Crackdown on tourists in Pattaya! "Arabs" without driving licences surrounded

webfact

Whilst this is an absolutely correct move it will do nothing for tourism ... another nail in the coffin ... minus what % next TAT?

Start tackling the year on year road carnage before you fine someone for having a noisy motorbike!!

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, Isaanbiker said:

They never really were. I remember many pars in Pattaya with signs saying "No f---------g Arabs allowed.

P.S. That's not my personal view. 

I do remember a bar with a sign that I consider 'diplomatic'

If you are Muslim then we suggest you do not enter as we would not like to insult your faith by offering you alcohol.

Who would rent a bike and stick a aftermaket exhaust on it??? And I don't believe the bike rental shop do it as it costs money. Thais like making money not spending money on a exhaust on a bike to rent it out?? 

So these  noisy bikers aren't tourists there expats they  have a bike and have modified it and haven't been bothered to get a Licence  or do their  90 day report or update there visa Lol but once again blame pesky tourist. Not the locals. 

11 minutes ago, rtco said:

Whilst this is an absolutely correct move it will do nothing for tourism ... another nail in the coffin ... minus what % next TAT?

Start tackling the year on year road carnage before you fine someone for having a noisy motorbike!!

I think reducing the number of morons racing around on loud-a** motorcycles will improve the experience for most tourists.

3 minutes ago, maddox41 said:

Who would rent a bike and stick a aftermaket exhaust on it??? And I don't believe the bike rental shop do it as it costs money. Thais like making money not spending money on a exhaust on a bike to rent it out?? 

So these  noisy bikers aren't tourists there expats they  have a bike and have modified it and haven't been bothered to get a Licence  or do their  90 day report or update there visa Lol but once again blame pesky tourist. Not the locals. 

Been a while, but as I remember pulling the baffle out is free, and it can be easily reinstalled. 

.... and when are they going to start a crackdown on all the THAI THAI kids and teenager

without any proper driving lisence????????

By doing this focusing only on foreigners it really looks like hardcore discrimination.!!!!

If they are busy reducing the noice from arabs on motorbikes , maybe they should also check all the frickin bars on the way from walking street to marine plaza . I think its not normal the amount of noise those bars produce . Maybe 10 bars next to eachother all playing different music and louder then an airplane . Unbelievable that that shit is going on there for at least the last 10 years, before that it was a bit more quiet there but since then it is not normal and untill at least 4 or 5 in the morning . Unbelievable that nothing is being done about that . Same area, same people and 10 times worse then the noise of the bikes.

3 hours ago, Geoffggi said:

I agree with what has been posted above and must also say that I would be very surprised if the people renting these motorcycles had adapted the silencers for the bikes this must have therefore been modifications made by the owners of the bikes. I also agree with the comment regarding locals, on Pattaya Road 3 the noise that some bikes make especially early morning is ridiculous and the police do nothing, plus they Thai's ride 3+ on one motorbike and no helmets between them. This type of dual standards has to stop, no wonder the tourist numbers are down..!!

Thappraya Road and Thepprasit Road are race tracks for these noisy cretins,  both Thai and non-Thai. 

36 minutes ago, jlwilliamsjr18 said:

Loud Motorbikes, racing bikes, kids on motorbikes, no helmet use etc.... yup that's what see and hear everyday.  A case of mysterious selectivity. 

True, but this is one selective crackdown that's actually well deserved. They cruise around the soi yensabai area literally all night until dawn, two or three to a bike - it's a major public nuisance for local residents. Mostly rich kids from Kuwait and the Gulf states. 

Young people in Pattaya love to gun their bikes up sois along the Beach, modified bikes that roar loudly, many riders without licenses or helmets, including many Arabs & Indians. Many residents complain to no avail. I’m so glad that this is finally being recognized by the police and that they are trying to stop it. 

7 hours ago, KhunKenAP said:

Guess Arabian countries no longer on the TAT target list of quality tourists.

arab countries better be on the list of "wanted tourists" or the ever increasing high % of obese bar girls will not be sending much money home to isaan.

6 hours ago, Gumballl said:

It has everything to do with the BiB subjectively enforcing one noise ordinance, but not others.

By the way, since you are reading this thread, I suppose the only thing that captured your attention was that it was about Arabs. I suppose if the Arabs were squeezing rubber duckies and making a racket, it too would have piqued your interest.

This article is more to do with enforcing noise ordinances; not Arabs. 

No it's not....this about foreigners!

6 hours ago, Kim J said:

Any campaign by the Police to reduce antisocial behaviour has to be applauded, in particular something that might help to improve Thailand's woeful road safety record. But I do wonder when they are planning to do the same to all the Thai males that constantly mirror the exact behaviour this latest crackdown has targetted, also all the Thai renters that do not check licences. I do hope we can see that happening soon.

Would like to see police enforcing loud noise offenses in Ban Chang.  Street racing and noise along the bar street is becoming excessive and extremely dangerous.  Same soi where two were killed on a speeding motorcycle Monday night.  Police need to be out in force day and night stopping offenders. 

22 minutes ago, sanmyn said:

Young people in Pattaya love to gun their bikes up sois along the Beach, modified bikes that roar loudly, many riders without licenses or helmets, including many Arabs & Indians. Many residents complain to no avail. I’m so glad that this is finally being recognized by the police and that they are trying to stop it. 

Even old falang in Hua Hin with loud bike noise repeatedly going same route again and again with show of muscle also. No one raised that so far....... ????

7 minutes ago, balo said:

It's only Arabs who ride around on big bikes in this area, so you could have changed the headline to : Crackdown on Arabs............

To ride a bike is no offense but without a license, yes.

Many people dont like them because they buy bottle of premium whisky in bars compared to many of us just a couple of beer only.

They are tourist accepted to enter by Thai law so none should have problem or decide on them.

Thanks for reading

8 hours ago, webfact said:

An unspecified number of shops were fined 2,000 baht for each case. 

What happened to the tourists was not reported on this occasion. 

The crackdown appears twofold - dealing with gangs of tourists going about making noise on bikes and shops renting to them who flout the regulations. 

All I see are the Thai's up and down Soi Buakhao, going way to fast with some extremely loud motorcycles, the Thai's are by far the worst offenders, not Arabs or other tourists.

And a 2000 baht fine is not going to deter these shops...

.... and when are they going to start a crackdown on all the THAI THAI kids and teenager
without any proper driving lisence????????
By doing this focusing only on foreigners it really looks like hardcore discrimination.!!!!

Of course

8 minutes ago, mogandave said:

Why? If they get fined enough it certainly will.

Of course.....if they are being fined for 5, 10, 15 or more offenses x 2000.  But a single 2000 baht fine will not stop them.

And while they were checking the bikes, riders not wearing helmets gaily( I use the term in the old fashioned sense) rode past. The motorbike taxi rider without a helmet even rode up and talked to the cops. How do the cops know the exhausts have been modified to make more noise. My grandson in NZ track raced and the officials used sound measuring equipment to check his bike for decibel levels. I suppose here if a cop thinks it's too loud, it is, even if it's below the legal decibel level. Whatever, stop the racers. But then I thought I would never see pantomime again when I left the UK.????

Archived