Sterling on back foot due to growing concern about no-deal Brexit

webfact

12 hours ago, Thairealist said:

Well as your not British, you cannot be held responsible either way.

But don’t worry when we eventually escape the clutches of the E.U.

expect us to bounce back up.

seems strange the most vociferous of the critics of brexit are not actually resident there,the old saying---"you mind your own buisness,and i,ll mind mine "springs to mind.

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, kingdong said:

seems strange the most vociferous of the critics of brexit are not actually resident there,the old saying---"you mind your own buisness,and i,ll mind mine "springs to mind.

Has to be the most sensational inaccurate post of the week. Are you saying 17.4 million people who live overseas voted Brexit or are you talking absolute rollocks.

22 hours ago, OneMoreFarang said:

The Brits get what they want...

(I am sorry for the people who voted remain and who have to live through this. It must be hard.)

Don't worry its called democracy on a binary vote. Unsure where you come from but it is in place in most western countries. Those who voted remain may not have the strength or courage to get away from a dominating, German led EU. If they are that concerned, I heard that Albania, Romania, Croatia and Hungary are places that want people. Or they can back the government and the process for leaving the EU and show some courage and backbone.

They can have their say at the next GE like the one 2 years ago. I would say respect the result and not 'throw your doll out of the pram' that seems to happen with so many leavers of today. It took 43 years to get a referendum on the EU. Leave won. Let the process happen then campaign for re-entering, if that's what you want, in say 20 years. Seems only fair.

2 hours ago, kingdong said:

Reread your post and due to it being early and my eyes not in full focus I understand what you mean

2 hours ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Don't worry its called democracy on a binary vote. Unsure where you come from but it is in place in most western countries. Those who voted remain may not have the strength or courage to get away from a dominating, German led EU. If they are that concerned, I heard that Albania, Romania, Croatia and Hungary are places that want people. Or they can back the government and the process for leaving the EU and show some courage and backbone.

They can have their say at the next GE like the one 2 years ago. I would say respect the result and not 'throw your doll out of the pram' that seems to happen with so many leavers of today. It took 43 years to get a referendum on the EU. Leave won. Let the process happen then campaign for re-entering, if that's what you want, in say 20 years. Seems only fair.

No 

It is called tyranny of the minority

2 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The ballot paper clearly said leave or remain, it didn't have attachments or conditions so your argument is futile, old and a load of rollocks.

Three years later the reality of what that actually means becomes apparent.

Good luck selling recession to the electorate.

10 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The ballot paper clearly said leave or remain, it didn't have attachments or conditions so your argument is futile, old and a load of rollocks.

The leave campaign did state what would happen

A deal would be negotatiated before starting the legal process to leave.

I am aware of a large group of leavers who wanted to join EFTA

11 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

The leave campaign did state what would happen

A deal would be negotatiated before starting the legal process to leave.

I am aware of a large group of leavers who wanted to join EFTA

And the remain campaign said 900,000 thousand jobs would be lost if we voted leave. So I will stick by my statement, you are talking a load of rollocks. Leave means leave whatever way it has to be. Sadly the establishment and a bunch of cry baby lefty luvvies, can't accept the referendum result and we are at this stage, because of that.

3 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And the remain campaign said 900,000 thousand jobs would be lost if we voted leave. So I will stick by my statement, you are talking a load of rollocks. Leave means leave whatever way it has to be. Sadly the establishment and a bunch of cry baby lefty luvvies, can't accept the referendum result and we are at this stage, because of that.

Does that include the leavers who want to join EFTA

20 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

Does that include the leavers who want to join EFTA

Well the EFTA was an option for some but as the EU have played hardball and called it cherry picking, making up the so called hard border in Ireland. All designed to keep the UK in the EU. if the EU was smart they would have let the UK leave with a partnership. sadly they are hell bent on a federalised Europe and with their new leader it will only get worse.

The UK is polarised I will admit that but after 43 years of lies, deceit and corrupt politicians from Heath, Major and Blair there is no 'being best buddies' with the EU and their one direction.

You seem to suggest compromise in your posts but the way the EU are intending to punish the UK, for daring to day we tried your project but no thanks. Good luck. It just won;t happen unless there is a complete directional. change from the EU.

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Well the EFTA was an option for some but as the EU have played hardball and called it cherry picking, making up the so called hard border in Ireland. All designed to keep the UK in the EU. if the EU was smart they would have let the UK leave with a partnership. sadly they are hell bent on a federalised Europe and with their new leader it will only get worse.

The UK is polarised I will admit that but after 43 years of lies, deceit and corrupt politicians from Heath, Major and Blair there is no 'being best buddies' with the EU and their one direction.

You seem to suggest compromise in your posts but the way the EU are intending to punish the UK, for daring to day we tried your project but no thanks. Good luck. It just won;t happen unless there is a complete directional. change from the EU.

I do not suggest any compromise in my post

I state  the UK is at the point of tyranny by the minority

Nobody has asked the public if they want no deal. Sure the referendum stated leave the EU. The relevant campaign promised a deal. There was a group of leavers that had a plan to join and re shape EFTA

Boris Johnson only last month stated he wanted the current arrangements to remain in place.

Johnson has also stated in the past that there is no planning for no deal because we will get a great deal.

There is no majority in Parliament for no deal.

The No Deal is a minority group

If it was Parliaments wish . The talk of suspending parliament would be moot.

16 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

I do not suggest any compromise in my post

I state  the UK is at the point of tyranny by the minority

Nobody has asked the public if they want no deal. Sure the referendum stated leave the EU. The relevant campaign promised a deal. There was a group of leavers that had a plan to join and re shape EFTA

Boris Johnson only last month stated he wanted the current arrangements to remain in place.

Johnson has also stated in the past that there is no planning for no deal because we will get a great deal.

There is no majority in Parliament for no deal.

If it was Parliaments wish . The talk of suspending parliament would be moot.

And that is your problem. Parliament are supposedly there to represent the people. The people voted to leave, no additions, leave in anyway, that has to be done. Luckily 600 plus self serving people are not the people. Boris Johnson knows that as much as some people want to ridicule him.

I can see you are a bitter remainer championing democracy, when it goes your way.

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

And that is your problem. Parliament are supposedly there to represent the people. The people voted to leave, no additions, leave in anyway, that has to be done. Luckily 600 plus self serving people are not the people. Boris Johnson knows that as much as some people want to ridicule him.

I can see you are a bitter remainer championing democracy, when it goes your way.

That is exactly the point

The public voted to leave . But not on what happens next.

Parliament represent the country and there is no majority for No Deal

Only a small minority want to leave with No Deal

14 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

That is exactly the point

The public voted to leave . But not on what happens next.

Parliament represent the country and there is no majority for No Deal

Only a small minority want to leave with No Deal

The point is if that's the only way to leave the EU due to their wanting to punish the UK for daring to want to leave their corrupt club, so be it. Parliament should represent the country, sadly many represent themselves. Boris Johnson knows that and I am hoping he weeds then out.

15 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The point is if that's the only way to leave the EU due to their wanting to punish the UK for daring to want to leave their corrupt club, so be it. Parliament should represent the country, sadly many represent themselves. Boris Johnson knows that and I am hoping he weeds then out.

If you want to talk about representing the country we certainly shouldn't leave.

https://www.indy100.com/article/brexit-leave-remain-52-48-per-cent-voter-turnout-electoral-register-charts-7399226

Doc1.docx

On 7/23/2019 at 9:15 PM, arithai12 said:

And?

The article mentioned the last 6 months. Shall we look what happened in the last 3, 5, 10 years?

All major currencies have been losing recently aganst the Baht, the GBP has lost more than others, fact, make what you want of it.

Are you sure about that? 

In 2012 the Australian $ was at 32,27 to the Baht. today it's around 21 Baht to the A$, that rivals the fall in the value of the £, easily.

23 hours ago, cleopatra2 said:

To be honest I don't think its a group at all, it just has to be said to get any chance of the EU "giving us" something "more".

I actually believe there will be second referendum (on which solution) OR an election (because nothing has changed in Parliament except the leader of the conservatives). Which ever way, if I am right the "people" will get their chance again and let's hope that the 27.8% who did note vote get off their backsides and vote. And let's hope those citizens who have been disenfranchised by having the right to vote denied them someday get the vote back.

If the majority 'remainer' government had acted on what they were instructed to do by the people, there is an argument the pound could be better rather than continuous limbo ! The politicians in the UK are making it worse - not better !
There is no no-Deal in any instruction written down anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Archived