12 minutes ago, fishtank said:

Give up Lop. I think he is just winding us up.

I thought you gave up already, by the way you were wrong but didn't make you humble.

Anyway if I don't understand you (since you were wrong) I do understand Lop.

So thanks for your time to you all I understand now

• Confused 1

1 hour ago, fry30 said:

Because it was not a Non O Visa.

It was an extension of stay.

I'm sorry, plenty of people wrote a lot of stuff this morning and I thought you'd get it.

What's wrong with you?

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, fry30 said:

I thought you gave up already, by the way you were wrong but didn't make you humble.

Anyway if I don't understand you (since you were wrong) I do understand Lop.

So thanks for your time to you all I understand now

I was 100% correct as others have stated.

It amazes me how many like you stay here and have no idea what they have in their passport.

• Like 1

You are soooo pretentious, I appreciate the answers from Ubonjoe, very professional.

Fishtank you stated that there is no report at immigration at the very beginning, there is, the 60 days extension, you told me I couldn't do this.

Anyway I really have other things to do than to argue with you. Speaking about troll you are pretty good for it.

I don't want to offend those who really want to help but the circle of pretentious jerk that spoil every topic are really annoying.

Indeed that's enough, I'm out

You are soooo pretentious, I appreciate the answers from Ubonjoe, very professional.

Fishtank you stated that there is no report at immigration at the very beginning, there is, the 60 days extension, you told me I couldn't do this.

Anyway I really have other things to do than to argue with you. Speaking about troll you are pretty good for it.

I don't want to offend those who really want to help but the circle of pretentious jerk that spoil every topic are really annoying.

Indeed that's enough, I'm out

Not a very nice way to thank someone who has spent half the day trying to help you.

You clearly have no idea what is in your passport and rely on others to help you.

I tried my best with correct information as have many others.

A shame that you chose to argue when you clearly have no idea about immigration issues.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

after all that nonsense you might think I'm also taking the <deleted> - but I'm not!
the 7 days extra is just 7, not 7 working days, right?

with weekends on top that would take it up to 97 +2 + 2 = 99 days or even 101

I ask because my report is due November 23 but it would be much more convenient for me to do it in the first week of December

by the way, even it is only 90 + 7 days, that would actually make it a 97-day report, right -

if there's no penalty for doing it a week late it might as well be the 97-day report!

10 hours ago, pomozki said:

after all that nonsense you might think I'm also taking the <deleted> - but I'm not!
the 7 days extra is just 7, not 7 working days, right?

with weekends on top that would take it up to 97 +2 + 2 = 99 days or even 101

I ask because my report is due November 23 but it would be much more convenient for me to do it in the first week of December

by the way, even it is only 90 + 7 days, that would actually make it a 97-day report, right -

if there's no penalty for doing it a week late it might as well be the 97-day report!

It's seven calendar days and the count includes your report date (so November 23 plus six days). The latest you can report is November 29th.

Sophon

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, pomozki said:

Since everyday is counted and that includes the report date the latest day you could report would be the 29th.

You can do the report up to 15 days early if one of those days would be more convenient to do it.

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, ubonjoe said:

Since everyday is counted and that includes the report date the latest day you could report would be the 29th.

You can do the report up to 15 days early if one of those days would be more convenient to do it.

thanks, in which case calling it a "7-day grace period" is misleading - if my report date is Nov. 23 and their grace period allows me to do it by the 29th in any other world but Thailand this would be called a 6-day grace period! I certainly did not know that and I doubt most other people would realise it either.
Anyway, thanks again for your quick reply, much appreciated