Crackdown on tourists in Pattaya! "Arabs" without driving licences surrounded

webfact

8 hours ago, Gumballl said:

It has everything to do with the BiB subjectively enforcing one noise ordinance, but not others.

By the way, since you are reading this thread, I suppose the only thing that captured your attention was that it was about Arabs. I suppose if the Arabs were squeezing rubber duckies and making a racket, it too would have piqued your interest.

This article is more to do with enforcing noise ordinances; not Arabs. 

I found the Arabs to be dangerous drivers and just as arrogant as the Thais. 

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Yes, and they get fifty virgins each by way of compensation - not a bad deal in Pattaya!

Might explain why they are racing around on motorbikes....trying to find them before their mates do. Sadly I think they will be unsuccessful!

2 hours ago, Nanaplaza666 said:

If they are busy reducing the noice from arabs on motorbikes , maybe they should also check all the frickin bars on the way from walking street to marine plaza . I think its not normal the amount of noise those bars produce . Maybe 10 bars next to eachother all playing different music and louder then an airplane . Unbelievable that that shit is going on there for at least the last 10 years, before that it was a bit more quiet there but since then it is not normal and untill at least 4 or 5 in the morning . Unbelievable that nothing is being done about that . Same area, same people and 10 times worse then the noise of the bikes.

In 10 years you have never considered moving?

Of course.....if they are being fined for 5, 10, 15 or more offenses x 2000.  But a single 2000 baht fine will not stop them.

So it is a deterrent, not the first time, but certainly if it becomes regular.

Plenty of guys wearing helmets that wouldn’t but for the fines...

8 hours ago, Kim J said:

Any campaign by the Police to reduce antisocial behaviour has to be applauded, in particular something that might help to improve Thailand's woeful road safety record. But I do wonder when they are planning to do the same to all the Thai males that constantly mirror the exact behaviour this latest crackdown has targetted, also all the Thai renters that do not check licences. I do hope we can see that happening soon.

The truth is: By international agreement all DL are legal everywhere -- unless the cop can't read it. The only purpose of an International Driver's Licenses (IDL) is to eliminate the language problem for policemen in cases where one's home country DL is in some language other than English. 

When the police arbitrarily require an IDL, as was done there in Pattaya, they are creating their own rules. I've used my U.S., Thai and Philippine DL in many countries for 60 years. Not once did a policeman tell me I need an IDL.

1 hour ago, JMSIII said:

All I see are the Thai's up and down Soi Buakhao, going way to fast with some extremely loud motorcycles, the Thai's are by far the worst offenders, not Arabs or other tourists.

Soi Buakhao isn't an Arab enclave, and not the location mentioned in the report. 

The truth is: By international agreement all DL are legal everywhere -- unless the cop can't read it. The only purpose of an International Driver's Licenses (IDL) is to eliminate the language problem for policemen in cases where one's home country DL is in some language other than English. 

When the police arbitrarily require an IDL, as was done there in Pattaya, they are creating their own rules. I've used my U.S., Thai and Philippine DL in many countries for 60 years. Not once did a policeman tell me I need an IDL.

How many times were you pulled over with a loud muffler?

3 hours ago, PerkinsCuthbert said:

Yes, and they get fifty virgins each by way of compensation - not a bad deal in Pattaya!

Perky, let's be accurate. The correct number is 27 -- which is actually quite adequate since every time you pork them they recovery their virginity for the next go-round.

15 minutes ago, BradinAsia said:

First of all there is no such legal document as an International Driving License. The correct term is International Driving Permit.  Also not every country in the world is a signatory to the agreement, only those that have signed and ratified the 1926 Convention on Motor Traffic or both the 1949 Geneva and 1968 Vienna conventions. Driving in Thailand on an IDP is only legal if you are on short term Tourist visa's. Anyone on a long term visa needs a Thai DL, otherwise they will find that their insurance is invalid.

5 hours ago, PETERTHEEATER said:

Many had been illegally adapted with exhausts to make more noise.

In my experience a motorcycle with NO exhaust is the noisiest and adapting them with exhausts will usually reduce the noise.????

I cannot actually think of a single aftermarket exhaust that is quieter than the stock exhaust, So your experience appears to be totally unfounded.

1 hour ago, Pablosbmb said:

I found the Arabs to be dangerous drivers and just as arrogant as the Thais. 

Go to Dubai and you will witnessing more disciplined traffic. At BKK the MB hardly stop even on red and you need to duck like getting a bouncer in Cricket from all sides. I hope you know Cricket is a game and not????

Yes some young guys showing off a bit as they or like many of them know the flexibility here especially Pattaya where you can get a beer at 4am from 7-11 ???? Cheers to your good health????

I cannot actually think of a single aftermarket exhaust that is quieter than the stock exhaust, So your experience appears to be totally unfounded.

90% of after market is to ORM spec., so are as quiet or quieter.

Aftermarket Ricky-racer (the other 10%) is louder than OEM, but is still generally quieter than nothing.

were there only arabs without licence or only  arabs with noisy motos? i mean anyone, local, farang...arab,  driving witout a driving licence or driving with a noisy moto must be addressed by the police

Yes, but it’s difficult to hear who has a license and who doesn’t...

12 hours ago, GalaxyMan said:

And, of course, they're going to go after the estimated 25% of Thai drivers that have no licenses next, right?????ention 

They (the Arabs) are the authors of their own misfortune. Behave like a moron, get treated like one.

Unlicensed Thai drivers are unlikely to be stupid enough to draw attention to themselves. 

Arabs or anyone without licences should not be allowed to rent or ride/drive a motor vehicle.

So many Thai owned vehicles are extremely noisy, but the BiB do nothing every day.

"Offenders" are only targeted when the Bib are a bit short of cash, or the boss has ordered a new Benz.

Just another sad fact of Thailand.

16 hours ago, Gumballl said:

It has everything to do with the BiB subjectively enforcing one noise ordinance, but not others.

By the way, since you are reading this thread, I suppose the only thing that captured your attention was that it was about Arabs. I suppose if the Arabs were squeezing rubber duckies and making a racket, it too would have piqued your interest.

This article is more to do with enforcing noise ordinances; not Arabs. 

No this is about targeting Arabs and foreigners in general. If it was strictly about noise ordinances you would see thai teenagers lined up from pattaya to koh larn

6 minutes ago, skorp13 said:

No this is about targeting Arabs and foreigners in general. If it was strictly about noise ordinances you would see thai teenagers lined up from pattaya to koh larn

Nonsense.  In Burriram last week 400 Thais were apprehended for motor cycle offences.  Similar ME visitors come to the UK every summer and wreak havoc in London with their muscle cars. They are untouchable because of weak police and corruption at a diplomatic level. In Thailand they and other nationalities fit in where police bribery and corruption is the norm. They death of a Russian mother killed by Kuwaiti bikers last month might have motivated the police a bit. Where i live its in Pratumnak it East European men on muscle bikes driving too fast and too noisily just to show off. Its pathetic. But they, like the ME tourists,  have the BIB in their pocket. Bribery is a way of life. For most  European nations bribing the traffic police is uncommon or non existent. 

15 hours ago, dotpoom said:

Maybe the Thai's themselves will be next?

Nah.

They can do what they want, when they want, to who they want, in Pattaya.

BIB are not very interested in them, no big money in it for them.

Go for the tourists, much better idea,

One of the stories of the Arabian Nights? The E-motorbikes will never make it in Thailand for the punk kids (and some so-called adults) because they can't be made easily to be ear-splitting. The "motorbike disease of Thailand" continues.

Archived