Sterling on back foot due to growing concern about no-deal Brexit

webfact

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

There is no no-Deal in any instruction written down anywhere.

Sent from my SM-N935F using Thailand Forum - Thaivisa mobile app

Yes there is.

"If no agreement is concluded within two years, that
state's membership ends automatically, unless the European Council and the Member
State concerned decide jointly to extend this period."

35 minutes ago, vogie said:

Yes there is.

"If no agreement is concluded within two years, that
state's membership ends automatically, unless the European Council and the Member
State concerned decide jointly to extend this period."

Where exactly was that mentioned on the ballot paper (which, I understand, is the “instruction of the people” the original poster was referring to)?

4 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Where exactly was that mentioned on the ballot paper (which, I understand, is the “instruction of the people” the original poster was referring to)?

Which part of "any instruction" don't you understand?

On 7/24/2019 at 2:03 PM, Laughing Gravy said:

The ballot paper clearly said leave or remain, it didn't have attachments or conditions so your argument is futile, old and a load of rollocks.

Correct and that is why the British people should have a say now we all know the serious consequences of a crash out.

Democracy will prevail in spite of Boris and his cronies,.

10 hours ago, bannork said:

There was a referendum that shown the majority wanted to leave. Man up, accept it and stop peddling hearsay.

1 hour ago, fishtank said:

Correct and that is why the British people should have a say now we all know the serious consequences of a crash out.

Democracy will prevail in spite of Boris and his cronies,.

43 years before we had a say and we haven't even left yet and you want to change a democratic referendum. Listen to yourself you sound bitter, undemocratic and need one of those USA crying rooms.

I wonder how the USA, China, Australia, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, India plus many others do outside the EU. They must be living in the 20th century. Or maybe they all do Okay. For me if your British you have no backbone, if you are from the EU, well that makes sense, you like our fishing waters and contributions.

If you are from somewhere else when its pointless responding.

6 minutes ago, welovesundaysatspace said:

Read the things you’re replying to more carefully before you post something that makes you look like a fool. 

Why do you resort to insults when you lose an argument?

2 hours ago, SheungWan said:

There is no no-Deal in any instruction written down anywhere.

I replied that there is, and indeed showed proof, please stop baiting.

Just another note, the UK has guaranteed the rights of EU citizens in the UK but the EU will not reciprocate and guarantee the same. They would be called loan sharks in the UK law courts. When will people wake up and see what the EU is about. Sadly I don't hold my breath. They call sheep stupid. It is a disservice to sheep.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Just another note, the UK has guaranteed the rights of EU citizens in the UK but the EU will not reciprocate and guarantee the same. They would be called loan sharks in the UK law courts. When will people wake up and see what the EU is about. Sadly I don't hold my breath. They call sheep stupid. It is a disservice to sheep.

If was already government policy

Nothing new here

7 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

If was already government policy

Nothing new here

You obviously didn't listen to Adam Bolton on Sky News today, asking the EU would they do the same. as the UK and guarantee the same conditions.

So it is the EU who are causing problems with citizens not the UK, please keep up.

Typical EU rhetoric, the UK bad we are good and support EU citizens but when it comes to the crunch, no they do not.

1 minute ago, Laughing Gravy said:

You obviously didn't k]listen to Adam Bolton on Sky News asking the EU would they do the same. as the UK and guarantee the same conditions.

So it is the EU who are causing problems with citizens not the UK, please keep up.

Typical EU rhetoric, the UK bad we are good and support EU citizens but when it comes to the crunch, no they do not.

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/explainers/british-citizens-europe-after-brexit

The case for lemmings over sheep.

43 years before we had a say and we haven't even left yet and you want to change a democratic referendum. Listen to yourself you sound bitter, undemocratic and need one of those USA crying rooms.

I wonder how the USA, China, Australia, Japan, Singapore, New Zealand, India plus many others do outside the EU. They must be living in the 20th century. Or maybe they all do Okay. For me if your British you have no backbone, if you are from the EU, well that makes sense, you like our fishing waters and contributions.

If you are from somewhere else when its pointless responding.
Do Hard Brexiteer lemmings argue that their backbones break their fall?

On 7/23/2019 at 7:42 AM, webfact said:

The pound <GBP=D4> traded at $1.2477, within striking distance of a 27-month low of $1.2382 reached last week.

So all in all it's not even as low as it was last week, a bit of a non event really.

12 minutes ago, SheungWan said:

The lie put out by the Hard Brexiteers is that no-deal is the only deal on the table from day one. No ifs and no buts. Wriggle away.

There is only one person wriggling here, 'if a deal has not been reached after 2 years, the country leaves the EU without a deal = no deal, unless the two parties agree to an extention. I trust this may make it clearer to you, but I suspect you know this already.

If you don't believe me, I give you............Jacob Rees Mogg.

12 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

Yes we get it again. So what about what the EU will do about UK citizens. Or are you going to continually avoid the question, again!

It is in the link provided

The government secured British citizens rights in the WA.

The issue of the British unable to accept what they agreed is not the fault of the EU. It squarely lies with the UK parliament

13 minutes ago, cleopatra2 said:

It is in the link provided

The government secured British citizens rights in the WA.

The issue of the British unable to accept what they agreed is not the fault of the EU. It squarely lies with the UK parliament

The WA has not been agreed by the UK government. Where have you been. TM tried 3 times to get it through for the EU and the parliament said "Foxtrot Oscar". the UK Government are still saying they will respect the EU citizens rights. The EU are not saying they will respect the UK citizens rights in the same way the UK will of EU citizens. What bit can't you get your head around.

I guess you are an ill informed Europhile who still thinks the EU is a bastion of democracy.

13 minutes ago, Laughing Gravy said:

The WA has not been agreed by the UK government. Where have you been. TM tried 3 times to get it through for the EU and the parliament said "Foxtrot Oscar". the UK Government are still saying they will respect the EU citizens rights. The EU are not saying they will respect the UK citizens rights in the same way the UK will of EU citizens. What bit can't you get your head around.

I guess you are an ill informed Europhile who still thinks the EU is a bastion of democracy.

The WA has been agreed  as evidenced by the special summit held in november 

The UK has not ratified the deal.

The agreement protects British Citizens rights.

The only issue preventing these rights coming into force is the UK Parliament reluctance to ratify the deal

On 7/23/2019 at 1:48 AM, OneMoreFarang said:

The Brits get what they want...

(I am sorry for the people who voted remain and who have to live through this. It must be hard.)

i am in britain,and glad we,re getting out,i feel sorry for the punters who burnt their bridges hoping to make a new life in the los,to see it go down the gurgler when  the £1=30 baht which would seem to be the consensus they,re going to get a shock when they return to the uk you can blame that on the politicians,and the "markets"[a load of shiny arsed spivs in the city]

3 minutes ago, kingdong said:

i am in britain,and glad we,re getting out,i feel sorry for the punters who burnt their bridges hoping to make a new life in the los,to see it go down the gurgler when the the £1=30 baht, they,re going to get a shock when they return to the uk you can blame that on the politicians,and the "markets"[a load of shiny arsed spivs in the city]

You shouldn’t talk about the financial backers of Brexit like that.

56 minutes ago, vogie said:

There is only one person wriggling here, 'if a deal has not been reached after 2 years, the country leaves the EU without a deal = no deal, unless the two parties agree to an extention. I trust this may make it clearer to you, but I suspect you know this already.

If you don't believe me, I give you............Jacob Rees Mogg.

whats status quo got to do with brexit?

On 7/23/2019 at 2:00 PM, pegman said:

That sounds like tabloid rubbish. Try reading The Guardian for a change. 

Ah the Guardian. The only British newspaper with no bias to pro or remain Brexit.

Wait a minute, that paper is called the Beano.

The Guardian is heavily biased to Remain.

Archived