Landlord says I file the TM30 not him. He is too busy for that.

12 minutes ago, Leaver said:

"He is too busy for that."

So, tell him you are too busy to pay the rent, until he does the TM30.  ????

4 pages of same old story. Many folk in los in many different situations regarding living arrangements. I love my condo where I live. I think I'm perhaps only farang in 7 story building. Central bkk with mainly uni students. There is an office but its admin and deal with mail etc. I'm in/out bkk every week. International 2 times a month and rest just comfort trips outside bkk to pattaya, udon or wherever. I can do a tm30 that is now required CW by file as possessor. Only need lease. Or I can DEMAND office do a tm30...whatever.

I only post this as many folk in various situations. Been same place for 7 years. You suggestion along with others is what? Dig in heels? I will file by post myself as possessor or pay 800baht next visit for extension. Not a big deal. What's all this tm30 crap about.

Leaver..you serious about no pay rent until? Come on.

6 hours ago, Matzzon said:

The system and the law really sucks big time. Just think about thta you would travel around 4-8 times a year. Then the landlord must check everyday to see when you come back and report new TM30 4-8 times a year. It just doesn´t work.

To have a working system, this obligation should be only on the foreigner that has to report every time hh/she comes back.

It shouldn't be necessary to report any more than the initial submission.

If the tenant/occupier is traveling within Thailand then it is the duty of the hotel/owner to report the presence of the occupier. If the tenants travels abroad he reports his arrival/address via TM6 at point of entry.

The dots are all joined up.

3 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

4 pages of same old story. Many folk in los in many different situations regarding living arrangements. I love my condo where I live. I think I'm perhaps only farang in 7 story building. Central bkk with mainly uni students. There is an office but its admin and deal with mail etc. I'm in/out bkk every week. International 2 times a month and rest just comfort trips outside bkk to pattaya, udon or wherever. I can do a tm30 that is now required CW by file as possessor. Only need lease. Or I can DEMAND office do a tm30...whatever.

I only post this as many folk in various situations. Been same place for 7 years. You suggestion along with others is what? Dig in heels? I will file by post myself as possessor or pay 800baht next visit for extension. Not a big deal. What's all this tm30 crap about.

Leaver..you serious about no pay rent until? Come on.

Nice story, Dr. J, but how are your circumstances related to the many posters on here with TM30 "issues?"

No, I am not serious, see the little smiley face.

Now, being serious, the OP should have said, and I have stated this in other threats, that if the Landlord or Agent does not do the TM30, the OP should have told them they will go elsewhere and they will lose a tenant.  

If immigration are going to "turn the screws" on TM30's, well TM30's should be like water and electricity in a rental.  You wouldn't rent a place with no water or electricity, so hold the TM30 in the same regard. 

3 minutes ago, Leaver said:

Nice story, Dr. J, but how are your circumstances related to the many posters on here with TM30 "issues?"

No, I am not serious, see the little smiley face.

Now, being serious, the OP should have said, and I have stated this in other threats, that if the Landlord or Agent does not do the TM30, the OP should have told them they will go elsewhere and they will lose a tenant.  

If immigration are going to "turn the screws" on TM30's, well TM30's should be like water and electricity in a rental.  You wouldn't rent a place with no water or electricity, so hold the TM30 in the same regard. 

My condo has excellent services so that bit lame analogy. My post was aimed at many situations. Without listing all, which is boring...

Main point is file TM30 yourself as possessor is easy simple solution. To do that you need lease and few other minor requirements. Photocopy pp detail page, tm6, reentry permit or visa. So what's the big deal.

Your advice means I confront condo office re tm30...they say pi** off and I move. Brilliant!

I see road blocks in los then I drive around. 

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Jip99 said:

It shouldn't be necessary to report any more than the initial submission.

If the tenant/occupier is traveling within Thailand then it is the duty of the hotel/owner to report the presence of the occupier. If the tenants travels abroad he reports his arrival/address via TM6 at point of entry.

The dots are all joined up.

Is that a serious post?

There are reports of some imm offices requiring Zero need for tm30. Some reports about only required for return from international travel. 

Some require tm30 for both domestic and o/s.

Regardless of initial file tm30.

Edited by DrJack54

25 minutes ago, White Christmas13 said:

So I will hijack this tread again if I come in holidays to Thailand

and I book a hotel (lets say 2 weeks) and I move out to a friends

place for a couple of days and then fly back does he or me has to

fill in that form?

No. Your a tourist. Unless you have business at immigration for example extension tourist visa etc, nothing required. 

Edited by DrJack54
  • Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, DrJack54 said:

Is that a serious post?

It is exactly what I do.

TM 30 submitted once, copy stapled in my passport. I leave home (domestically and internationally) about 30 times a year. 

Usually caveat.....some immigration offices may act differently.

Well, since TI at CW has only recently started cracking down on TM30s, it's come as a shock to landlords as well as tenants.  Personally, I'd rather just do it myself by mail rather than get bogged down in back-and-forth communications with my landlord.  Once I have all the documents embedded in a single Word file, I can print it all out in a couple of minutes and easily send from the nearby Post Office.  Costs are minimal.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, treetops said:

I was in that position recently and was advised here one potential route was to ask the juristic office if they could do it.  I didn't pursue it as I didn't need to go to immigration, but I'm back again next week and will be in the same position.

I think if the owner is a farang he'll have a yellow book (?) and maybe a chanote and if you can get signed copies of these you may be able to register to file yourself.

The yellow book is not compulsory yes I know it's for a farang, 

Personally, I'd rather just do it myself by mail rather than get bogged down in back-and-forth communications with my landlord. 

Personally, I'd rather make a stand and refuse to be treated like a prisoner out on bail.  You can either bend over and accept the ever-increasing demands from Thai immigration.  Or you can make a stand and take yourself off to another country which doesn't impose such ludicrous and unnecessary regulations.

After 18 years in Thailand, I'm doing the latter....

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Jip99 said:

If the tenant/occupier is traveling within Thailand then it is the duty of the hotel/owner to report the presence of the occupier.

Correct.

But some offices require a TM30 report when returning from a domestic trip where a hotel will have reported the foreigner. This new report re-establishes the valid, old/existing/current address - location.

Example: neighbor spends one night at Bumrungrad where the hospital reports him to Immigraiton via the online TM30 system. Unaware of this report he heads to CW to renew his extension, which is rejected until he files a TM30 re-establishing his location at the address used on the TM7.

Returning from an international trip may also require a new TM30, if only to align the new TM6 number with the current valid TM30 filing.

That said some offices have said that as long as you return to your original address then you do not have to file a new TM30 (domestic jaunt and/or int'l). Mixed messages abound of course.

To be safe(st), some plan a TM30 filing upon return from any type of trip, which is the last one just prior to having to deal with Immigration, to the extent that these can be planned. That's the approach we've taken, more or less with the blessing of Immigration (after having paid blanket fines for everyone previously un-reported).

• Like 1

19 hours ago, rjwill01 said:

Bullshit. Follow the law. Law says landlord or his agent files tm30. Agents want moñey but don't want to do anything for it. Thailand needs all these so called agents licensed and educated 

Im with you Brother. Go to Immigration with agents name and address and report that agent is not co operating. Hopefully Immigration will contact agent and give them an attitude adjustment with the fine. I heard it was 2000THB. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, mtls2005 said:

But some offices require a TM30 report when returning from a domestic trip where a hotel will have reported the foreigner. This new report re-establishes the valid, old/existing/current address - location.

I suggest getting a pink ID for foreigner residing in Thailand from your district admin. You can check in with that instead of passport at hotels within Thailand. Therefore the hotel won't do a TM30 and the last TM30 you filed with your home address remains valid.

20 hours ago, rjwill01 said:

Bullshit. Follow the law. Law says landlord or his agent files tm30. Agents want moñey but don't want to do anything for it. Thailand needs all these so called agents licensed and educated 

Agreed, but seems too many dopey falangs simply have no spine and just do as they are told.

• Sad 1

19 hours ago, jackdd said:

Here the official definiton:

My translation (i am learning Thai , not fluent at all, and i could be wrong!) 

Ambiguous to me, you either own the house or you don't. 

"Homeowner means, person that is in the position of head owner of the house or renter or other that follows the law of registration for the population."

44 minutes ago, chrissables said:

My translation (i am learning Thai , not fluent at all, and i could be wrong!) 

Ambiguous to me, you either own the house or you don't. 

"Homeowner means, person that is in the position of head owner of the house or renter or other that follows the law of registration for the population."

เจ้าบ้าน = Housemaster (not House/Homeowner)

นหัวหน้าครอบครอง = chief possessor (not head owner)

47 minutes ago, jackdd said:

เจ้าบ้าน = Housemaster (not House/Homeowner)

นหัวหน้าครอบครอง = chief possessor (not head owner)

As mentioned, i am learning, but two site say.......

homeowner

COMPONENTS

เจ้า

jâo

•owner;possessor

บ้าน

bâan

•home;house

host; owner of the house; householder; homeowner

ครอบครอง

krôp krong   [to] possess ; own ; belong to

Ambiguous as i said 

20 minutes ago, chrissables said:

As mentioned, i am learning, but two site say.......

homeowner

COMPONENTS

เจ้า

jâo

•owner;possessor

บ้าน

bâan

•home;house

host; owner of the house; householder; homeowner

ครอบครอง

krôp krong   [to] possess ; own ; belong to

Ambiguous as i said 

Not ambiguous, just two sites which are wrong. Houseowner would be เจ้าของบ้าน.

Just have a look in a Thai house book, it has an entry for เจ้าบ้าน, the person named there is the housemaster, not the owner, the owner is on the chanote (the owner and housemaster can of course be the same person, but a house book does not show ownership)

ครอบครอง can maybe also mean owner, but in this sentence it means possessor.

Don't you know you are just a lowly foreigner, when any thai tells you what to do you should not question it and just say yes sir like many others on this forum do. One only has to search through the forums and you will find tens of thousands of posts were the general consensus is just suck it up and do it as it is not worth the hassle. Thais know this now and they will always use it to their advantage!!

I have moved multiple times in the last few years and I always ask "will you do the tm 30" Only 1 said no and I just walked away straight away from him. He messaged me after saying he would do it but too late then I didn't trust him after that.

Edited by theonetrueaussie

10 minutes ago, theonetrueaussie said:

I have moved multiple times in the last few years and I always ask "will you do the tm 30" Only 1 said no and I just walked away straight away from him. He messaged me after saying he would do it but too late then I didn't trust him after that.

Immigration need to be informed, that's the rules, and you can (usually) quickly complete the TM30 yourself.

What I don't understand is why you choose to be so stubborn and insist somebody else does it for you. You then have to immediately contact and inform the owner/manager/agent every time you return from a trip away from home so they can pass the information on to immigration within 24 hours. Why would you choose to supply them with all your movements when you only need to spend two minutes updating your TM30 yourself and keep your travel arrangements private from your owner/manager/agent? 

Offer the landlord to do his work/responsibility and charge your time by the hour to him. No idea what an hour of your time costs, but it should be at least 65000THB divided by 22 working days of 7 hours a day is about 430 THB.
Add the inconvenience factor and gasoline plus depreciation of your transport, and you will come easily to 2000THB per hour.
Now it is a win-win situation ????

When the condo office declares your , you can ask for a copy. I don’t have to ask, they give it to me as soon as I arrive. Also, if you don’t declare’ yourself as well, you can’t get an extension .

3 minutes ago, JulesMad said:

Offer the landlord to do his work/responsibility and charge your time by the hour to him. No idea what an hour of your time costs, but it should be at least 65000THB divided by 22 working days of 7 hours a day is about 430 THB.
Add the inconvenience factor and gasoline plus depreciation of your transport, and you will come easily to 2000THB per hour.
Now it is a win-win situation ????

And when the landlord laughs and tells you 'as the tenant you are equally responsible for filing the TM30' he's not paying you, but he'll leave you to get fined for not filing it next time you have to go to Immigration, what's your reply?