Man charged with attempted murder after foreign tourist stabbed in neck in Phuket

webfact

On 7/23/2019 at 9:47 AM, petermik said:

Perhaps next time the Egyptian gentleman will refrain from foul language in public areas.......:whistling:

unfortunately foul language is now part of accepted English especially in the USA and the UK, many can't form a sentence without the use of a four lettered word.

20 minutes ago, soalbundy said:

unfortunately foul language is now part of accepted English especially in the USA and the UK, many can't form a sentence without the use of a four lettered word.

Too deleted-ing right!

1 hour ago, soistalker said:

Has the Egyptian said that he said <deleted>? And why are Egyptians speaking English to each other?!

Sounds like bullsh!t. 

Just another violent angry thai man, "him make me angry mak mak."

Well, that's the consequences, when you never learn to speak English, because things can end up in a violent misunderstanding, Roti-boy

4 hours ago, bluesofa said:

I'd have hoped an ambassador's son might just have some diplomacy learnt from his father. Like not to use profanities in public, or at least make it sound like something to look forward to.

Deranged Thai roti seller hacks man's neck with a machete. Claims it's because the victim swore too much in English, neither's native language, whilst buying rotis from him and his wife.

And you believe him!

5 hours ago, Thechook said:

Yep on the Australian news.  Ambassadors son, going to be hard to white wash this one with a wai and 50baht compensation.  Me thinks one Roti man has tarnished Thailands image internationally.

I wondered why he got charged for attempted murder instead of a wai and apology and a few Baht, it is all clear now. 

2 hours ago, Baerboxer said:

Deranged Thai roti seller hacks man's neck with a machete. Claims it's because the victim swore too much in English, neither's native language, whilst buying rotis from him and his wife.

And you believe him!

Absolutely. If what the son said was  true he would no doubt be swearing in his own language.

Why swear in English unless he was provoking the Thai?

Something smells fishy

12 hours ago, soalbundy said:

from my time in patong it was mostly used by those from the L.D.U. as they walked down the street, every third word it seemed.

15 hours ago, Thechook said:

Yep on the Australian news.  Ambassadors son, going to be hard to white wash this one with a wai and 50baht compensation.  Me thinks one Roti man has tarnished Thailands image internationally.

Probably a good thing to publicize the fact that many Thais go from jai-yen to murderous attacks in a split-second over virtually nothing.  Being told since childhood to only show 'coolness' and to bottle up your emotions is like plugging the steam valve on a pressure cooker - when if finally lets go, people get hurt.  And then when you're around Thais who actually don't like foreigners and can't really speak English - Boom!  And when it's a ambassador's kid on the receiving end of a knife attack?  Hope the Chinese don't hear about this.  

1 hour ago, connda said:

Probably a good thing to publicize the fact that many Thais go from jai-yen to murderous attacks in a split-second over virtually nothing.  Being told since childhood to only show 'coolness' and to bottle up your emotions is like plugging the steam valve on a pressure cooker - when if finally lets go, people get hurt.  And then when you're around Thais who actually don't like foreigners and can't really speak English - Boom!  And when it's a ambassador's kid on the receiving end of a knife attack?  Hope the Chinese don't hear about this.  

Chinese can't really use the 'f' word. They have their own very descriptive and graphic form of swearing.

They'll get 'f' you,' because they've seen it in films/tv.

My two Chinese favourites are 'f... your family seven generations back,' and 'may your children be born without r-soles.' Kind of thoughtful, genteel curses. ????

Archived