BANGKOK 18 August 2019 23:57
3421abc

Landlord says I file the TM30 not him. He is too busy for that.

Yours is a cautionary tale that this sort of thing should be sorted out BEFORE entering into a contract. Maybe negotiating a reduced rent in return for taking on this obligation?

You'll be fine until you have some business with Immigration, at which time your "coolness" may be tested.

Personally, I'd handle myself (registering for use with the online system using the owner's documentation).

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Martyp said:

Not the first angry post about this. Now you will get some people cheering you on and others saying file and forget.

Yes, another one that´s gonna fight the system.

Just now, rjwill01 said:

Bullshit. Follow the law. Law says landlord or his agent files tm30. Agents want moñey but don't want to do anything for it. Thailand needs all these so called agents licensed and educated 

Why don´t you help them to work out a plan for that. Good luck!

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

Posted (edited)

changed my mind  🙂

Edited by rumak

Just now, Dnyy said:

The problem is the year long cuck-behaviour from westerners always swallowing everything. Now you see what you are getting. Thais think of themselves like higher species compared to foreigners. I am seeing that in my own Thai family and it disgusts me.

Spot the male supremacist.

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, scubascuba3 said:

The first check before paying any deposit is will the landlord do the TM30, if not find a new landlord

So they assure you they're going to take care of it, and then you move it, and they don't do it every time you come and go, and then what?  Guess who's going to be on the hook at Immigration in the event the ball gets dropped?

• Like 2