eTM6 - anyone tried it?

I installed the eTM6 app, but wondering if any benefit? Will it retain all my details each time to save re entering? Why the need to print out the TM6 from the app, that cannot be convenient if travelling outside Thailand for those returning here?

Interested in any experiences?

(I have just been to Myanmar and they don't have any landing cards at all, which seems much simpler!)

I down loaded the app and line inputs don't work correctly and are not titled correctly. (Missing choices, looks to line above,etc)  The cal for your B'Day only allows for current year. would not let me input data by hand.   I don't think any of these apps have been tested by an actual user before being released. Not worth down loading !!     Very Bad App !!!!

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, etsllc said:

The cal for your B'Day only allows for current year. would not let me input data by hand.

I get the screen shown here when I tap on the box for DoB and can scroll through month, day and year.  Do you get anything similar?  I should get my visa tomorrow so will probably try this out for the first time, although I think I'll probably complete a regular one on the flight too, just in case.

402408207_tm6app.png.d231ea0c925af997b540e78c6f8186b1.png

1 hour ago, ToddinChonburi said:

Most online 90 day reporting doesn't work so why would you trust this.

Yep, I can just see it, they will get everyone to use their crap web sites to upload all of your necessary data covering all of their immigration needs and then one day POP, their entire system will melt down due to lack of knowledge, care, design, maintenance etc, as it surely will. Then all of the data will be gone and guess what, when you cannot prove you have registered everything online in triplicate, they will say it is YOUR FAULT and you will be merrily handing over all of the fines that they now say you owe! They can go <deleted> themselves, there is barely a functioning website in the entire country, and the ones that do work are written by foreigners.

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, Formaleins said:

Then all of the data will be gone and guess what, when you cannot prove you have registered everything online in triplicate, they will say it is YOUR FAULT and you will be merrily handing over all of the fines that they now say you owe!

Most here, using these online systems (TM47, TM30) and apps, seem capable of making screen-grabs and printouts. That's what I do anyway.

I just worry about the IO at the airport dealing with an eTM6 for the first time? Might it be rejected? Then you fall back to the paper TM6, and that can't be used because your "record" already shows the eTM6, then it's a giant mess to sort out.

The TM6 number is required everywhere, on many/most/all forms.

Just waiting for some first-hand reports of success before jumping on this one.

The privacy concerns are simply a risk we all take here whenever we give out information. Not much we can do about it. Almost no protections, and difficult to mitigate the risk.

On 7/24/2019 at 1:03 AM, mtls2005 said:

Just waiting for some first-hand reports of success before jumping on this one.

Well not quite a report of success, but here's how I fared last night.

Opened Android App on phone and selected Arrival Card, acknowledged Ts & Cs and proceeded to data fill page.  Chose the option to read the MRZ on my passport and the camera came on.  It appeared to draw boxes round each of the target lines in the MRZ, but when pic taken it came back with invalid data and returned to the data entry page.  Every few attempts it put me right back to the Ts & Cs page.

On one occasion it read successfully and I briefly saw the data fields populated, but it jumped back to the Ts & Cs,  and on re-entering the data had gone.

Filled it all in manually or by selecting from the choices displayed, got to the end and submitted it all to get an invalid data error message, but no indication of the error.  Tried removing all non-compulsory fields and changing capitilsation on entries etc and after several attempts eventually got it submitted successfully, but I don't know which exact edit fixed it for me.

The message at the end showed an image and the form number (mid 20s) and a message it would be emailed to me (so I never grabbed the image).

No email received yet (around 14 hours later) so planning on filling a form in on the flight this weekend.

I would mark it about 2 out of 10 from my experience.

PS.  I also ran it on my Window laptop to see if it could grab the MRZ image using that but similar results so didn't go any further.

• Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Version 1.0.17 Android 

Filled in all data, no problem at all. 

Beware, Android set a space after dot in email, have to corrected manually. 

Finished both cards in/out and got the TM6 as pdf in your-files-folder. 

BUT ???? how to print from there? 

Where are the pdf stored? 

Any suggestion? 

18 hours ago, treetops said:

It's a hassle, but you could try taking a screenshot and editing out the extra <deleted>. Out of interest, what serial number did you get?  Mine was in the mid twenties when I did it just over a month ago.

Number was 38 plus the passportnumber. 

Resolution of screenshot is poor. 

Anyway, will use my ballpen and paper again ????

• 4 months later...