Thank goodness for amulets on the Thai roads!

webfact

4pm1.jpg

Thai caption: Unscathed?!

A Thai driver crawled out of the wreckage of his car yesterday to proclaim:

My amulet saved me!

Suphakorn, 35, was lying on the ground playing with his phone as if nothing had happened yesterday, reported Daily News. He was taken to hospital in Sri Racha but was only slightly hurt. 

His Toyota Camry was a write-off after a collision with a truck trailer and a plunge from the Mae Kim Buay Bridge heading towards Pattaya. 

4pm2.jpg

Picture: Daily News

Before he was taken to hospital Suphakorn had time to show his savior: Luang Poo Thuat. 

Thailand's roads are among the most dangerous in the world.

But the amulets seem to be doing a great job in keeping the death toll down to only 25,000 per year. 

Source: Daily News

Thaivisa reserves the right to occasionally use irony in its news reports and translations. 

thai+visa_news.jpg

-- © Copyright Thai Visa News 2019-07-23

9 minutes ago, webfact said:

My amulet saved me!

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that an amulet is going to save them in an accident, should be considered too stupid to be allowed to operate a vehicle.

I don't even want to get started on the next bunch of fools coming down the track, who will want his licence plate for lottery purposes.

37 minutes ago, ThreeEyedRaven said:

I'm sorry, but anyone who thinks that an amulet is going to save them in an accident, should be considered too stupid to be allowed to operate a vehicle.

I don't even want to get started on the next bunch of fools coming down the track, who will want his licence plate for lottery purposes.

The fact that you took this article seriously only shows that you get bothered by local nonsense and pagan beliefs, beside, amulet people will ridicule others who believe in say, god, they can claim and rightly so, that there's no difference in putting your fate and luck in some obscure lofty deity than a chunk of clay on a string...

2 hours ago, petermik said:

I have a stack of them for sale...all guaranteed genuine and will bring endless good fortune to all buyers....:wai:

How much would you sell to a thai for....I am thinking of becoming a devout buddist and get dual nationality

37 minutes ago, Kim J said:

How can you ever expect road safety issues to improve in a country where so many ardently believe this mumbo jumbo?

I dare say so many will continue to drive with their trade mark recklessness now buoyed up by the fact that their amulet will actually protect them!! I find such things quite scary that in these modern times, given the easy access to endless digital information people can still hold such beliefs, this really is stuff from the dark ages.

do you still believe in Father Xmas????

3 hours ago, webfact said:

But the amulets seem to be doing a great job in keeping the death toll down to only 25,000 per year.

In other news earlier this morning:

Prime Minister Prayut Chan-o-cha will on Thursday (July 25) unveil his government’s policy statement in Parliament, aimed at elevating Thailand to developed-nation status country.

:cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

Thaivisa reserves the right to occasionally use irony in its news reports and translations

Hahahaha .. Nice one TVF .. 

8 hours ago, webfact said:

How on Earth can one believe in that stupid nonsense, Ok I understand this is Thailand and people Believe in All kinds of bullshit.   ????

8 hours ago, webfact said:

What a joke 

Now Thai people will buy alot of amulets but still driving as stupid morrons 

Better driving skills and traffic enforcement there enforce the law with big fines and cancel driving licences for drug or alcohol use 

2 minutes ago, Adventra20 said:
10 hours ago, essox essox said:

do you still believe in Father Xmas????

Or the tooth fairy??

I'm getting dubious about the tooth fairy now.

When I was a kid and put a tooth under my pillow, I'd wake up the next morning with sixpence there.

Now if I put my dentures under the pillow, nothing happens any more.

22 hours ago, petermik said:

I have a stack of them for sale...all guaranteed genuine and will bring endless good fortune to all buyers....:wai:

They're all 2nd hand with no news of what happened to the previous owners.

20 hours ago, Kim J said:

How can you ever expect road safety issues to improve in a country where so many ardently believe this mumbo jumbo?

I dare say so many will continue to drive with their trade mark recklessness now buoyed up by the fact that their amulet will actually protect them!! I find such things quite scary that in these modern times, given the easy access to endless digital information people can still hold such beliefs, this really is stuff from the dark ages.

Whether they wear an amulet, a crucifix, or a suicide vest, they all live in a fantasy world that endangers everybody around them.

Collisions (!) with reality seldom change their 'beliefs'.

Archived