geronimo

• Replies 250
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Andrew Dwyer said:

Disappointed ☹️

In your younger days you would have come back with:

“ just another string to my bow “ emoji51.png

True enough. That was in the days when I rode my trustee steed and hammered Custer. I'd gladly give all my dots to be on that battlefield once more!

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

Ah, you've got a length of rubber hose too?

Or is that for 'other things' as well?

I am not at liberty to tell you what I use my old war tools for, but I'm sure you could use your imagination.

1 minute ago, Radar501 said:

Admin allocates dots on a case-by-case-basis.

Screenshot 2019-07-24 14.19.19.png

WOW! I bow to your seniority your most revered highness .....24 of them ....... and almost a quarter of a million posts!!!!!

1 minute ago, bluesofa said:

I take it you're attempting to get your eighth dot today with all your posts?

Would never happen, but I do like the idea ........ Suppose I could ask Webfact if I could borrow one ......

On 7/23/2019 at 9:44 AM, geronimo said:
On 7/23/2019 at 9:43 AM, nikmar said:

Im a doting Father. ????

and a 6 dotter ....well done ...

I don't think the dots are allocated based on post count, I think it has more to do with reputation. For example, poster nikmar has 6 dots, as do I, but only has about 2600 posts, compared with my 4800. However, our reputation points are somewhat equivalent, as he has 4516 and I have 4633. However, mysteriously, Geronimo has fewer rep points than both of us (around 4200), but more posts at 5,000, and now mysteriously has 7 dots.

It does seem to be a true mystery, this point allocation system. 

1 minute ago, keemapoot said:

I don't think the dots are allocated based on post count, I think it has more to do with reputation. For example, poster nikmar has 6 dots, as do I, but only has about 2600 posts, compared with my 4800. However, our reputation points are somewhat equivalent, as he has 4516 and I have 4633. However, mysteriously, Geronimo has fewer rep points than both of us (around 4200), but more posts at 5,000, and now mysteriously has 7 dots.

relax, you are but 200 posts away from your 7th dot .....

9 minutes ago, keemapoot said:

9 hours ago, geronimo said:

I'm sure there are members who think dot allocation is automatic. Well, I can tell you it most certainly isn't.

When you are 25 posts away from a dot, Rimmer calls a mod meeting and proposes the dot allocation, asking all mods if there are any reasons why the dot should not be given!

In the event there are no objections, Rimmer dons the beaver hat and solemnly marches to the safe where the dots are kept. He then has to use his key, along with the 3 other keys that must be simultaneously inserted to open the dot box.

As soon as the box is open, all mods must look at the floor, as no one is allowed to see inside the box.

Once the dot is out of the box, it is put into a ceremonial urn, then it is blessed by Rimmer and a group of select mods take the dot to the server, where is it put.

I am not allowed to say what happens next ,,,,, otherwise I won;t get my 7th dot ......

Hahahahahaha .. Geronimo you are nuttier than a sack full of squirrels .. I gotta go lie down my hernia's hurting .. 

37 minutes ago, geronimo said:

I notice that Bluesofa has an extraordinary number of likes when compared to his post count, so he must be a popular poster.

Perhaps a contender for this year's POTY

At a like rate of only 2.31 likes per post (at the time of writing) I have BlueSofa beat with my like rate of 3.10, do I get one of them POTY nominations. ????

Mind you, a fair few of my likes did come from Bluesofa. ????

14 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

At a like rate of only 2.31 likes per post (at the time of writing) I have BlueSofa beat with my like rate of 3.10, do I get one of them POTY nominations. ????

It is unheard of for a 4-dotter to win the POTY, but who knows? If you get nominated and can avoid the shrapnel, you are in with a chance.

1 hour ago, geronimo said:

I notice that Bluesofa has an extraordinary number of likes when compared to his post count, so he must be a popular poster.

Perhaps a contender for this year's POTY

Or more likely just an outstanding bullshitter?

40 minutes ago, Bert got kinky said:

Hey Bert, I never knew you were a part-time accountant?

Reminds me of my primary school teacher's note in my school report: Must try harder.

Mind you, quite a few posters have said I'm very trying.

Archived