Thai tourism in trouble: And competitor Vietnam is "scary" for Pattaya

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Exchange rate is bad, costs are going up, visas are getting a lot harder to get, and more competitive alternatives are arising.   it isn't really surprising stuff. Thailand ain't that cheap

Taxi company I use for my biz was always somewhat arrogant but did the job so stuck with them.   the other week was going away myself, owner was crying how quite it is.    Anyhow a

That´s great news! Maybe the bigger part of all foreign criminalty in Thailand can move to Vietnam too. Then this nice country can go back to what it once was.

Posted Images

34 minutes ago, stropper said:

really ! none of my mates would agree with you, it may be cheaper but at what level !

Depending on your Countries money exchange rate.

Don't worry they will get the Chinese and all countries back when Pattaya is turn into the next gambling destination, for the Chinese, like Sihanoukville has become. Pattaya has a port too that China would like to have troops near. Then that visa will be easier to get also. If not look for them extra long immigration lines. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1
6 hours ago, Metapod said:

Exchange rate is bad, costs are going up, visas are getting a lot harder to get, and more competitive alternatives are arising.

it isn't really surprising stuff. Thailand ain't that cheap anymore. Aussie dollar is like 21.7 thb these days. A lot of things are cheaper back in Aus now,

Blame your own currencies value.

Exchange rate is bad, costs are going up, visas are getting a lot harder to get, and more competitive alternatives are arising.

it isn't really surprising stuff. Thailand ain't that cheap anymore. Aussie dollar is like 21.7 thb these days. A lot of things are cheaper back in Aus now,

Blame your own countries currency value.Thai currency has value .

• Haha 1
6 minutes ago, DrTuner said:

That calculation would be: foreigners can't own land here. The house is usually part of the chanote. So the comparison makes little sense.

The price of rent and the price of housing for expats depends on the price of construction as you very well know.  I didn't say anything about the price of land anyway.  Farang can own a house or condo so the comparison makes perfect sense.

Edited by marcusarelus
  • Like 1

Aside currency exchange, Thais themselves are finding it cheaper to spend holidays in Da nang, rather than domestic.

One of my Thai friends will just that in September.

Edited by lkv
  • Like 1

Thai goods are very cheap but not against your own Countries currency. So that the problem.

• Sad 1

If they are worried about Vietnam, wait until Myanmar opens up and gets going. Take a look at the map of the Myanmar coast - thousands of small islands. Of course it needs development and not least, investment. It may be a way off but Thailand needs to be prepared.

• Like 2

Thai goods are very cheap but not against your own Countries currency. So that the problem.

• Like 1