Can i use this tiles for the pool?

breaky9973

Morning everyone.

The pool contractor and the company doing the tiling disagree about the tiles to be used for our pool.

The contractor wants to use white tiles, made by TCI, for our pool. The tiling company says these tiles are not of good quality and also might be slippery.

Unfortunately I am not knowledgeable about tiles thus do not know which side to choose. A website I found does say these tiles are fit for pools.

Anyway any insight is appreciated. I have added pictures for reference.

Thanks!

20190720_143947_HDR.jpg

20190720_143954.jpg

20190720_144035.jpg

20190720_144048.jpg

20190720_144139_HDR.jpg

It's (going to be) your pool. So what do you think?

The size is correct for a pool and ceramics don't tend to be 'non slip'. Ceramics used around the pool are a different matter.

If you're not happy, tell them now. Even if it's just a colour issue.

Most get to choose their preference before build.

9 hours ago, Bagwain said:

They don't look like proper pool tiles. How thick are they & how thick is the glaze?

A good indication would be the price!!

If under 800 baht a sq/m stay away!!

Good point about the glazing. Didn't notice the facet at first glance either. Got absorbed by the color.

A combination of: TG(S)010 and TG(S)002 cost me considerately less when I bought the ceramics for my pool last year.

Those in the photo are in fact TCI swimming Pool tiles. The "series" is written in Thai. Check the website or printed catalog and you will understand they are sold and installed as swimming pool tiles. The Buriram United Sports Team swimming pool and the Rajabhat Buriram Olympic size swimming pool which was built in 2017 both are tiled with TCI swimming pool tiles. Those tiles are thicker than Cotto swimming pool tiles, but not nearly as thick as Kera Brand swimming pool tiles. 

TCI Ceramic Swimming Pool Tile Buriram Thailand.jpg

Archived