The Dot System Explained

geronimo

Hi TV members,

I estimate that 90% of you have no idea what those dots that appear above your avatar actually mean, so I thought I would start a thread about the little black dots.

• The maximum you can have is eight – 8-dotters are given the utmost respect by the mods, as they know that you know too!

• No one takes a one dotter seriously

• A member with 4 or more dots is considered to be wise enough to engage in stimulating dialogue.

• Mods can remove dots as a form of punishment ……

• 8 Dotters always get ….. the right change in 7/11, more likes than posts ….., are treated politely by immigration staff, the right to have credit cards, don’t need guarantors when borrowing money.

• All mods are 8 dotters (without exception)

• Members with 6 dots tend to be politically correct in everything they do, and the 6 dotters are generally regarded as the backbone of the community.

• It is illegal to laugh at a one dotter’s comment ….

• If an 8 dotter gets into a disagreement with any member that has less than 6 dots, they always come out on top.

• Dot allocation is only done at the special dot conference, which is held at the TVF roof garden, and it is an annual event that is much anticipated.

There is talk of having a 9th dot, specifically for those who have reached 100k posts (Jingthing suggested this)

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Geronimo, you been on the pop again?

All mods are 8 dotters, wrong, for any member or mod to get 8 dots they have to have made over 10.000 posts.

You must be very bored, taking the time to  start a thread about dots, but hey each to their own.:cheesy:

1 minute ago, colinneil said:

All mods are 8 dotters, wrong, for any member or mod to get 8 dots they have to have made over 10.000 posts.

You must be very bored, taking the time to  start a thread about dots, but hey each to their own.:cheesy:

Its all part of a coordinated plan to win this year's POTY ....... plus I think all members should know what they stand for, the dots I mean.

10 minutes ago, colinneil said:

I see you're 200 posts ahead of me to get to 10,000 posts. If I was competitive I'd post more crap than I normally do, just to get ahead of you, ha ha!

Just now, bluesofa said:

I see you're 200 posts ahead of me to get to 10,000 posts. If I was competitive I'd post more crap than I normally do, just to get ahead of you, ha ha!

actually, you are on the verge of your 8th and final dot, while I am hovering just under the 5k mark, which will give me that 7th dot that admin promised me for commentating on the POTY. I bow my head to you Sir, as you have double the post I do ...

If an 8 dotter goes out for a drink with a lesser member, the one with the least dots pays ...

If two 8 dotters go out for a drink, the one with the least number of likes puts his hand in his pocket.

When you reach that coveted 8th dot, you are given a special manual to read, which must be destroyed as soon as you finished reading it.

Not many people know this, but before you are awarded that final 8th dot, you must first pass an interview test.

As an all knowing 8th dotter, you should be able to give the right advice to newbies about opening bank accounts and applying for a driving licence, and the interview is very intense (they say) with some nasty sounding rituals that have to be performed.

We should get badges instead of those d*^n silly dots.  Hmmmmm what should the categories be???

Falling for a troll post, sarcasm mastery, having enough accounts to carry a topic solo?

I'm struggling here.  Give me a hand.

There was talk about having half dots, but they can't find a substance hard enough to cut them in half. Diamonds crumble like stale biscuits when coming into contact with a TV dot ......

2 minutes ago, gamb00ler said:

We should get badges instead of those d*^n silly dots.  Hmmmmm what should the categories be???

Falling for a troll post, sarcasm mastery, having enough accounts to carry a topic solo?

I'm struggling here.  Give me a hand.

asking silly questions .... answering silly questions .....

Archived