Landlord says I file the TM30 not him. He is too busy for that.

Yours is a cautionary tale that this sort of thing should be sorted out BEFORE entering into a contract. Maybe negotiating a reduced rent in return for taking on this obligation?

You'll be fine until you have some business with Immigration, at which time your "coolness" may be tested.

Personally, I'd handle myself (registering for use with the online system using the owner's documentation).

• Like 2

Just now, rjwill01 said:

Bullshit. Follow the law. Law says landlord or his agent files tm30. Agents want moñey but don't want to do anything for it. Thailand needs all these so called agents licensed and educated 

Why don´t you help them to work out a plan for that. Good luck!

• Confused 1
  • Haha 2

Just now, Dnyy said:

The problem is the year long cuck-behaviour from westerners always swallowing everything. Now you see what you are getting. Thais think of themselves like higher species compared to foreigners. I am seeing that in my own Thai family and it disgusts me.

Spot the male supremacist.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The first check before paying any deposit is will the landlord do the TM30, if not find a new landlord

So they assure you they're going to take care of it, and then you move it, and they don't do it every time you come and go, and then what?  Guess who's going to be on the hook at Immigration in the event the ball gets dropped?

• Like 2

Either the landlord or the possessor has to do it.

If you are renting a condo in your name, you are the possessor.

So you and your landlord have the same obligation by law, one of you has to do it.

Edited by jackdd
  • Like 2

FYI
I am not the owner of the house where I live, i downloaded the app "section 38" and I registered my self as a "tenant" (under position field I chose "etc." and right after appeared a new field where I wrote "tenant").
I attached a copy of the tabian Baan, a copy of my passport (details page) and the power of attorney.
I received immediately the email for the email address confirmation. The next day the email with user and password.
Now I can register my self and any relative or friend will come to visit..

Sent from my oppo f9 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The first check before paying any deposit is will the landlord do the TM30, if not find a new landlord

True now but two years ago it was not something I would have been aware of and something a landlord didn’t have to be concerned about. It is a discussion I would have with any new landlord now.

Edited by Martyp

your going to be responsible for the fine no matter what the law says. thais are not obligated to rent condos and apartments to foreigners. in the future i predict no foreigners on tourist visas will be allowed to rent and there will be designated hotels were tourists are allowed to stay and that is it. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Matzzon said:

The law also states the pocessorof the residence can do it as well as the landlord. Please read the law.

i haven't seen an of official definiton of posessor anyhere, just posters' assumptions.  any link or reference available. 

8 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

i haven't seen an of official definiton of posessor anyhere, just posters' assumptions.  any link or reference available. 

There have been many TM30 threads here lately. In various of them, several of the TVF mods/admins have advised that the EN term being used as "possessor" in this context is considered under Thai law to include the notion of tenants.

22 minutes ago, IraqRon said:

No you may not ask for another link or anything else. I recommend that you search the forum. You will find lots of proof, by links and copies of official texts.

Just because of post like yours, we have a minimum of one new TM30 thread a day.

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

So they assure you they're going to take care of it, and then you move it, and they don't do it every time you come and go, and then what?  Guess who's going to be on the hook at Immigration in the event the ball gets dropped?

You say at the beginning that if you are charged it comes out of the rent.

my landlord only needs to do it on the entry before my extension but i usually get her to do it when i first arrive plus my final border run. Works for us

1 hour ago, Dnyy said:

The problem is the year long cuck-behaviour from westerners always swallowing everything. Now you see what you are getting. Thais think of themselves like higher species compared to foreigners. I am seeing that in my own Thai family and it disgusts me.

oh, really? Is it that bad?