The Dot System Explained

geronimo

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure there are members who think dot allocation is automatic. Well, I can tell you it most certainly isn't.

When you are 25 posts away from a dot, Rimmer calls a mod meeting and proposes the dot allocation, asking all mods if there are any reasons why the dot should not be given!

In the event there are no objections, Rimmer dons the beaver hat and solemnly marches to the safe where the dots are kept. He then has to use his key, along with the 3 other keys that must be simultaneously inserted to open the dot box.

As soon as the box is open, all mods must look at the floor, as no one is allowed to see inside the box.

Once the dot is out of the box, it is put into a ceremonial urn, then it is blessed by Rimmer and a group of select mods take the dot to the server, where is it put.

I am not allowed to say what happens next ,,,,, otherwise I won;t get my 7th dot ......

3 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I'm sure there are members who think dot allocation is automatic. Well, I can tell you it most certainly isn't.

When you are 25 posts away from a dot, Rimmer calls a mod meeting and proposes the dot allocation, asking all mods if there are any reasons why the dot should not be given!

In the event there are no objections, Rimmer dons the beaver hat and solemnly marches to the safe where the dots are kept. He then has to use his key, along with the 3 other keys that must be simultaneously inserted to open the dot box.

As soon as the box is open, all mods must look at the floor, as no one is allowed to see inside the box.

Once the dot is out of the box, it is put into a ceremonial urn, then it is blessed by Rimmer and a group of select mods take the dot to the server, where is it put.

I am not allowed to say what happens next ,,,,, otherwise I won;t get my 7th dot ......

You mean it's NOT based on a blockchain like Bitcoin?

They usually present dots in the photography forum, as no one ever goes in there! And this is the post that send the dot alarm to Rimmer's main console .., Jeez I'm overcome with excitement, a mere 25 posts to go

Just now, geoffbezoz said:

Does this mean the more dots you gain you eventually become "dotty"  ? ????

dotty
/ˈdɒti/
adjective
INFORMALBRITISH

1. eccentric or slightly mad.
    "a dotty old lady"

You have to be dotty to join the forum in the first place!

1 minute ago, Mikisteel said:

Sounds like a discussion about moderation. Sounds dodgy.

I must admit I am very close to the line, but my lawyer assures me that to date, I haven't gone far enough to lose any dots, or even get a posting holiday!!!

Is there also a funny handshake, or some other potty greeting, for the 8 dotters like the Freemasons or can't you say ?

There is. It involves a dead salmon, that's all I can say!

15 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Hello, this is Geronimo's wife. Some people in black suits bundled my hubby into a car and sped off down the road ......

Don't worry, he will soon be better but was he singing this as they took him ?

Don't worry, he will soon be better but was he singing this as they took him ?

He only had enough time to tell me where he keeps his slush fund ......

28 minutes ago, geronimo said:

Hello, this is Geronimo's wife. Some people in black suits bundled my hubby into a car and sped off down the road ......

Hello Geronimo's wife.

How come you've let him smoke that dodgy stuff for two consecutive days on the run now? He's certainly gone off at a tangent (tan θ = opposite over adjacent).

Aren't you concerned about the pile of dishes he still hasn't washed - or is it safer to wait until his head clears before you left him loose with any cutlery?

Archived