BANGKOK 18 August 2019 18:33
webfact

Man charged with attempted murder after foreign tourist stabbed in neck in Phuket

Man charged with attempted murder after foreign tourist stabbed in neck in Phuket

2pm.jpg

Picture: Sanook

Sanook reported further details after an Egyptian was slashed in the neck by a roti seller who thought that the tourist was having a go at his wife. 

Surachai grabbed a big knife when he heard the words "F*CK YOU" uttered by the tourist. 

Without asking questions he went for the jugular - fortunately he missed but there was still a 7 centimeter gash. 

Mahmoud Abbas, 30, is recovering in Bangkok Phuket hospital after the attack at the end of last week. 

Chalong police have been investigating and have witnesses who said that the tourists (there were two not three as previously reported) were actually talking about some Thai boxing they had been to see. 

The comments were just idle chatter between friends and not a slur on the character of Surachai's wife. It was all a misunderstanding.

Surachai has been charged with attempted murder.

Investigations continue with police talking to the friend of the victim who also appears to have been hurt.

Source: Sanook

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-23

Perhaps next time the Egyptian gentleman will refrain from foul language in public areas.......:whistling:

• Confused 1
  • Sad 2

24 minutes ago, NCC1701A said:

in all seriousness, don't ever say the F word because Thais only think of it in one context.  

I had to explain every usage of the F word to my girlfriend and why it is not always a horrible insult.

I read (heard?) that the word is an acronym... For Unlawful Carnal Knowledge. Say those four words in the heat of passion, and maybe, just maybe, if will relax and calm the soul.

20 minutes ago, BritManToo said:

I'm guessing his punishment for stabbing an Egyptian will be less then the white guy who beat the dog.

The guy who did the dog performed a premeditated crime, as opposed the other bloke that performed his crime in the heat of the moment. Still, you are correct... we will see which spends more time in the custody of the judicial system.

P.S. Animal cruelty is the USA is a big deal; some folks are sentenced for a long, long time.

• Like 1

I hope Mahmoud has some travel insurance. I don't believe that he will get any compensation from the attacker and medical treatment is expensive for foreigner. If not, he will be swearing not only about Thai-Boxing.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NCC1701A said:

in all seriousness, don't ever say the F word because Thais only think of it in one context.  

I had to explain every usage of the F word to my girlfriend and why it is not always a horrible insult.

I always say that I don't give an act of aerial intercourse.